Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

T20 Qualifiers in UAE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

11 required from 72balls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

brian_rbk wrote: »
    72-1 after 7.2

Wow thats great batting, shame they don't show on tv, thanks brian

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

ireland win by 9 wickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Well done, Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Great result, delighted for all involved. Thanks Brian and ruggie bear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well done to the team, played some good stuff by all accounts in this qualifying series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Wow emphatic :eek:

Can they get themselves up for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Well done Ireland.....will be great to see them at the world cup in Sri Lanka:)

Should be a good final this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

booth70 wrote: »
    Well done Ireland.....will be great to see them at the world cup in Sri Lanka:)

Should be a good final this evening

Should be good. Is it at 2pm Irish time?

brian_rbk wrote: »
    Should be good. Is it at 2pm Irish time?

Yep.....coverage starts on Setanta Ireland from 1:50 pm:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Quality stuff from the bowlers to restrict Namibia to such a low score. Great tournament from Ireland to win every game after losing their first one. Hopefully they can see out the final now

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Great result!!

Niall who?

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

This sadiq character can play the shots :/ need to get him out asap

Edit: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ireland need 153.

just lost poterfield 1st ball

Redic good stuff from Stirling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on!

Do Ireland get a title here?

Setanta say so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

A good victory.
    Very well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WOOHOO!!! :D

That was some brutal hitting by Stirling...awesome:)

Ireland grouped with Australia and West Indies at the World cup and Afghanistan with India and England

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭B1gft

Stirlings batting comes second only to Kevin O Briens,against England, for class and importance.
    Great win. Today was well worth getting up at 5.10am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Bloody Setanta cut off the last 4 runs of the Irish innings this afternoon when I recorded it... :mad: Missed the end of the game.

Great day of cricket for Ireland; the win this morning was more important in terms of getting to the tournament proper, but the performance this afternoon was excellent, considering how Afghanistan batted for most of their innings and how we went about chasing what wasnt a small target. Stirling was magnificent and has been for much of this tournament. Credit to Gary Wilson also who played some very important innings in this tournament.

I have to say I have been really impressed with Rankin these past couple of weeks. Hes improved a lot lately (the past couple of seasons at Warwickshire, especially last season, look to be doing him good) and he is now a genuinely dangerous opening bowler. His first couple of overs this afternoon in response to getting hit for 6 from the first ball were top class fast bowling!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

djimi wrote: »
    Bloody Setanta cut off the last 4 runs of the Irish innings this afternoon when I recorded it... :mad: Missed the end of the game.

It's ok, we won! :D
    djimi wrote: »
    Great day of cricket for Ireland; the win this morning was more important in terms of getting to the tournament proper, but the performance this afternoon was excellent, considering how Afghanistan batted for most of their innings and how we went about chasing what wasnt a small target. Stirling was magnificent and has been for much of this tournament. Credit to Gary Wilson also who played some very important innings in this tournament.

I have to say I have been really impressed with Rankin these past couple of weeks. Hes improved a lot lately (the past couple of seasons at Warwickshire, especially last season, look to be doing him good) and he is now a genuinely dangerous opening bowler. His first couple of overs this afternoon in response to getting hit for 6 from the first ball were top class fast bowling!

Couldn't agree more - the wicket off the bat & then helmet was brilliant.

I was impressed with the bowlers not panicking - it would have been easy to do, considering how Afghanistan were motoring in the first few overs, but Ireland stuck to their plan and knew they could bring it back.

Top stuff, and now we're ranked 8th in the world in T20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I think it shows just how far the Irish team have come in a very short space of time by how much they are featuring on news bulletins on the radio and TV in Ireland, not sure too many of the presenters know what they are reading out, but still. Full credit to the players, and in future, the team don't deserve the uncertainty the ICC has inflicted on them in recent months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They'd really have to fancy their chances now against the West Indies in September

TrueDub wrote: »

Top stuff, and now we're ranked 8th in the world in T20!

Just copped that myself. Great achievement

http://www.cricketworld4u.com/team-ranking.php

Ahead of the Windies too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Well done to Ireland, performing really well after their opening game blip.

Hopefully they can get another scalp in the T20.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

What happened the RTE2 highlights, just sitting down to watch them after Sky+ing it and all I'm seeing is Father Ted :confused:

Congrats to the lads, fantastic victory today and over the last week. Stirling and Rankin the star men but great performances from all the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

A great performance by the team, after a rusty 1st match. Rankin, Stirling were our best players. Porterfield was exceptional as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

Anyone else think stirlo was robbed off the man of the series award?
    Granted he had a fairly ordinary group phase but he ended up with more runs at a better strike rate, and more wickets at a better economy than Van Schoor.

he also scored runs when it counted in the big games at the end.
    in Namibias two playoff games Van Schoor made 0 and 1.

Looking forward to him tearing the aussies apart up at stormont!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

SSK wrote: »
    What happened the RTE2 highlights, just sitting down to watch them after Sky+ing it and all I'm seeing is Father Ted :confused:

Same happened to me!!! Anyone know why they were not shown? A row with Setanta?

Advertisement