Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Bus Services Fare

• 21-12-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Is it just me or is Bus Eireann's website a disaster to navigate? Anyone able to tell me how much a bus fare is in the city centre (presume it's a flat fare?) thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

1.60 single

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭spitonmedickie

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Don't get me started! Oops, too late :rolleyes: Was in Edinburgh for the summer - now that's a bus service! LCD real time read outs at every stop in town, tellin ya how long each bus that stops there will be until it arrives and its accurate to the minute! Buses every few minutes on arterial routes into town. Lotsa night buses. Came back to Cork in Oct to find useless website, no fare info, no info on precise routes with timings for stops and at the stops themselves, most on the main road I'm on have no timetables and don't even tell ya what ****ing buses stop there! Just a pole with a bus company sign at the top. Suppose I'm not supposed to call people c**nts on here, so I won't but I'm thinking it. Infrastructure here, especially public transport is a disgrace! Rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Max001 wrote: »
    Came back to Cork in Oct to find useless website, no fare info, no info on precise routes with timings for stops and at the stops themselves, most on the main road I'm on have no timetables and don't even tell ya what ****ing buses stop there! Just a pole with a bus company sign at the top.

Absolutely, had to catch a bus last week for the first time in 15 years... and it was a bit of a shock. I mean yes... how hard can it be to make sure the route number and a detailed timetable are clearly marked at every bus stop?

Later in the city centre I needed to catch the number 2 to Mahon at about 9pm. Good luck with that... I needed to start asking people at random bus stops, who directed me further away from where I was dropped off.... up to the bus station... needed to ask a bus driver... down an side-street alley where I found the huddled masses waiting for the "no 2 after 7pm" bus. I waited there over 20 minutes, comfortably past the time when the bus should have arrived, endured along with everyone else dashed hopes as bus after bus drove by, and eventually gave up and walked back to the bus station to catch a taxi.

At that point I was ready to starting writing letters to Bus Eireann, councillors, TDs and anyone else I could think of. Then I got lazy... and maybe that's what's wrong with the country...

ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I was waiting for the No 2 heading northbound some while ago and it bloody went right past me :mad: Had to wait an extra 20 minutes in the cold.

You don't even have to look to Scotland to find an example, in Dublin with the LUAS you get a sign staying expected time arrival.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Not to rain on your parade but that's updated via GPS of the luas ... since the bus doesn't have that kind of technology... It should have in fairness though. Buses all over america have apps on your iphone that can even tell you in realtime where each bus is and the app is free!!

Here, a timetable that would be less wrong if I made up random times myself costs €2.50 on the app store!!!!

CorkMan wrote: »
    You don't even have to look to Scotland to find an example, in Dublin with the LUAS you get a sign staying expected time arrival.

Advertisement