Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

get Cut The Rope, say hello to the longest bathroom breaks of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PvZ iPhone and PvZ HD for iPad are both now half price!

mzl.hsrcujjn.480x480-75.jpg

PvZ HD €2.39
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/plants-vs.-zombies-hd/id363282253?mt=8

iPhone,iTouch €0.79
    http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/plants-vs.-zombies/id350642635?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

Filmic pro the best video camera app on iPhone is free for today only. Really worth the download especially when it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jamesjoyce

I really recommend poker pals too by chillingo. Great words with friends type multiplayer online game. Well its free for today aswell guys. Worth the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else finding Tunein radio no longer seems to work?

Does anyone recommend another?Wunder Radio also seems to be having problems connecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Anyone else finding Tunein radio no longer seems to work?

Does anyone recommend another?Wunder Radio also seems to be having problems connecting.

Also working for me on wifi and 3g on O2 network, what station/s did you try?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

anytime i'm getting something from the app store, once the DL starts, i get a notification sayng the T&C's have changed and i have to accept them, but the page wont load. Anyone else having this problem?

nava wrote: »
    Also working for me on wifi and 3g on O2 network, what station/s did you try?

Thank you both for the replies.

I have tried all stations! I keep getting "Data format error" on tunein no matter how many times I try and I've deleted and reinstalled twice. Wunder Radio just seems to remain stuck on "Loading" and wont actually play any radio. This is a bit of a disaster for me as I love my radio apps.:/ Any suffestions of what might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

I'm using wifi as its an ipod touch that I'm using. Safari, youtube and everything else is working fine. :/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I'm using wifi as its an ipod touch that I'm using. Safari, youtube and everything else is working fine. :/

Can you check if it works in a friends wifi, better if not suing the ISP as you I'm saying that as it could be an issue with your ISP, can you access the website
    http://tunein.com/ in my case using UPC works ok in the Tallaght area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭decies

I find tune in radio can stop working on and off with out warning( not due to wifi) then it seems to be ok.

Thank you for the responses! I figured out what was wrong.When I tried going to tunein.com as suggested by Nava I was blocked doing so by UnblockUS.com. I had forgotten I had been using their service on a weeks free trial and had changed my DNS. When I changed my dns back to normal tunein worked again.Thanks for the suggestion Nava. :)
    Much relieved, I am lost without my radio fix everyday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is there any tweak that allows one to watch buffered movies on apps nle. 4oD rte player or tv3 Player.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

decies wrote: »
    I find tune in radio can stop working on and off with out warning( not due to wifi) then it seems to be ok.
    I've only started using TuneIn recently and find it a vast improvement over WunderRadio.

Pause/restart actually works, and streams always restart after a call.
    And I also love the podcast options. Can't believe I suffered through WR for years...

Though I've a good feeling in bones about an FM radio for the next iPhone... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭s8n

Does anybody know of an app which will play .mkv files on Ipad one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is there any tweak that allows one to watch buffered movies on apps nle. 4oD rte player or tv3 Player.

Not sure what you're asking here?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

s8n wrote: »
    Does anybody know of an app which will play .mkv files on Ipad one ?

Vlc media player when it was available, it was taken down, not sure if there is alternatives tho

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

is there a good alternative to eirtext pro - preferably free!? i've given up on eirtext - it keeps sending my messages 5/6 times a go, much to the annoyance of the receivers! So having ran out of my free texts this month am looking for an immediate replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

wez99950 wrote: »
    is there a good alternative to eirtext pro - preferably free!? i've given up on eirtext - it keeps sending my messages 5/6 times a go, much to the annoyance of the receivers! So having ran out of my free texts this month am looking for an immediate replacement
    You could try out the free version of jelly sms and see if its any better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭IHateMondays

Simply Red wrote: »
    You could try out the free version of jelly sms and see if its any better for you

thinking of buying the €3.99 app of Jelly sms. is it reliable and worth it. I'll be using it to mainly send texts to NZ, Australia and the US. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

thinking of buying the €3.99 app of Jelly sms. is it reliable and worth it. I'll be using it to mainly send texts to NZ, Australia and the US. thanks :)
    I haven't used it myself tbh, I use eirtext pro and have never had a problem with it, just mentioned jelly sms cause I know a lot of people use it and recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I've never had any problems with it, and the latest update seems great! Although, I'm with Three, so only send texts to Irish numbers, but I wouldn't imagine sending them to foreign numbers would make any difference once the carrier supports it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'd recommend it. Never had a problem once, and use it about 200 times a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is something wrong with 4oD. It's very slow for me. It's been like this for the past 2 weeks.

I'm thinking it's my ISP Vodafone censoring my Internet because of sopa but brother says I'm just paranoid.

Any idea what's going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Any apps whereby you can block certain numbers or just have them diverted straight to voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Misticles wrote: »
    Any apps whereby you can block certain numbers or just have them diverted straight to voicemail?

I was looking for one of these yesterday, the only thing i could find was either a silent ring tone, just set it to that contact, or else ring up your network and ask them to block the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,470 ✭✭✭✭guil

There's a few cydia apps to manage phone calls. Iblacklist or mcleaner are examples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

guil wrote: »
    There's a few cydia apps to manage phone calls. Iblacklist or mcleaner are examples

My phones not jailbroken :( I remember on old phone you could divert one specific number or a few and now on this day and age you can't?! Give me my mitsu trium bck now that held 9 messages ha

Advertisement