Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sraith Pictiúr : Leaving Cert Irish Oral.

• 23-08-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the Sraith Pictiúr is going to change every year or remain the same for a few years?
    I thought I heard somewhere that it may change annually. I have spent a lot of time this summer doing up notes on the current series.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 neverfinished

New fifth years will get their sequence in September I believe. Last years pictures will be used by new sixth years next week and it will continue like this as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Change, what a load of nonsense! As for 20 for any level, ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

Change, what a load of nonsense! As for 20 for any level, ridiculous!

Completely agree. I have a weak ordinary level class and they were overwhelmed by the number of pictures. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Weak Ordinary Level students are already struggling to get to grips with the literature that's on the course without having to do all the picture sequences too.

I understand that they want to make sure that the students don't just learn them off like they would if there was 5, but the reality is that they will still learn them off.

How have people been approaching the picture sequences? I haven't taught the new course yet myself.

Weak Ordinary Level students are already struggling to get to grips with the literature that's on the course without having to do all the picture sequences too.

I understand that they want to make sure that the students don't just learn them off like they would if there was 5, but the reality is that they will still learn them off.

How have people been approaching the picture sequences? I haven't taught the new course yet myself.

I have made a booklet. Opposite each picture sequence I have a grid with 5 simple sentences per picture. There is a column for the Irish and a column for the English translation. At the bottom of the page is a box for "Ceisteanna" as they have to ask the examiner questions on the sequence.

I have a very weak class. We got 10 done last year. We just practiced a lot. I also have a page of phrases that can be used in most pictures, ie, "Lá iontach a bhí ann", "Tá siad ar bís", Tá áthas orthu" srl.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 siulach

Don't forget that our old friends the sliochtanna léitheoireachta were initially supposed to be changed every year when they were introduced in 2001, and they stayed the same until 2011! Given that the department have yet to supply us with a sample paper, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that the 20 sraitheanna pictiúirí given to us last year will stay the same for the forseeable

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭caroline72

They will be changing!!

As per the circular outlining the curriculum changes for L Cert 2012 ar aghaidh:

The different series of pictures will be made available to the schools for the first time
    in the first term of the fifth year, before the end of 2010. A sample of the A4 picture
    series may be found at the end of this document. The 2012 examination will be based
    on this series of pictures. Twenty new pages, with a series of pictures on each will be
    issued in September 2011 for the examinations in 2013. Twenty different pages will
    be issued each year afterwards. The subject matter of the pictures will be in line with
    the topics mentioned in the syllabuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

caroline72 wrote: »
    They will be changing!!

As per the circular outlining the curriculum changes for L Cert 2012 ar aghaidh:

The different series of pictures will be made available to the schools for the first time
    in the first term of the fifth year, before the end of 2010. A sample of the A4 picture
    series may be found at the end of this document. The 2012 examination will be based
    on this series of pictures. Twenty new pages, with a series of pictures on each will be
    issued in September 2011 for the examinations in 2013. Twenty different pages will
    be issued each year afterwards. The subject matter of the pictures will be in line with
    the topics mentioned in the syllabuses.

That all just means that they aspired to changing them annually when the idea came out. This was part of a circular issued around February, long after the first term of 2010.

I'll be shocked if 20 new pictures make their way into our schools by the end of September this year.

No sign of any new picture sequence or letter stating that they will be issued. :confused:
    Think I'm going to work away with the current pictures with my new 5th years.

note gone up on examinations.ie to say that the picture sequences for 2013 will be issued before midterm.

http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ex&sc=ps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NoelleTh

Going into the 3rd week after midterm now and still no sign of the rest of the pictures, any one any ideas if they are on their way??

The first ten have been sent out to schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The first two are available on www.examinations.ie and it says that they're available under exam information but they don't seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NoelleTh

Yeah I have the first two, hopefully the first ten will be in school for me tomorrow.

NoelleTh wrote: »
    Yeah I have the first two, hopefully the first ten will be in school for me tomorrow.

Got the first ten last week so they are on the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

Hi,
    I know I'm dragging up an old thread, but does anyone know where I can get the Sraith Pictiúr for 2015.

Go raibh maith agaibh!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 neverfinished

They usually give out the first 10 in October/November and the others follow at some stage afterwards. Wish they would start repeating some now at this stage.

Thanks for that. It would be great if they went back to the first 20. What are the chances of that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

The original plan was to have 20 new ones for 3 years, and then to use the store of 60 randomly each year after that. I don't know if that has since changed.

It should speed up getting the 20 to us if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 An tUidhrineach

Check out examination.ie and you'll get this year's SP for 2015. They're a mix taken out of the 60 already done.:)

• Advertisement

Brilliant. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 An tUidhrineach

Chuir mé teachtaireacht suas inné ach ní fheadar an bhfaca sibh é. Tá sraith pictiúr de chuid 2015 ar www.examinations.ie anois agus is meascán iad ó na trí bliana atá déanta againn cheana féin.

Advertisement