Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking near the 02 in Dublin???

• 11-11-2010 3:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm driving to Dublin from Kildare for the Gorillaz gig in the 02 tonight.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get parking nearby?

I believe there is some at the venue but I expect that will be expensive
    and will be very busy getting in and out of.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

panama wrote: »
    Hi

I'm driving to Dublin from Kildare for the Gorillaz gig in the 02 tonight.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get parking nearby?

I believe there is some at the venue but I expect that will be expensive
    and will be very busy getting in and out of.

thanks

Park at the Red Cow and get the Luas all the way to the O2?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

lynchie wrote: »
    Park at the Red Cow and get the Luas all the way to the O2?

Thanks for the reply, never used the Luas before, how often do they go and would they run late after the gig to get back there on it?

How much is the park & ride? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭thundercatho

There is parking at the NCI in the IFSC but there is also free roadside parking on the quays if you are early enough and lucky... There is alo a priavet company that does it for I think €10 right beside 02. If you drive towards the 02 from the city centre you camt miss it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭KD345

panama wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, never used the Luas before, how often do they go and would they run late after the gig to get back there on it?

How much is the park & ride? thanks

Here are the details for Luas park & ride for Red Cow. I think it costs 4 euro.

http://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

The return ticket fare for Red Cow to The Point is 4.30. The trams run every 10-15 minutes. There are often extra trams added to facilitate concert crowds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

KD345 wrote: »
    Here are the details for Luas park & ride for Red Cow. I think it costs 4 euro.

http://www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

The return ticket fare for Red Cow to The Point is 4.30. The trams run every 10-15 minutes. There are often extra trams added to facilitate concert crowds.

Nice one mate cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

There is parking at the NCI in the IFSC but there is also free roadside parking on the quays if you are early enough and lucky... There is alo a priavet company that does it for I think €10 right beside 02. If you drive towards the 02 from the city centre you camt miss it..

The quays often do be chock a block and packed out in the evenings so they'd be a risk. If you were willing to walk a little park in Connolly Station, it's only a few bob if anything at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The o2 has a car park underneath the gibson hotel, €10 for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Drive, quicker than the Luas and with the weather tonight you will not regret it.

Plently of on-street parking on Sherrif Street, Wapping Street, Castleforbes Road (google maps is your friend) - I work there the odd day and park outside no problem. Free after 7pm.

Advertisement