Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat with super

• 17-03-2012 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

I had a chat with the super intendent this morning. He just wanted to speak to me before granting the licences for my .243 and .17hmr.
    He was grand about the hmr, but wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about with regard to the .243, and that I knew the difference between a safe and unsafe shot. I have to say he was dead sound to talk to, and shook my hand and wished we the best of luck with my new guns before I left the station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That's the sort of interaction I'd love to hear more accounts of. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

sounds like a nice man. congratulations on the licences.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

If there were only more supers like that we would all be better off. congrats on the new gums

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Great news, and the Super sounds like one of the good ones. Level headed, judges the application on it's merits, and fair.

Well done.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Well it's after gettig me all excited about getting them. I can't wait to take them up to the range and see what they're capable of, especially the .243 after seeing what other lads did with theirs at 600 yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

That's great to hear - congratulations!

There's one member of AGS on your Christmas card list!

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

great news. i hope you get it soon. god help the foxes this year;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

That's sound of him infairness actually interacting and talking to people to make his decision. Rather than just rejecting it like most.

Best of luck with the new rifles

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    great news. i hope you get it soon. god help the foxes this year;)

They're gonna have to start standing back a lot further away if they want to stay safe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

If Carlsberg did superintendant interviews :D:D Seriously though. This is the way all licencing interviews should go. Based on carahcter and merit and form.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Sounds like your super is a rare breed Declan, it would make the whole process easier when they are that approachable.

We've got a super in enniscorthy. The previous guy, Supt. Finn was excellent IMO, does anyone know what the new guy, Supt. Carolan is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

Hate to be the kill-joy

but

don't count your chickens before you get word

clivej wrote: »
    Hate to be the kill-joy

but

don't count your chickens before you get word

Well when the super wishes you luck with your new guns, you can take it as a pretty good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

declan1980 wrote: »
    Well when the super wishes you luck with your new guns, you can take it as a pretty good sign

I really hope so and wish you all the best. Its the waiting that a killer.

Advertisement