Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlelog Platoon for 360 players

• 01-11-2011 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CasualLiKE

Hey guys, I didn't see a 360 platoon on battlelog so I went and made one for anybody interested in joining. I hope to see a few joining to build the community and get a few games going now and again :)

Boards.ie Platoon page

My Gt is: Si1entDark

2832655391365638614.jpeg?v=1320155877.74

See you on the battlefield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Great Idea, Just Applied, I'd love to get into a few games with some boardsies!

GT: DeanMc

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Fair play CasualLike have applied also.

GT: DamoConnolly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Having trouble getting set up on Battlelog? I just keep being told that I need to play the game when I try to log in with my username and password........I'm playing the game!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

I Have applied . Can any of you guys fly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

RAIN wrote: »
    Having trouble getting set up on Battlelog? I just keep being told that I need to play the game when I try to log in with my username and password........I'm playing the game!!!!

ye same as that, havnt been able to log on for last 2 days, it worked for the Beta so im guessing its just too much traffic/demand etc and will work itself out over next few days...hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Ive applied now too. Would love to play on a proper squad as going lone wolf is bloody hard in this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I've applied too./ I'm more of a casual gamer, but I'm sick of being thrown into lone wolf platoons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

A few of us that post in the xbox console forum have a Battlelog platoon set up and we also have our own clan site up and running.

All of you's are more than welcome to join up and have a few games with us. We have nearly 40 guys from Boards.ie signed up on our platoon and nearly 60 members on our clan site.

Also its not uncommon to see a server on BF3 nearly full of Irish players from our platoon which makes for some epic games.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391328955718/

@Royal Irish,

Thats what it was like last night... 80% IRL players mental stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

theres only one thing I think would be helpful and thats if we could have party chat of 12 people - its annoying when we have 12 IRL on one side and we have to sit in different partys

I also hate playing on the other team when I dont have my X11's turned up full blast - oh my poor tags :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good idea, just applied myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

bubbleking wrote: »
    theres only one thing I think would be helpful and thats if we could have party chat of 12 people - its annoying when we have 12 IRL on one side and we have to sit in different partys

That is a feature in BF3 squad menu, when using in game chat you can listen to the full team of 12 players. Go into your squad menu and change the VOIP to Team, it defaults to squad. The audio is very near the quality of xbox party chat.

We usually start in a party of 8 and then when we notice there are more than 8 IRL members on our team we leave chat and use the in game system. although some people leave chat and forget to change their audio to "Team". It still early days, once everyone knows where the option is and we start doing it more frequently it will run smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    Great Idea, Just Applied, I'd love to get into a few games with some boardsies!

GT: DeanMc

Just activated your request.

For others applying please remember you need to game with us a bit first. Drop into a few games and chat with us, then we will activate your account @ irlclan.net

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mikemanley

Got the game yesterday wipes the floor with black ops add me
    GT: Mikemanley17

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

n00b quesions:
    are platoons = clans in bf3?
    So what would the difference between the platoons set up by CasualLiKE and Royal Irish? membership criteria etc

I'm a casual online gamer but would like to play with proper squads from time to time without necessarily having to get into the whole Clan scene.

Yeah I'd say clans and platoons set up on battlelog are pretty much the same thing.

Membership criteria is pretty simple for the IRL clan. You need to be abit of craic and have a mic. Thats about all we require. Most members of the IRL clan are casual gamers, including me.

Personally I think playing in a platoon and clan with guys who you can communicate with in-game is very important to reach the full potential of a game like BF3. Perfect example would be me and one of the lads were talking about guided missiles and the SOFLAM on our forum. When I have my guided missiles unlocked he will be using the recon class to mark targets for me. You just can't do stuff like that with randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm new to battlefield, so how does this work exactly? How do I sign up and what do I do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Just applied to join the boards.ie clan. total noob to BE - but willing to learn. Gamertag is BountyLego

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Just applied to join the boards.ie clan. total noob to BE - but willing to learn. Gamertag is BountyLego

Yeah I just seen your join request on the IRL platoon page this morning.

Best thing way to join us is follow the link in my sig and click members and add a few gamertags and then join session in progress.

We have so many members that you will have someone to squad up with 24hrs a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I just fired off an Application. Finding it hard to motivate myself to play this due to being a lonewolf whenever I do.

Dar IE is my GT, just so you know. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just sent a request for boards.ie one.

Must add a few GT's from this.

I'm new to Battlefield and only a casual gamer but have a mic and it would be great to have a bit of craic while playing it and not go it alone all the time.

Just played my first few online games. Was shocking at the beginning but once I got into it it was great. Need to unlock some guns and get some upgrades seriously fast though ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

anyone having a game tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Alright lads, it might be a good idea to add each others GT's so you can see who's online when you log in to play. I'm not sure how to see who's playing from the platoon when you log in without them being a friend :confused: Anyway, my GT's fingbummer add me and hit me up if you ever see me there when you're on the battlefield! I'm getting sick of being in squads of lone wolves! I mic up if people in the squad are willing, otherwise I'll stick to you anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Just applied for boards.ie clan and added a few people off this thread, have a mic somewhere but not a big fan of it mostly just use the ingame markers.

GT: iColdFusion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

applied there as well to boards platoon. mic bust though.
    GT: Gribr

Just activated your request.

For others applying please remember you need to game with us a bit first. Drop into a few games and chat with us, then we will activate your account @ irlclan.net

Failsafe, this is me, deanvmc... I am already activated =D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

id like to apply also. play a decent bit at the moment

GT: unforsee events

really would like to get a squad to play with rather than crap. generally finish as either mvp1-3 at the moment in games once i get going. main class engineer, but trying to work my support up at the moment.
    around level 20

can i ask a question also how the hell do i get battlelog to work :S
    i cant find the signup anywhere its annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was on it there a while ago. May be a stupid question but whats the story with chatting during the game, do you have to invite people to your party to chat or what cause there was no one talking at all in any of the games I played. It was showing that I was saying stuff alright but no one else. I spotted a name from this that I recognised during the game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

if you are on the group thingy here, then i think most of them are in private chat... so its not just squad chat.
    youd need an invite to be able to chat. the entire reason for the private chat is everyone from the game can be in it, not just the people in your squad, so theres a good bit of bantr. so i believe. iv still to get into these also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Had a good run of games last night, we got ace squad a nice few times :cool:

Finally got my Air Warfare ribbon too, just call me Havoc :pac:
    Only M-Com Defender left :(

Advertisement