Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom

• 17-08-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi all just wondering if anyone on here uses ripplecom and what your speeds are like.we were with ice and ripplecom have taken them over and since they have the speeds have gone from 2.97mbps to 1.12mbps im based in east meath and im just looking for some feedback on ripple as i know they are based in limerick among other places.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

rpurfield wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering if anyone on here uses ripplecom and what your speeds are like.we were with ice and ripplecom have taken them over and since they have the speeds have gone from 2.97mbps to 1.12mbps im based in east meath and im just looking for some feedback on ripple as i know they are based in limerick among other places.
    Yep i'm in the same boat @rpurfield, the speeds have been 'okay' for the first 4-5 weeks since they took over ICE, but in the last 5-6 days the internet speeds have become very erratic.
    I usually check my internet speed with http://www.speedtest.net/
    download speeds have been ranging from 0.1mbps to 3mbps, but the latency is all over the place too ranging from 90ms right up to 500ms.
    I rang ripplecom yesterday and he took some of my download speeds etc and said he would pass them on to the engineer.......not holding my breath though.

I do wish there was a decent alternative for broadband in stamullen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭rpurfield

FOXFISH1 wrote: »
    Yep i'm in the same boat @rpurfield, the speeds have been 'okay' for the first 4-5 weeks since they took over ICE, but in the last 5-6 days the internet speeds have become very erratic.
    download speeds have been ranging from 0.1mbps to 3mbps, but the latency is all over the place too ranging from 90ms right up to 500ms.
    I rang ripplecom yesterday and he took some of my download speeds etc and said he would pass them on to the engineer.......not holding my breath though.

im stamullen myself and i think its either them net1 or eircom.i know a neighbour uses either 3 or o2 and he can only get the reception upstairs in the house

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

rpurfield wrote: »
    im stamullen myself and i think its either them net1 or eircom.i know a neighbour uses either 3 or o2 and he can only get the reception upstairs in the house
    yea i've been tempted to try eircom...but i just don't like being subjected to download limits....even though the salesguys say that eircom never actually enforce the download limits.
    I wonder if imagine will be any good if they ever hit this area.
    do you know anyone that uses net1 and what is the service like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Net1 is very good, symettrical service and low latency so ideal for gamers, dunno about caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

FOXFISH1 wrote: »

I've been having the same issue over the last few days. I'm serving off the Celbridge mast. Used to be grand. but I've only been getting 0.2mbps to 1.8mbps. Used to get a consistent 2.7-2.9mbps up until Tuesday morning.

I was on to them this morning and they said they would try and sort it out and the engineer I was speaking with said he would leave me a voicemail to update me, I am on the nightshift, alas no voicemail when I got up for work this evening.

I'm gonna call them on Friday again and do some giving out. I am not paying 38 quid for a 3 meg connection to get crap speeds.

If I don't get any satisfaction I am looking at digiweb metro, read on here that you can buy add ons to increase their cap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Net1 is very good, symettrical service and low latency so ideal for gamers, dunno about caps.

i was with net1 before their speeds are ok but their customer service is terrible and actually why i left them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Lunabu

Ripplecom's customer service is appauling and they don't appear to care if people leave them.
    Strange that in the recession, you would think they would try and hold on to customers and deal with complaints efficiently.
    I've found that they don't take kindly to downloading. If you download a large file, even if very occasionally, your speed will drop or your connection will cut out altogether. Then, if you're lucky enough to make contact with Ripplecom, they will deny this or blame god knows what on your connection problems.
    I used to like their service, but I think it's got worse in the last 12 months and their customer service and technical support have deteriorated enormously. Stay clear of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JaeMc

Same here with speeds and extremely high pings.

1108725073.png

This is not to uncommon in the evening. I tried on numerous occasions to make contact with them over the Christmas period and early Jan with no luck. I then began to tweet to them directly and nothing I rang again the other day (Monday) and eventually got someone on the phone. I have a business package with them so you would think my custom was important to them, even though a residential package customer should receive no less of a customer service. The girl one the phone was pleasant enough and apologised over and over. She "promised" me an immediate upgrade to the new 8Mb package and that this would happen in the next 24/48 hours and she would call me back later that afternoon with an explaination to the poor speeds/pings and how they were going to resolve it, but no call. I got a call from a gentleman who claimed to be the CEO (which I beleive) and he again apologised and said that is was inexcusable to get service like that from Ripplecom. He explained that new hardware was been added to a link in the next three weeks and will address the very high pings I have been receiving.
    Anyway I'm still not convinced things will be fixed but this is their last chance before I explore the option of bounce broadband in Longwood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement