Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've recently started doing an indoor workout and I'm using my Garmin Forerunner 305 along with the Heart Rate Monitor that comes with it to track my progress.

However, when I uploaded my workout to Garmin Connect, it didn't give me any total calories burned despite the heart rate calculations being fine.

I'm just wondering, is there anything I am doing wrong or does the Garmin not give off calorie burn figures when indoors? The device asked me if I was indoors before starting the workout to which I pressed yes. When I did this, I noticed the 'distance' measurement was blank for the duration of my workout which I suspect has something to do with it.

Thanks. :)

Was your foot pod paired correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Paully D wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've recently started doing an indoor workout and I'm using my Garmin Forerunner 305 along with the Heart Rate Monitor that comes with it to track my progress.
    Do you have a foot pod? A Garmin 305 cannot establish distance covered indoors on a treadmill without a foot-pod and without that extra information, the 305 will probably not try and estimate calories burnt. I did notice that my 910 (with HRM) still produces a calorie amount though, so it may be specific to the 305.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

viperlogic wrote: »
    Was your foot pod paired correctly?
    Do you have a foot pod? A Garmin 305 cannot establish distance covered indoors on a treadmill without a foot-pod and without that extra information, the 305 will probably not try and estimate calories burnt. I did notice that my 910 (with HRM) still produces a calorie amount though, so it may be specific to the 305.

Thanks lads. The foot pod was my problem - I don't have one! :pac:

I'm able to calculate accurately enough from my average heart rate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

New UI for Garmin Connect!

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    New UI for Garmin Connect!

Only seems to be the landing page that is new, dashboard and activities etc are still the same, for me anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Only seems to be the landing page that is new, dashboard and activities etc are still the same, for me anyways

Landing page and Dashboard now all also new for me too! I still prefer the look of the Strava UI, although Garmin Connect has different functionality.

Landing page and Dashboard now all also new for me too! I still prefer the look of the Strava UI, although Garmin Connect has different functionality.

Just got a pop up message that its a phased rollout, not all users have access to the new layout yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

CES Announcement: Garmin Connect Redesign

• Subscribers Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Good to have update due soon, interesting announcement re the fenix 2 also. It looks like a great update and it stands out now over the forerunners for anyone who does a bit of swimming and cycling, or hiking.

copacetic wrote: »
    Good to have update due soon, interesting announcement re the fenix 2 also. It looks like a great update and it stands out now over the forerunners for anyone who does a bit of swimming and cycling, or hiking.

Just read Ray's blog update regards the Fenix2 and kind of gutted as just bought the FR620 and now want the Fenix2

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/02/garmin-fenix2-multisport-triathlon.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭jfh

hi,
    anyone have issues uploading workouts from the watch to garmin connect?

my workouts seem to be uploaded & then deleted from watch(that's the way i have it set up) but then when i go onto the website, no sign of them.
    never had this issue before..

anyone else?

jfh wrote: »
    hi,

my workouts seem to be uploaded & then deleted from watch(that's the way i have it set up) but then when i go onto the website, no sign of them.

anyone else?
    It's not happening to me, but it sounds like it could be a Garmin Connect problem. There Should still be a copy on your local machine. If you're using Windows, check:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<device ID>\History

jfh wrote: »
    hi,

anyone else?

Can you confirm exactly how you are uploading to garmin connect eg via bluetooth to phone, or via wifi directly from the watch, or via ANT+ to your PC, or via USB to your PC?

I'm currently having no issues, tried bluetooth to phone, wifi directly, and via ANT+ to PC

Anyone switched over to Garmin Express from the Garmin ANT agent?
    You can't automatically side-load to Garmin Training Centre any more, and you no longer have the option to keep/delete the activity on the watch after transfer. Seems to work pretty seamlessly for me though (910xt).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭overpronator

Android support for bluetooth uploads via smartphone/tablet now available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

Anyone switched over to Garmin Express from the Garmin ANT agent?
    You can't automatically side-load to Garmin Training Centre any more, and you no longer have the option to keep/delete the activity on the watch after transfer. Seems to work pretty seamlessly for me though (910xt).

Training Center was dropped last year, so none of the new devices or software will automatically link with Training Centre. It's all being pushed to Garmin Connect now.

R

RunDMC wrote: »
    Training Center was dropped last year, so none of the new devices or software will automatically link with Training Centre. It's all being pushed to Garmin Connect now.
    R
    I still use it. It's my preferred method for creating/uploading Advanced Workouts and keeping an off-line backup of my workouts. Shame.

Just read Ray's blog update regards the Fenix2 and kind of gutted as just bought the FR620 and now want the Fenix2

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/02/garmin-fenix2-multisport-triathlon.html

Yeah, I got a 220 before Christmas, after 4 years waiting for a reason to update. Now I wish I had waited. Having said that the fenix2 isn't perfect either and I got the great 30% off deal from Garmin.

So if fenix2 turns out to be as good as it looks, will upgrade to it. It certainly looks to have the 620 beat for value considering all the extra features for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I downloaded the Garmin Express. Not sure what the benefits will be.
    I now have a shortcut icon on my desktop to connect to Garmin Express.
    Before I would attach my USB clip cable and upload the new activity. Not sure if the new activities now are uploaded by syncing when you go into Garmin Express. The Garmin Connect site itself looks the same. I have a 110.

Anyway question for you if you can help. On the Garmin Connect screen when I want to scroll using the arrow keys it only scrolls on the map area which isn't great to use. I have to use the scroll bar at the side to go up or down the main screen details. Is there anyway around this?

Cheers

The Garmin Connect site itself looks the same. I have a 110.
    The changes to GC are being rolled out gradually. You can find out more here.
    Anyway question for you if you can help. On the Garmin Connect screen when I want to scroll using the arrow keys it only scrolls on the map area which isn't great to use. I have to use the scroll bar at the side to go up or down the main screen details. Is there anyway around this?

Cheers
    Wheely-mouse? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

I tried out a Fenix last year, and it weighs about twice as much as the 620 I have now. Unless you do a lot of swimming/cycling the discomfort when running is not worth the extra features for me. Having said that, I used the 405 and 610 for years without problems.

R

RunDMC wrote: »
    I tried out a Fenix last year, and it weighs about twice as much as the 620 I have now. Unless you do a lot of swimming/cycling the discomfort when running is not worth the extra features for me. Having said that, I used the 405 and 610 for years without problems.

R

I think if you do any cycling or swimming it might be worth it, if you add in the hiking functionality, the remote control of virb cameras, snowsports integration and the fact that you get what , 4/5 times the battery life for the extra weight, and the extra smart features then it is the better value package and makes more sense as everyday wear. It also has ant+ which the 620 dropped I think?

Having said that it wouldn't be the one to buy if all you do is running. The fenix2 does look like the right watch for people who would like an all in one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Wheely-mouse? :)

??????
    Is that the little red dot that is on some keypads?
    Not on mine I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Has anyone else noticed that the Garmin Connect website is totting up the Moving Time incorrectly - and giving inaccurate pacing figures because of it? I had to stop in the bushes for pit stop (!) after 1 mile yesterday - even though I paused the watch, Garmin Connect is counting it as a 12 minute mile instead of 8:30.

So my watch is showing me an 8:28 average for the run, but Garmin Connect is showing me 8:48

??????
    Is that the little red dot that is on some keypads?
    Not on mine I'm afraid.
    6a0120a85dcdae970b0128777031da970c-pi

scargill wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the Garmin Connect website is totting up the Moving Time incorrectly - and giving inaccurate pacing figures because of it? I had to stop in the bushes for pit stop (!) after 1 mile yesterday - even though I paused the watch, Garmin Connect is counting it as a 12 minute mile instead of 8:30.

So my watch is showing me an 8:28 average for the run, but Garmin Connect is showing me 8:48
    Did you switch over to Garmin Express? I've noticed a few erratic things, since I switched one of my PCs over.

I just had a look through the garmin forum and it seems to a bug introduced with their recent updates...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?74645-Time-Calculation-Issue

Did you switch over to Garmin Express? I've noticed a few erratic things, since I switched one of my PCs over.

I'm not using Garmin Express - just the Garmin Connect website.
    I also use the Garmin Training Centre software - it actually has the figures worked out correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dsenna

Looking to get a 620 from the eglobal site, 299 euro including the hrm but the site won't let me checkout with paypal , anyone else tried this site , or got anything from them ? The customer service doesn't seem interested in helping out !

• Advertisement

Dsenna wrote: »
    Looking to get a 620 from the eglobal site, 299 euro including the hrm but the site won't let me checkout with paypal , anyone else tried this site , or got anything from them ? The customer service doesn't seem interested in helping out !

Have not used them but was aware of them. Prices certainly are attractive but you are taking a risk thou with customs/vat/duty etc

Advertisement