Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can one get permission go to the count centre for the big moment?

• 19-02-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Every election year people I know tell me "Man you should head up to the count, you'd love it" (I'm notoriously political amongst people I know :P )

So this year I thought maybe I'd give it a shot. How does one do this? Do you have to get a ticket, be an official canvasser, or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Every election year people I know tell me "Man you should head up to the count, you'd love it" (I'm notoriously political amongst people I know :P )

So this year I thought maybe I'd give it a shot. How does one do this? Do you have to get a ticket, be an official canvasser, or what?

Walk right up there, open the door and step inside the world of vote tallying. I went to Local and European elections count in Meath 2 years ago, you walk straight in, I'm pretty sure it's the same for GE counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Depending on the count centre, you may need an invite, in particular if you want to go along at the start of the day. Later in the day, after some counts are completed, the public might be admitted.

Invites would be available from candidates and would be offered to tally staff first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's very unlikely but it's possible you'll get stopped at the door in the morning when the counting is going on

Later on when some of the early results are known should be no problem to head in.

You can lift your candidate on your shoulder and give a cheer for the cameras :cool:
    Give us a wave OP

Advertisement