Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Carrie Diaries [The CW]

• 07-01-2012 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭

Sex and the City is coming to the next generation via the CW, which means TV is getting a new Carrie Bradshaw.
    The CW is currently underway casting for The Carrie Diaries, a series based on the prequel books to Sex and the City, which follows Carrie in her younger years.
    The new Carrie is described as a "quirky, charming, witty 16 year old," who unfortunately has "a complete lack of knowledge about love, sex and relationships." Carrie will also have a growing sense of fashion and she's dealing with the recent loss of her mother.

Elle Fanning, Chloe Moretz and Saoirse Ronan names have been mentioned on a few sites as a possible Carrie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

My initial reaction was Eww.....and it's still eew.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeWitt wrote: »
    My initial reaction was Eww.....and it's still eew.

I found Carrie quite annoying on the show sometimes and if there is no young Samantha, Charlotte or Miranda on this show (I dont think she knew them when she was younger) it will be awful imo and Gossip Girl tried with a prequel set in the 80s and it failed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2110764/Freema-Agyeman-lands-coveted-role-Sex-City-prequel.html

Former Doctor Who star Freema Agyeman has been cast in the upcoming Sex and the City prequel, The Carrie Diaries.
    She will play Larissa in the new TV show, a character described as a "hip, cutting-edge editor/party girl" who works at Interview Magazine.
    Larissa will act as something of a mentor for the young Carrie Bradshaw.

• Advertisement

I still can't get over the fact that Carrie Bradshaw has a younger sister named Dorritt? I mean, really?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I still can't get over the fact that Carrie Bradshaw has a younger sister named Dorritt? I mean, really?

I hear the mother is called Oh Cheese

• Advertisement

Watched the trailer. Um, yeah. Maybe if I was 13, but I'm not so you can count me out.

New promo vid, i see a huge flop in the making here. This Gossip Girl redux attempt will bomb hard!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/10/the-carrie-diaries-season-preview-promo.html

Just done watching this, and I kinda sorta loved it. Show, you have won me over. I mean for the 80's soundtrack only it's the best show on tv :P
    In all serious though it reminds me a lot of those 90's coming of age shows ala My So Called, a little bit Dawson and then some Everwood to boot.
    Brilliant casting in Robb, she's fantastic. So endearing, and the rest of the cast all balances out nicely too. I didn't think I'd go for the high school angle, but thankfully it doesn't seem like they're gonna focus much on that. If I have one complaint it's "Dorrit". Dorrit? Really?!! Why would you do that to your child?

Just done watching this, and I kinda sorta loved it. Show, you have won me over. I mean for the 80's soundtrack only it's the best show on tv :P
    In all serious though it reminds me a lot of those 90's coming of age shows ala My So Called, a little bit Dawson and then some Everwood to boot.
    Brilliant casting in Robb, she's fantastic. So endearing, and the rest of the cast all balances out nicely too. I didn't think I'd go for the high school angle, but thankfully it doesn't seem like they're gonna focus much on that. If I have one complaint it's "Dorrit". Dorrit? Really?!! Why would you do that to your child?

Alot of people prejudged this show, incl. me - but based on reviews and fan/forum comments alot of people liked it. The 80's soundtrack is superb, its a very sweet show with likable characters and a retro feel/look.

Now i havent seen it yet but its cued up for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

I actually enjoyed it a lot, looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

3 episodes in and i really do like it! i don't know why but im looking forward to each episode and its over so fast,

once they don't **** it up ala Gossip Girl it has the potential to bring us right up to Sex and the city episode one,

also great casting with Carrie, she really does look like you'd expect Carrie to look when younger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

hoodwinked wrote: »
    also great casting with Carrie, she really does look like you'd expect Carrie to look when younger :)

So she looks like a foal? :)

Mr E wrote: »

so she just like many beautiful women got ugly with old age! :pac:

Mr E wrote: »

:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Its really good. And looks pricey to make. Hopefully they don't do a gossip girl. Amazing season 1&2 and keep going until season 6 or whatever and it's ****.

But so far it's really good

• Advertisement

Odd show...ratings wise, its doing better then expected. Officially on the bubble but my guess I a second season of 13 episodes to air mid season to fill schedule gaps.

Its rather charming and innocent.

Odd show...ratings wise, its doing better then expected. Officially on the bubble but my guess I a second season of 13 episodes to air mid season to fill schedule gaps.

Its rather charming and innocent.

any ideas on how its going, i really like it and would be gutted to see it gone...:(

hoodwinked wrote: »
    any ideas on how its going, i really like it and would be gutted to see it gone...:(

Likely to be cancelled: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/19/cw-the-carrie-diaries-is-likely-to-be-canceled-beauty-the-beast-still-a-toss-up/173644/

Jeez i hope not,

so many shows are being cancelled its a double edged sword, people aren't watching because they wait for season 2/3 before watching so they won't be left hanging if it gets cancelled,

and with online viewers not being counted its the family guy saga all over again,

where a perfectly good show had to rely on dvd sales (or online views) to not be cancelled...after viewing figures flopped.

And considering it hasn't aired over here yet how do they know it won't fly over here?

Season finale on Monday, could possibly be its series finale also...the show creator seems confident of a midseason pickup. But i'm not sure myself....it might get axed to save Hart Of Dixie or Beauty & The Beast.

Season finale on Monday, could possibly be its series finale also...the show creator seems confident of a midseason pickup. But i'm not sure myself....it might get axed to save Hart Of Dixie or Beauty & The Beast.

i don't know the CW is losing a lot of shows lately between GG and 90210, i can't see them willingly let one thats just started showing around the world go so quick. not to mention it has the potential to grow, a large number of SATC fans here in Europe are waiting to see it.

Season and maybe series? finale tonight, no feckin word from SyFy....show deserves 4 seasons!, http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/being-human-us-episode-313-ruh-roh_6.html

This cute and rather inoffensive show might see its series finale tonight.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

This cute and rather inoffensive show might see its series finale tonight.... :(

Sorry to be picky, but I believe that's the third time you've said that. :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry to be picky, but I believe that's the third time you've said that. :D;)
    I believe Rich is getting 'Being Human' and 'The Carrie Diaries' mixed up..

.. not easily done.. one features a bloodsucker, a ghost and a werewolf and the other is 'Being Human'!

BOOM!

EDIT: Girlfriend watches this ('The Carrie Diaries') and quite enjoys it actually.

Advertisement