Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

well I popped my cherry.

• 16-01-2012 2:43pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well had my first time out air softing the weekend and am hooked.
    Having only done paint ball before i was not sure what to expect.
    But when I saw all the lads walking out in the gear I knew even before a shot was fired it was going to be good.

There was about 50 guys there for the most part so the teams were big and the action intense.
    We played up in the hilltop site in newtownmountkennedy, wicklow and it was a great but a little windy venue.

Im in a bad way today, stiff and soar but it was worth it.
    Bring on next weekend.
    Im heading off to my local airsoft retailer to get me some more gear and im going to go hunting in airsoft adverts for my own gun.
    The gun I have a loan of is fine and my mate is not in a hurry for it back so I can take my time getting my own. But I will be...

Any way Here is a few pics I took. If any of you guys were there and dont see your self in any of my pics let me know and ill try find a shot of you. Im sure I got a pic of every one who played in the afternoon sessions...

6708124141_b69974654c.jpg
    defending the base by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6708128751_6b6890884b.jpg
    oddy by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6708134807_b2297e5d00.jpg
    p90 man by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6708146887_d6a77c530e.jpg
    the charge by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6708189291_a6c6f185bd.jpg
    orange eyes by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6708149213_29ce3717c8.jpg
    man down by BarryKelly, on Flickr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Another convert! Glad you enjoyed yesterday, it was good craic. If I might make a suggestion, Brit DPM Desert isn't a particularly useful camo pattern here in Ireland so you consider something based on dark greens, the standard Brit DPM is pretty good for Irish sites.

"P90 Man" is Andy of the RATS team, he's a bit of a poser so he'll like seeing his pic here :D

Hilltop have their own thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056412520

They are also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hilltopairsoftrange#!/pages/Hilltop-Airsoft-Ranges/174699559266070?sk=wall&filter=1
    Oddy put up some pics earlier today, you may find yourself in them

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well I thought that camo worked well in the quarry and also in the white kinda grass. I got it long before I every tried air soft and it was better than just street cloths...

I have more pics of them lads from the rats group, they were a sound bunch of lads.

here is another pic.. of a R.A.T.S member
    6709217211_778b3d1620.jpg
    Robbie the rat by BarryKelly, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭johnmc_carthy

Some great photos there!

and another
    6710682313_78f876f6e6.jpg
    taking cover by BarryKelly, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Well well well, is that Adam and Ray I see in the photo too ? Welcome to the most addictive thing in your life pal :) Im sure Ill see you out on a site somewhere soon enough

yes me adam and ray. They will be runing games soon I think...
    So its all good.

Well I went back up to hilltop at the weekend. Weather was very bad and the games were very good. Not as many lads out as the time before but the bad weather and other events on had their effect.

Only stayed for the half day as I left and went to the airsoft shop in Bray, just off the N11 where I finally got my own AEG. The Lads in there were very helpfull and sorted me out with a sweet gun, so I am very happy with it now. Think ill be playing in wexford this weekend, some site close to ennischorty not sure what its called, its normally a paintball place.

Bring on the weekend.

Oh and here is the really nice view from up on hill top

6736362363_f23a906581_b.jpg
    light from the tree by BarryKelly, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

after seeing the pictures and reading this thread i headed up to hilltop 2 weeks ago too, amazing place, the pictures do no justice. heading back again this weekend hopefully. that picture from the hill is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Epicfish

Nice shots man, I was down at Stamullen Airsoft (the orchard) where the vipers play, mad Craic down there, you gotta come down one of the weekends.

sounds great, Ive heard of stamullen.. where is that place?

well stamullen is beside Gormanstown just of the M1.
    To get into the site you'll find a double gates just across the road from Whytes Pub, if you get to the church you've passed the site by around 100 yards, They're hosting a free day on the 18th of this month, there'll be alot of people there, but it'd be a good way to just get a taste of the site.

Oh the 18th sounds good so Ill be there. Ill bring along the possie as well..... Looking forward to it now. its the day after my sons 14th Bday so ill drag him along also...
    thanks for the info

Well my first trip to another site went well. Poped out to Fingal Airsoft and had a great day.
    Good site, I plan to visit it again....

6898099091_7a69a3a191.jpg
    Kellys Heros by BarryKelly, on Flickr

Here are a few more pics form Fingal

6898102207_2b62eed564.jpg
    akimbo killer by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6898110263_899de1c2ba.jpg
    piling up by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6898122597_e1c6c10faf.jpg
    thumbs up by BarryKelly, on Flickr

more from Fingal

6898231305_f2a03132f1.jpg
    Number 1 by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6898298185_1ebd46b326.jpg
    hiding by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6898122597_e1c6c10faf.jpg

haha I know him, he'll love to see himself here :P ill link him here soon.

Yes, but do you know this guy?

6899158023_7a908ebd06.jpg
    Masked man by BarryKelly, on Flickr

Yes, but do you know this guy?

6899158023_7a908ebd06.jpg
    Masked man by BarryKelly, on Flickr

Ahha (; it appears I do, great day out on the site, I'm looking forward to night ops next weekend :P should be a good laugh. Hope you enjoyed your time down here.

• Advertisement

ah yes it was very good. Thinking I might head back down next weekend.
    Not sure about night ops dont think I can make it for the night game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

A great place to go airsoft is redbarn , theve got everything from cqb to open fields and forests fights. Check out there website its great craic

yes its my plan to check out as many local sites as I can.
    But Ill be heaing back to Fingal for another few games this weekend.
    I want to see how the site works on a normal day.

But red barn is on the cards soon, as is Rathbeggen.

What do you mean by "on the cards" ? (Im not being sarcastic i just dont understand the meaning)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

What do you mean by "on the cards" ? (Im not being sarcastic i just dont understand the meaning)

Google is your friend. :p

It's a turn of phrase meaning it's almost certainly going to happen but not just yet.

couldent have said it better myself Zomg Okay

Oh btw. Dont go rathbeggan , its accutally a step down from redbarn. Its just plain field really...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Oh btw. Dont go rathbeggan , its accutally a step down from redbarn. Its just plain field really...

Im sure he can make his own mind up - just because it doesnt appeal to you doesnt mean that it would be the same for everyone else.
    Last time I was there, there was quite a bit more than just a plain field.

yes, exactally what richie said. One thing going for it is that its my closest site. But yes I do intend to hit the site soon and ill post my opinion here when I do.

Seing as I have not played red barn either it cant be a step down..
    I have only played 3 sites so far, thought them all good, they all have pros and cons..

Did not get to go out this weekend as I came down sick during the week so all plans are now a week behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Jayo123

you should try out Vacant Airsoft, The Compound and Bellurgan park Airsoft.
    Bellurgan park do amazing milsims i hear, so does the compound. Vacant is a good site to go to if your interested in a Zombie event. im thinking of heading to Hilltop myself. looks like a good site.

Advertisement