Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodfella`s - Is Jimmy Conway still in prison/alive

• 07-08-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Jimmy Conway is currently serving a 20-years-to life sentence for murder in a New York State prison. He will not be eligible for parole until 2004 when he will be 78 years old. [Conway's character was based upon real-life mobster Jimmy Burke, who died in 1996 in prison of lung cancer.]

Just wondering if this guy is still alive or whats the craic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

"was serving his time in Wende Correctional Facility in Alden, New York State when he developed lung cancer. He died from this disease on April 13, 1996, aged sixty-four. Had he lived he would have been eligible for parole in 2004."

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Conway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Aye, thanks for that. Interesting reading.
    So, Hill is the only one alive today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Why on earth did you put this in the film reviews board for? Honest to god...
    Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

boardsee wrote:
    [Conway's character was based upon real-life mobster Jimmy Burke, who died in 1996 in prison of lung cancer.]
    Eh, doesn't that answer your own question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Talliesin wrote:
    Eh, doesn't that answer your own question?

He seems to be asking if the fictional character is still alive. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Is Morrie still alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

boardsee wrote:
    He will not be eligible for parole until 2004 when he will be 78 years old..

heggie wrote:
    He died from this disease on April 13, 1996, aged sixty-four. Had he lived he would have been eligible for parole in 2004."

64 + 8 = 78?

How does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Orange Elephant

Bit of a stupid question but I'm stupid enough to reply.

Goodfellas was on on Saturday and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't thinking the same thing. But lets face it, Hill is the only one alive today. Jimmy would die in prison (Of Lung Cancer)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

jimmy conway isnt dead i just watched him be really nasty in rocky & bullwinkle ;)

Advertisement