Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW MESHUGGAH! ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

A slow burner. Groovy... Looking forward to hearing the album. ObZen was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Another new track. Have the album preordered (comes with a live dvd+making of. Their stuff is always hilarious on their vids [Alive and the one that came with Rare Trax....I think...]).

http://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastrecords/meshuggah-do-not-look-down/s-hlFcg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭weisses

Time to dust off the oal ESP 7 string :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Can't wait for this.

Really enjoying the Alive dvd at the minute - we should get on to the lovely folks at Dublin Metal Events to see can they entice Tomas and the lads over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

weisses wrote: »
    Time to dust off the oal ESP 7 string :D:D
    Get with the times, they play 8 strings these days ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭weisses

Malice wrote: »
    Get with the times, they play 8 strings these days ;).

I know ...... bit off tuning does miracles :D

F#BEADGBE ....forget the last E :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 fracturedphase

Hope mr thordendal has insane solo parts always got my heart !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Can't wait for this release. Leaked tracks are sounding killer to these ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Only heard the first leaked track there a while back and it put an immediate grin on my face! Love this new Meshuggah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Listened to the 14 minute sample of the album and I am happy to say I think I'm going to ****ing love this cd. Best metal band ever.

• Advertisement

Listened to the 14 minute sample of the album and I am happy to say I think I'm going to ****ing love this cd. Best metal band ever.

Linky?

I'm not sure how long they have been listed but there are British tour dates up here.

The Birmingham and London dates are looking quite attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Listening to the Koloss now,tis good,tis very good.

I've got flights, tickets and accommodation booked for Wolverhampton on April 13th. Screw Rammstein, this is a band I've been waiting years to see :).

Try not to wreck the forum while I'm gone ;).

House paaartty!! :cool:

Gonna hang on for a Dublin date. Can't fathom why this band have never performed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

They supported Machine Head in the SFX in 95 but haven't been back since, lazy bums.

Listening to the Koloss now,tis good,tis very good.

Yes, I also "got" it there the other day. Have yet to listen to it as I've got the special edition (ie with 'making of' dvd) on the way to me.
    I've got flights, tickets and accommodation booked for Wolverhampton on April 13th. Screw Rammstein, this is a band I've been waiting years to see :).

Awwwww. So jealous! I got to see them a few years back in Glasgow. I broke the first rule of metal gigs and wore a Chaosphere tee to the gig and joygasmed with pure fanboyism. Been drinking the whole day and I remember absolutely no crowd interaction (on their part). And as they left I went....."Hang on! They didn't play Bleed!" and some fella goes....."They did!". Face. Red. Me.

chin_grin wrote: »
    I broke the first rule of metal gigs and wore a Chaosphere tee to the gig
    Er, what's wrong with wearing a Chaosphere shirt? And how did it become the first rule of metal gigs?

Er, what's wrong with wearing a Chaosphere shirt? And how did it become the first rule of metal gigs?

Is it not some unwritten rule, that you don't wear a shirt of the band you're attending or is that something I've just made up to not look like socially awkward penguin? Maybe the latter.

You'll fuggin' love them live though! The only memories I have of the gig are gyrating (I do that) like an eejit to every song (playing 'air polyrhythms'. Yeah, that exists....now). I remember looking around me and I had at least two foot radius of people not f**king with me or coming near me. Was hilarious. Not that I was acting the eejit. Just that I was so in to them that people were like "Whoa! Better back off this guy!"...or that's what I like to believe. But they did keep their distance, even though I was right up the front in the Garage in Glasgow.

I'll continue to seethe with pure jealousy now.....and Guinness. <hic>

chin_grin wrote: »
    Is it not some unwritten rule, that you don't wear a shirt of the band you're attending or is that something I've just made up to not look like socially awkward penguin? Maybe the latter.
    I don't know about the penguin part but I've never heard of that rule about not wearing band t-shirts.
    chin_grin wrote:
    You'll fuggin' love them live though!
    I saw them at Download 2005. Unfortunately I wasn't that into them at the time so I can't remember the setlist. I do remember their sound confusing the hell out of alcohol-addled brain though. I repeatedly tried and failed to keep time with what they were playing :o.

• Advertisement

I don't know about the penguin part but I've never heard of that rule about not wearing band t-shirts.

Pretty much this. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/socially-awkward-penguin

And the kicker is that I can relate to most of them!

Hmm, must be some rule that I've made up. Or heard from some "hardcore metaller" mate of mine. Needless to say I don't talk to him much\at all. Some people take it WAAAAY too seriously or just end up being douches (suppose myself included). But that's another story!
    I saw them at Download 2005. Unfortunately I wasn't that into them at the time so I can't remember the setlist. I do remember their sound confusing the hell out of alcohol-addled brain though. I repeatedly tried and failed to keep time with what they were playing :o.

Yeah, they have that effect. Being a drummer (well....I used to) I just focus on Tomas Haake beating the **** out of his kit. So I just mosh to that.

Their older stuff is more thrashy, but you could hear where they were going. The likes of Contradictions Collapse all the way to Destroy, Erase, Improve. I picked up 'I' on a whim and was instantly hooked.

Be sure to take plenty of pics/vid and report back!

The entire new album Koloss is streaming here.

Meshuggah.jpg

Interesting artwork too.

:)

Passenger wrote: »
    Meshuggah.jpg

Interesting artwork too.

:)

I really like their cover art from I to Catch 33. Nothing was a bit....'lazy' and obZen was just a masterpiece (love that t shirt.....).

Gave it a quick listen to last night, the second track blew me away. Did they use a drum machine for any of this? If not Haake just became god-like in my eyes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

They supported Machine Head in the SFX in 95 but haven't been back since, lazy bums.

I was there but seem to remember they cancelled last minute due to claimed illness.

In which case would mean no Irish appearances at all?

How dare /r/progmetal!

NWIcJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭witty username

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I was there but seem to remember they cancelled last minute due to claimed illness.

In which case would mean no Irish appearances at all?

Nah man, they defintely played, that was the first time I heard them and I went out and got Destroy Erase Improve a few weeks later.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Nah man, they defintely played, that was the first time I heard them and I went out and got Destroy Erase Improve a few weeks later.

Duly noted. Need my memory checked apparently.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    Duly noted. Need my memory checked apparently.
    I hope you didn't leave the gig early or anything!

Advertisement