Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 afordy

Some people go in seperately. Since yours is so early it will probably be just you. It will probably last about 30-45 mins. Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

I got offered a job, but I decided to take 24 hrs to decide. How do I go about accepting the contract then? I can't make it down to Limerick again today?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

Had the interview today!!! It was strange, it was informal in a group setting, nothing to worry about. I got Sharjah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Siobh78

Hey! The group interview is totally informal! Nothing to worry about very basic questions!

I got a place in the Dubai school secondary teaching, anyone else on this going there??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyLorr20

Congrats to all, I got Abu daubi any one else heading there? I delighted as i wanted either there or Dubai!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

Hey! I have an interview with them this Sunday in Dublin. What sort of questions do you get asked? Also, just wondering what people got offered money wise? Do you think it's enough? I'm earning a fair bit more even after tax here so that's the only thing I'm slightly worried about but maybe I'm worrying over nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Siobh78

Yeah u think the money is poor alright but I think if u want the experience of traveling it'll be enough to let u do that! (hopefully) u certainly won't be making ur fortune there!

They asked questions Like how would u prepare to teach the lesson ur given, why u want to teach there, what would make u a good applicant. Really that's all they asked in my interview anyway! It was pretty short! The questions are very basic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

Yeah, you're right. I'll still definitely go for it but I was just hoping to save a bit when I was over there, but if it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world or anything close!!

Thanks for the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

Hey all.
    I've an interview with ADEC on Saturday. It says they might ask how you'd teach an outcome based lesson. Does anyone have any good info on the outcome based approach that they'd like to share. :-)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Hi all just wondering if someone would be able to tell me the remuneration package offered, are flights and accommodation included and what is the monthly salary?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Is it possible to get work with just a degree I am finished a humanities course focusing on Religion and English. I have done teaching placement for two years so I would have experience in the classroom.

Senor Frog wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering if someone would be able to tell me the remuneration package offered, are flights and accommodation included and what is the monthly salary?
    Cheers
    Hey as far as I know flights (but not at christmas) and accomadation are included, so are other utilities. The pay is 1,500 euro a month, and you are paid for a year even though you would be finished in June. Hope this helps.

scoopmine wrote: »
    Is it possible to get work with just a degree I am finished a humanities course focusing on Religion and English. I have done teaching placement for two years so I would have experience in the classroom.
    It seems al you have to have is a bachelors degree. Teaching experience is not even essential.

Hey everyone! For all those people who have already been offered a place in August, did you just sign the contract and is it now just a matter of waiting for flight details? I have been offered a place in Abu Dhabi but don't know what school or anything like that, does anybody know if we find out before we go over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ruth199

Hi all,

I am a UCD student and I have my face to face interview in Dublin tomorrow. If successful I hope to go to either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Any thoughts on which would be best? Anyone going there in August?

Thanks in advance for any help :) Ruth

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kitty111

Hey, I'm have had my face-to-face interview for a teaching position with sabis. They said that they cannot guarantee a location until 4-6 weeks of signing the contract, however no specific location is stated in the contract. I am worried as to what may happen if I go over and they place me in a school that was not agreed on. Does anyone know when you will definitely know where you are going?? Kinda disappointed because I had stated my preferences long ago and just made a long trip for this interview only to confirm nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kitty111

ruth199 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am a UCD student and I have my face to face interview in Dublin tomorrow. If successful I hope to go to either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Any thoughts on which would be best? Anyone going there in August?

Thanks in advance for any help :) Ruth
    Just had mine today, and as far as I know they cannot confirm where you are going until you sign the contract. did they tell you that you will definitely get either of those???

kitty111 wrote: »
    Just had mine today, and as far as I know they cannot confirm where you are going until you sign the contract. did they tell you that you will definitely get either of those???

Nope they didn't but I thought you could tell them where u wanted to go before u sign the contract? How was the interview? Is there anything out of the ordinary they ask you?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

kitty111 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm have had my face-to-face interview for a teaching position with sabis. They said that they cannot guarantee a location until 4-6 weeks of signing the contract, however no specific location is stated in the contract. I am worried as to what may happen if I go over and they place me in a school that was not agreed on. Does anyone know when you will definitely know where you are going?? Kinda disappointed because I had stated my preferences long ago and just made a long trip for this interview only to confirm nothing :(

Hi did they give you an idea where you would be placed & if it would definately be in the UAE or could it be anywhere? did you sign the contract?

Katy_B wrote: »
    Hi did they give you an idea where you would be placed & if it would definately be in the UAE or could it be anywhere? did you sign the contract?

Yea I am wondering the same before my interview tomorrow as I think I would only like Abu Dhabi and Dubai? Katy B do you have an interview too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Is this all from applying to Sabis or is there another recruitment agency involved ?

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Is this all from applying to Sabis or is there another recruitment agency involved ?

I applied with SABIS anyway and I am guessing most have since interviews for it are in Dublin this week

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

ruth199 wrote: »
    Yea I am wondering the same before my interview tomorrow as I think I would only like Abu Dhabi and Dubai? Katy B do you have an interview too?
    Hi, yeah had interview on sunday and got offered a job :D Was just told that I would be placed in UAE but not sure where yet although I'd really like Abu Dhabi too.

Katy_B wrote: »
    Hi, yeah had interview on sunday and got offered a job :D Was just told that I would be placed in UAE but not sure where yet although I'd really like Abu Dhabi too.

Ah brilliant well done and did you sign your contract there and then? How long until you find out where you have been placd?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bluebee

I had my interview yesterday, it went really well and I was offered my first place which was Sharjah so I signed on the spot! I'm so excited:) Well done everyone!!

bluebee wrote: »
    I had my interview yesterday, it went really well and I was offered my first place which was Sharjah so I signed on the spot! I'm so excited:) Well done everyone!!
    Yeah somebody else is going to Sharjah!!!
    Well done.

M442 wrote: »
    Yeah somebody else is going to Sharjah!!!
    Well done.

Woo! What class/subject will you be teaching if you don't mind me asking? I'll have a kindergarten class, which I am delighted about.

bluebee wrote: »
    Woo! What class/subject will you be teaching if you don't mind me asking? I'll have a kindergarten class, which I am delighted about.
    I don't actually know yet, but he said it would be young children so I'm hoping for kindergarten too!!!

Does anyone who has signed the contract know when we will hear anything else about the job e.g. what school we will be placed in, when we will get flight details etc.? Forgot to ask them at interview.....

• Advertisement

M442 wrote: »
    I don't actually know yet, but he said it would be young children so I'm hoping for kindergarten too!!!

They said to me that they had more kindergarten places than other positions so hopefully you will! I think we get a classroom assistant for the little ones which will be nice:)

Afordy- I think they said four to six weeks but I'm not quite sure. they said to keep posted for email notification though.

Advertisement