Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS Desktop 8300, i7-2600 3.40GHz, 12GB ram, 1.5TB HDD, W7

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Just unboxed mine, thanks OP :D

Anyone have issues with the top side usb ports not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Any similar deals, looking for a machine with much the same spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Mine arrived today. Cant believe how quite it is compared to my last dell. You would hardly know it was on..
    I'm really happy with it. It was some bargain.
    Thanks again OP

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaegermeister

Mine's just arrived now. Gonna set it up and I'll post later once I've had a look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaegermeister

Well so far I am very impressed with it. Thanks again OP for letting us know about it. :)

The 530 can handle games like WoW pretty well. I have increased quality and draw distance and the game still plays pretty smooth.:D

The only regret is that I didn't get a wireless card with it but I can get a USB one anyway I suppose.

I'll work on removing the bloatware over the weekend. Is the PCdecrapifier that someone posted earlier on the best tool for this or has anyone any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lawrenceb32

Folks

I came across this forum the other day, while looking for users who had recently purchased a Dell XPS 8300.

I ordered one on Christmas Eve, using a 15% discount voucher and free delivery, and it's due to be delivered on Monday.

The spec are as follows :-

Intel Core i7-2600 Processor(3.40GHz,8MB)
    Windows 7 Ultimate + backup disc
    12GB Memory
    2TB Dual Hard Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" (2x1TB - 7200RPM)
    24in ST2420L UK/Irish Full HD WLED Widescreen Monitor
    2GB AMD Radeon HD 6950
    SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Card
    6X Blu-Ray ROM combo & 16X DVD+/-RW Drives
    Logitech Z506 Speakers
    3 Years Next Day In-Home Service with Premium Phone Support

When I did a recheck on the Dell site recently, the same spec model came out over £1000 more expensive!!

I've had Dell PC's before, so hoping this will be just as good as my XPS 420 has been over the last 4/5 years.

Regards

Lawrence

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

anyone else's machine giving off a very high pitched noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    anyone else's machine giving off a very high pitched noise?
    No, mine is nice and quiet. Only noise I can really make out is whenever the 2nd drive spins up after being inactive for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Any current discount codes or similar offers?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

jspuds wrote: »
    Any current discount codes or similar offers?

If you're interested in a computer, pop over to Building&Upgrading. Fill out the questions in my sig. You can easily get a better quality computer for less than what Dell charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Simona1986 wrote: »
    No, mine is nice and quiet. Only noise I can really make out is whenever the 2nd drive spins up after being inactive for a while.
    +1

Mine must be the quietest desktop I've ever owned, a big change from my last one, which could sometimes sound like it was going to take off when under load!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

I know I do have very sensitive ears to frequencies such as the one I heard but I did read reports on the internet of similar problems. Having had dell issue me with a new graphics card and the problem not resolved I was about to just put it down to being a fundamental sound, albeit extremely irritating sound, which the PC must naturally make. However I couldn't stand the prospect of facing that sound for years so I continued looking for a solution. I found it in the BIOS of the PC. Under CPU settings ,there is one called C6 control or something like that. Once I disabled it I found the sound had disappeared! So if anybody else experiences such a high pitched frequency,i would definitely reccomend starting there!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, a ten year old system might not be the best for gamers.

post reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

FWIW mine is still going strong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Mine too, have upgraded the gfx card, plays age of empires 4 no bother on medium settings.

Probably my best bargain alert ever for the amount of use it's got!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sugarman20

There was a spam post just before @magicbastarders post, it was the one which resurrected the 10 year old thread.

Advertisement