Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The servers sheep have broken themselves overnight. Replaced the grass blocks and sheep yet they still refuse to grow back their wool.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Botulism wrote: »
    Right, I've had some Ideas for the end.
    Basiclally, we have 3 classes of people entering.

Archers:

Tasked with killing the dragon with their bows.

The ideal archer will have: A bow with the Infinty enchantment/stacks of arrows, Potions of strength and lots of armor.

Saboteurs:
    Tasked with Destrying the ender crystals

The ideal saboteur will have:
    A ready supply of explosives, large stacks of dirt/ladders to climb the towers, and pickaxes in case the TNT does not destroy the crystals.

Medics:

Tasked with healing the other classes

The ideal medic will have:
    An almost full inventory of splash healing potions, Extra armor and Swiftness potions to get to the other players quickly.

So. Who wants to be what?

You forgot Tanks - who need heavy (protection-enchanted) armor, enchanted diamond swords and Strength/Regen potions - to protect all of the above from endies they aggro ;)

Also, everyone should really try to bring their own Regen and Speed pots and use them to keep the buffs up as Healers can only carry a couple dozen pots in their inventories :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Solitaire wrote: »
    Regen pots
    I lol'd. Ghast tears are 10 times rarer than diamonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 belgarion2

my minecraft name is belgarion2, can i be whitelisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Also collecting snow balls is a great way to destroy the health regen things for the dragon. They'll explode if you hit them.....

Don't know if something similar is already around but we should set up a communal house/area for storage of all our weapons/armour and potions going to be used to fight the dragon. Keep them in private chests to stop griefers and trade items when needed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

So... We need:

Tanks
    Type - Melee/Damage Mitigation
    Role - Pulling adds (endies!) off others (especially sappers!)
    Gear - Iron or diamond armor with full Prot enchants, possibly spare Iron armor, diamond sword with useful enchant, bow+arrow stack, Speed/Might/Healing pots, ample Food for self
    Notes - Use bow to pull endies off other players at range. If everyone are doing their jobs right Tanks will need the most healing off Healers.

Archers
    Type - Ranged
    Role - Constantly pour abuse on teh boss
    Gear - Preferably Iron armor (some lowbie Prot enchants recommended), Bow with strong enchants (high Power, Infinity etc.), possibly spare Bow and stacks of arrows if no Infinity enchant, Might and Healing pots, some Food
    Notes - Shouldn't need too much healing, as they shouldn't be aggroing too many endies

Sappers
    Type - Anti-structure siege/sabotage
    Role - Nuke those goddamn healing generators off the face of the End!
    Gear - Iron armor with Prot enchants and hopefully Slowfall on the boots, decent sword, stacks of Ladders and Dirt, shovels and picks, lots of TNT and redstone and redstone torches to detonate them, oh and Speed/Healing pots and Food to recover from damage and falls!
    Notes - They look at the terrain more than the sky, so they might accidentally pull a lot of Endies - Tanks should try to look after these guys!

Healers
    Type - Ranged Healing/Damage Mitigation
    Role - Um.... heal stuff?
    Gear - Some armor is nice, sword/bow/arrows as desired, some Food and Speed pots, LOTS of Splash Healing pots!
    Notes - Should try to avoid aggroing stuff and keep an eye on the chat (or ear on the TS) for help requests; otherwise they should stick near the tank. Not sure if there are any player-healthbar-viewing mods they could use to help...

Maeg
    Type - Ranged Support
    Role - A bit of everything
    Gear - Lots of stacks of snowballs! Food, some Armor, and if they work in the Nether, a stack each of Pumpkins/Snow Blocks/Iron Blocks. Everything else should be pots and splash pots, esp buffs and debuffs
    Notes - If they work, having Snow Golems for offense and crowd-control, and Iron Golems for tanking endies would be a godsend. Debuff pots can help mess with endies, and spammed snowballs will help sappers nail generators and chip away at the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Hows about cannon fodder? beds beside the portal? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mattmccartan

my minecraft user name is mattmccartan1997 previously i said mattmccartan that was a mistake sorry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

belgarion2 wrote: »
    my minecraft name is belgarion2, can i be whitelisted?
    my minecraft user name is mattmccartan1997 previously i said mattmccartan that was a mistake sorry

Both added

And we need a general :rolleyes:

Also, It would be a great idea if sappers carried buckets of water (if they work in the end) so they could make a pool of water to leap into when they light the TNT up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mossay

Hi,

my name on minecraft is Mossferatu, my friend had me whitelisted for the Boards.ie server, and GavMcG informed me that I've broken a server rule regarding making floating trees and directed me to read the rules. I've read them now, and can see how my multi-story mushrooms breach server rules. My friend also mentioned that there was a discussion of me chopping down someone's tree. The truth is I didn't realise the tree belonged to someone as I thought it was well out of the way. My mistake and I'm sorry, I'll plant my own trees in future and harvest them to avoid this. If I'm allowed back into minecraft I'll take down the mushrooms, and also I see that cobblestone pillars are against the rules so I'll take down a type of pillar I made a few days ago.

I apologise for causing any inconvenience to others and would very much like to continue being part of the Boards.ie minecraft server.

Apologies
    Mossay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Can I get whitelisted please? leeg17.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

groupphoto.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Whitelist again please?

Hare05.

Thanks guys.

So delighted i was online when the photo was taken, now we need a pic for mothers day :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

hare05 wrote: »
    Whitelist again please?

Hare05.

Thanks guys.
    Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Whitelist again please =D
    rashersandbeans

Whitelist again please =D
    rashersandbeans

Added

Sorry elect for leaving last night, it was late and i was tired. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

cathalmf

• Advertisement

cathalmf

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Sorry elect for leaving last night, it was late and i was tired. :pac:

dont worry about it ,its done now

Best birthday ever! :D

screenshot20120320at192.png

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Best birthday ever! :D

screenshot20120320at192.png

So that's what an op carries around with them! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

II_NertBalls_II please

nimrod86 wrote: »
    So that's what an op carries around with them! :pac:

Just a normal inventory except for my trusted sponge :P

The amazing shaders mod...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Do sponges work?:O

.. Admins should sell them so >_>

Do sponges work?:O

.. Admins should sell them so >_>
    They don't work, we use them as tools to check logs.

• Advertisement

Minecraft updated to 1.2.4, if you want to get on the server do not update your client or you most likely* won't be able to connect.

When the server updates to the newest version we'll let you know.

*Haven't tested this yet. If you want to then go ahead, but remember to make a backup first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement