Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Ted Hanky done anything since he joined the pdc?

• 02-04-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I havnt noticed his name in the later rounds of any of the pdc players championships? has he found the switch tough going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

he's in joint 53rd on the 2012 ProTour order of merit alongside Lewis, Painter and Burnett. Taylor is number 1 surprisingly

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

In short, no. He has found it very tough going but did have his best run so far in the last weekend of players championship tournaments so maybe he is beginning to get a feel for the PDC.

Personally I don't think he will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭sc86

its the tv events that will define his switch
    1 or 2 good runs and all will be sweet
    id love to know if hes surprised at the standard of the pro tour events

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭mackeire

this is hankey we're talking about. come the end of the year, he'll be the name on everyones lips!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

sc86 wrote: »
    its the tv events that will define his switch
    1 or 2 good runs and all will be sweet
    id love to know if hes surprised at the standard of the pro tour events
    mackeire wrote: »
    this is hankey we're talking about. come the end of the year, he'll be the name on everyones lips!

Sorry lads but he actually has to qualify for the TV events first and so far he is not looking good. he will qualify for the UK open but he looks like starting out in the earlier rounds. As for the other ones, he is no where near qualifying so far.

Things could change of course but I doubt it. He just isn't good enough on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

he will be in the GSOD later on in the year.

Another weekend of Floor Darts and Hankey earned just £100 in total out of the two events. This leaves him joint 63rd on the Pro Tour order of merit meaning he is nowhere near qualifying for any of the majors bar the UK open. He currently sits joint 45th on the UK open order of merit.

He really is struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭sc86

i wonder whats his excuses are

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

The cream always rises to the top and so will Hankey when he's fully settled in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Anyone know how Dean Winstanly is getting on?
    I reckon he'd do well if he sorts out his counting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

He is doing alright. Check out the order of merits on the pdc.tv site.

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Anyone know how Dean Winstanly is getting on?
    I reckon he'd do well if he sorts out his counting

Currently joint 17th on the Pro Tour Order of Merit and 10th on the UK Open Order of Merit so he is doing very well.

Puts Hankey's performances so far into perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Currently joint 17th on the Pro Tour Order of Merit and 10th on the UK Open Order of Merit so he is doing very well.

Puts Hankey's performances so far into perspective.

Should be seeing him on TV soon so..

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Pro tour is no way to judge Hankey yet, only a few events so far and everyone knows the standard at those - we've all seen what he's done against PDC players in the GSOD, so give him time and he'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Has Ted Hanky done anything since he joined the pdc?

I'd say he's gotten a bit 'sweatier'.

The man just exudes sex appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is Hankey fully pro?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'd love to see Hankey on some TV events and there's no doubt that SKY would like to seize upon Hankey's noteriety and try to make him into a villian in the Peter Manley mode. I only worry as to whether Hankey will get disgruntled if he continues to struggle and go crying back to the BDO but then his pride may not let him go back, not with the way that he left. I predict we'll see him in something besides the GSOD by the years end, even in the PDC or SKY have to pull some strings to make it happen.

Hankey beaten in the preliminary round of the UK Open qualifier today. That means no money at all won today for Ted. He is making no impact at all in the PDC so far.

Hankey beaten in the preliminary round of the UK Open qualifier today. That means no money at all won today for Ted. He is making no impact at all in the PDC so far.[/QUOTE

Pretty bad form for the Hankey. He really has not adjusted well thus far. I wonder are there many players who jumped from the BDO and struggled at first but came good or is the trend for them to languish and then languish more before going crying back to the BDO?

Ted lost in the first round today again winning no money and bringing his weekend total to a whopping £0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Ted lost in the first round today again winning no money and bringing his weekend total to a whopping £0.

say he'll go running back to the BDO with his tungsten between his legs after this year

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tumbler

Double Top wrote: »
    say he'll go running back to the BDO with his tungsten between his legs after this year
    Dont think he'll be missed to much Shane he's a hard player to like he just has something about him that would p..s you off when watching him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

tumbler wrote: »
    Dont think he'll be missed to much Shane he's a hard player to like he just has something about him that would p..s you off when watching him

the uk open will be the decider of what happens to him, he qualified for it (dont ask me how) if he can show form on a televised major it might give him a bit of a boost on the floor, if he comes unstuck in it that thats it i dont see him qualifying for anything else.

I personally like hankey he is a good laugh in exbo's and like sky always say the game needs characters but I just wish he would zip the lip and prove why he is a two time champ and not just a gimmick for sky to use

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tumbler

Double Top wrote: »
    the uk open will be the decider of what happens to him, he qualified for it (dont ask me how) if he can show form on a televised major it might give him a bit of a boost on the floor, if he comes unstuck in it that thats it i dont see him qualifying for anything else.

I personally like hankey he is a good laugh in exbo's and like sky always say the game needs characters but I just wish he would zip the lip and prove why he is a two time champ and not just a gimmick for sky to use
    maybe so just dont think he will make it in the PDC and wonder what sort of welcome he will get whenor if he goes back to BDO didnt leave them on friendly terms can see Wolfie giving him a big hug but darts do need characters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I'd like to see him doing well in the PDC as most of the big players are a bit nice. I just don't think he'll win anything there as he doesn't deal with the "boo boys" very well.
    It's one thing to have a few cat calls while playing at the lakside but when the PDC crowds turn against someone they don't hold back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

He won 600 quid yesterday before being beaten by Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dermotefc

Ted Hankey will play a Preliminary Round on the opening night of the UK Open so will see him on TV June 7th.

Draw for the preliminary first round and second round before the top 32 enter

http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/0,,10180~2767710,00.html

I wonder if SKY will make a big deal out of his participation? They'd like to I'm sure, but there's a large chance that he mightn't make it past that game so they might look more than a bit silly if they give him the star treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dermotefc

briany wrote: »
    I wonder if SKY will make a big deal out of his participation? They'd like to I'm sure, but there's a large chance that he mightn't make it past that game so they might look more than a bit silly if they give him the star treatment.

I think they will. They have made a bit of a fuss about his arrival. There was even talk of him being in the PL even when he was still contracted to the BDO which was just odd. He loves the crowd hating him so i think he will do better in TV tournaments than the floor TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Dermotefc wrote: »
    Ted Hankey will play a Preliminary Round on the opening night of the UK Open so will see him on TV June 7th.

Draw for the preliminary first round and second round before the top 32 enter

http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/0,,10180~2767710,00.html

i dont see Kim Huybrechts on that list. i thought he qualified?

Advertisement