Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

We seem to be the only ones listening to this Kess!

They were talking about this Roman guy and the changes a bit quick for me. Roman was a friend of theirs, got bit / killed, and morphed into one of the little ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

MarkR wrote: »
    We seem to be the only ones listening to this Kess!

They were talking about this Roman guy and the changes a bit quick for me. Roman was a friend of theirs, got bit / killed, and morphed into one of the little ones?

Yeah they mentioned him in the last two episodes and mention how he changed faster and not like how the others changed.

I think what they were saying is that a person changes quicker and in a different manner when bitten by a "special" than if the person was turned by a regular creature. At least that is how I took it anyway.

I think the little ones were originally children that were experimented upon (whether that happened before or after death is another story) and that their growth is accelerated somehow, and that turns them into the new uber big and uber strong creatures (which seem to be a lot bigger and stronger than regular human sized creatures but a lot smaller than the behemoths). That's my hunch on the little ones/new big ones creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Is this the first episode without michael in it?
    Alright episode, wonder will saul and vincent head to the fort first or swing by the colony?
    Surely has to be the fort first? Still wondering why they haven't gone there yet...
    Gee, I wonder where all my survivor friends have gone? Let's see, we had made a plan to go to the fort.....so I guess I will look around the city for a few weeks!

phill106 wrote: »
    Is this the first episode without michael in it?
    Alright episode, wonder will saul and vincent head to the fort first or swing by the colony?
    Surely has to be the fort first? Still wondering why they haven't gone there yet...
    Gee, I wonder where all my survivor friends have gone? Let's see, we had made a plan to go to the fort.....so I guess I will look around the city for a few weeks!

No there have been episodes in the past without Michael. The ones that spring to mind most easily are the ones after he went missing at the water works plant and popped up a few episodes later with a broken arm.

AS for whether they will go to the fort or Colony first. Well the Colony is closer, plus if memory serves right the distance between where they are in the city and the fort was hundreds of miles at the very least. So driving there would be a dangerous trek and we know (but Saul does not) that there is a huge number of the creatures in the town/city just before the base.

It has been about six months since the tower fell and the others went to the base, as Saul noted in his journel some episodes back back that it was five months since the tower fell, and they have been with CJ at least a month since then.

New episode today.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    New episode today.

My new episode day post has been robbed from me.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Its up and a 27mins episode

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Agh, I'm getting that thing again where I'm trying to download it directly to my phone but it's not visible on iTunes yet :mad:

Seems to be a major rethinking on the personality of Scatch going on. Now she is softly spoken, friendly with Lizzie and talks about very personal stuff from her past with Lizzie. She talks back to Durai, and seems to be getting packaged as a woman who is damaged and who really is a decent sort. Massive departure on how she has been all along. I wonder if we are going to see some kind of "Scratch leaves the Mallers and joins Saul's group" storyline coming up.

Thought it was out of character for Durai to take a degree of backchat from Scratch, especially in front of Bricks and Lizzie. . Up to now he has pretty much been the character that all the Mallers cowed down from.

Very surprised that an experienced army man who served on the frontline overseas did not know what a sat phone was.

Not a great episode but still better than pretty much any of the army base episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah I'm with ya Kess.

Question: The old man not getting much food - is that Burt? Not sure who else it would be.

Sat phone, aka another reason to go back to the Colony... hello Plot Convenience Theater. Oh well - at least the story is moving along again.

• Advertisement

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah I'm with ya Kess.

Question: The old man not getting much food - is that Burt? Not sure who else it would be.

Sat phone, aka another reason to go back to the Colony... hello Plot Convenience Theater. Oh well - at least the story is moving along again.

Yeah that is Burt. They mentioned him in his cell in the episode where they killed Angel off, and he spoke near the end of that episode confirming it was him.

The sat phone idea had me chuckling. They are smack in the middle of a huge city that no doubt has many places where a sat phone may be found if the stopped to thing about it, but no, running off to a fortified base that has armed defenders, ones that they have been pretty much fighting a war with since they first crossed paths, makes much more sense :D

So Libby is getting bigger, scratch was raped and cut the balls off someone. She and Durai are in the mob. Angel was too. Burt's going to get hungry. And the lads can't spot a sat phone if it lands in their lap. No radio shack nearby? :D

No zombies. No fort irwin. No Burt. :(

On the plus side, no datu!

Today is the day that sees a new episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Been gone since the end of season 2 and I missed so much. I haven't read through the other posts to see thoughts but I was stunned when Angel kicked the bucket. I loved the Kalani journal flashbacks, thought a lot of questions were answered like the mole/skittles/pippin. I think there is something more to this army camp like there is a big secret like the village Boulder isn't a place they send people it's a place they hunt them or stuff like that. It's great to be back in it now! My condensed thoughts about Season3 thus far roll on today ep!

And it is now up on itunes. :)

Downloading now, i see you were taking no chances with your episode day notification :)

Just got to listen to it.

Go Bricks. Thought he was showing a little more thought and personality lately...

Otherwise.... blah. Setup for the mission to break into the colony. Still no Michael or zombies.

Yeah a pretty meh episode, but still better for the lack of Michael and co.

I wonder are we now heading towards the end of Burt. His gun, Shirley, is now destroyed and his trigger finger has been cut off. Have a feeling we might see some kind of scenario where Burt gives his life in order for Saul, Lizzie etc to escape the Colony.

The torture of Burt and the escalation to cutting off his trigger finger and destroying the gun felt very rushed. A bit like how the killing off of Angel felt shoehorned in.

And wasn't very handy that CJ just happened to have a heavily armoured SWAT vehicle complete with all it's weapon racks full. :D Yet when she had to go and pick up Saul, Vic, Pete and the old guy from an area that had creatures in attack mode, she chose not to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Michael will next appear with a mysterious keyboard and mouse and there will be a great confusion among the other soldiers as to how he got it without filling out the correct Form 334b. Just what did happen in those missing hours in the stores room???

• Advertisement

New episode today, and looks like maybe a live episode next week?

phill106 wrote: »
    New episode today, and looks like maybe a live episode next week?

Actually forgot that there was a new episode today :eek:

Am downloading it from itunes as I type. :)

3 week gap until the next downloadable episode :(

Hold the phone, this episode has female nudity!
    Where the hell are they going with that? Not much happened, staking out the colony, sticking up some cameras, some homophobic soccer jokes etc...

Finally

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

has returned to Boards.

If you smeeeeeeeeeeeeeel.........

....what the Kess......

...is...

..cooking

And it is available on itunes now.

Finally have a chance to download..... working on it now. :D

Damn I miss when the show used to be good on a consistent basis, and when episodes like the new one used to be the filler episodes in a season rather than having a season made up mostly of episodes of filler level or worse.

Yeah this felt like another 'transition' episode. Not much going on - only the hope that it is setting something interesting up in the next episode.

• Advertisement

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah this felt like another 'transition' episode. Not much going on - only the hope that it is setting something interesting up in the next episode.

The problem being that the majority of episodes this season could be described the same way :(

Advertisement