Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to organize Bicycle Racing Event?

• 15-07-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Everyone,

I was Wondering, if i want to organize o Racing Contest:

What is the Most Important Things To have approval here in Ireland?

What help and approvals i need from City Council?

What kind of Help the Irish Bicycle Association Gives?

I know i need an Event Insurance, apart of that what else is needed here in Ireland?

I want to organize something huge. Just in case you have a question in your head about the type of event i want to do... =]

Thank you every one who is trying to help... ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

What kind of race, and where? Maybe get in touch with your nearest cycling club, they'll be able to help you a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

First thing you need to sort is decent looking podium girls. Harder said than done as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LosBMX

el tel wrote: »
    First thing you need to sort is decent looking podium girls. Harder said than done as far as I can tell.

hahaha...funny you, but you are totally right... About the Girls Monster Drink can Look After it easily ...

What kind of race, and where? Maybe get in touch with your nearest cycling club, they'll be able to help you a lot.

Dublin Maybe, Road Racing, and some other surprise..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

LosBMX wrote: »
    I was Wondering, if i want to organize o Racing Contest:
    What is the Most Important Things To have approval here in Ireland
    I guess you're not in Ireland and are not already involved in cycle racing?

For racing, there's only one way: you must form a club and affiliate to Cycling Ireland. They will provide guidance. You'll need Garda and City Council clearance. CI will appoint commissaires. You must supply judges and marshalls.

If you don't affiliate to CI, nobody will ride your event and it's very unlikely you'd get insurance.

• Advertisement

opti0nal wrote: »
    I guess you're not in Ireland and are not already involved in cycle racing?

For racing, there's only one way: you must form a club and affiliate to Cycling Ireland. They will provide guidance.

If you don't affiliate to CI, nobody will ride your event and it's very unlikely you'd get insurance.
    Awesome, yeahs, i am in Ireland, but i am not affiliated with any club... So I might go to look after it First of all... Thanks ;)

Awesome, yeahs, i am in Ireland, but i am not affiliated with any club... So I myght go to look after it First of all... Thanks ;)
    When you mentioned the non-existent 'Irish Bicycle Association', I assumed you're not from here and also that you're not familiar with racing in this country.

I think you need to get more involved in the sport and attend existing events as you'll learn the rules, how it's done and also what kind of courses make for good racing.

When you mentioned the non-existent 'Irish Bicycle Association', I assumed you're not from here and also that you're not familiar with racing in this country.

I think you need to get more involved in the sport and attend existing events as you'll learn the rules, how it's done and also what kind of courses make for good racing.

Yeahs, i am too focused in my Work / Business, and family... it is time to get very involved with some Racings... ;)

I was checking the Calendars and there aren't so many big Races around. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

The Irish Bicycle Association calendars?
    Where are you coming from with this?
    Why plan on organising a big event in a sport that you are obviously not involved in in any way?
    I'm not trying to be hostile here i'm genuinely curious, what do you hope to get out of it? What can you bring to the table that people in CI who have been organising events for decades can't bring?
    If you're planning to make money off it, well, good luck with that, god loves a trier

• Advertisement

Did you check the 'Cycling Ireland' calendar?

Did you check the 'Cycling Ireland' calendar?

yeahs, nothing in the Leinster from July. =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

maybe you should check again. there are events on every day almost. if you want to organise a bike race you must be in an affiliated club or an association comprised at least 6 Irish Bicycle Association (Cycling Ireland) licence holders. you will also need to apply for the day you want. if it conflicts with another race in the province on that day you will need written permission from the other organiser that your event can go ahead. you will need a safety statement filled out and lodged with CI for the event.

I think you should plan for next year tbh but its your choice.

Other than the Leinster 3 Day, some track stuff, an Usher IRC event, a Sorrento time trial, various club leagues and the IVCA...

If you're coming at this from a commercial perspective, you'll need to learn your 'market'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

If you're coming at this from a commercial perspective, you'll need to learn your 'market'.

How to make a million out of cycling ? Start with 3 million !

Other than the Leinster 3 Day, some track stuff, an Usher IRC event, a Sorrento time trial, various club leagues and the IVCA...

it is more personal, just to make something different, nothing really commercial on my point... =]

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I will ride my bike in your excellent event. I am a cycling celebrity of much renown.

I will ride my bike in your excellent event. I am a cycling celebrity of much renown.

Cheers Dude, i am starting a Club though, i am just waiting for authorization of the company which i want to use their name... Much better like this, step by step we get there, i may race on my event too... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

That is good news, my friend. I feared that your plans may have been lightly made but I see now that you are a master of strategy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement