Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000 avensis can't open boot

• 12-03-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise boot won't open with auto or with key, 2000 avensis, oiled the locks yesterday, would that be a problem?
    Need to get things out of boot, okay can go in back way I guess but prefer the right way so to speak, appreciate any advice thanks Foxy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Saloon or Hatch. If hatch, can you lift parcel shelf?
    Are the seats are foldable and unlockable from the cabin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You have to turn the key anticlockwise to unlock the button.
    you'd imagine it would be the other way though, more than likely you inadvertently locked it with the key?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Thanks for replies, but the boot won't open, it is a saloon and have the back seat down, so where does one go from here. The key makes clicking noise and the lock on the boot waggles but still won't open, quite frustrating, any suggestions would be most welcome, thanks:o:o

Ah, this happened me before, does the key just turn in the lock? You should hear a sound like a motor turning when you turn the key. Mine fixed itself eventually after I oiled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

a bit like the song the key goes round and round, either way, will spray some oil onit in the morning, thanks let you know how it went goodnight and thanks

• Advertisement

Yep exact same, just spun around in the lock. I don't think it'll be an easy one to sort. I have the Haynes manual, will try and see if there's any exploded diagrams etc

Just thinking, it may be possible to undo the 2 bolts holding the lock hook thing onto the body if you can get into the boot. I'll have a look at mine tomorrow evening for you

Haynes manual has nothing.

Advertisement