Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corolla front end conversion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

From my exspert-tees in car modifiecations, Which is hardly anything. Id say no as it looks more squareish. (If we are onabout the same car here)

TY%20Corolla%201992-1997%20%20AE100-EE100%203-5%20DOOR%20HB%20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

id say its a straight forward swap but you might need a front slam panel too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As above.

hardly worth the effort, the facelift is a bit of a dogs dinner of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 carina 2

has it ever been done??

if the pre-facelift shell is the same as the facelift one then it should work?? should'nt it :) lol

bump

anyone !!

• Advertisement

Bump!

Well its hard to know really, suppose you will just have to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭corglass

Bump!

Well its hard to know really, suppose you will just have to try it.
    I for one hope you do it!

It'd be a very interesting car

corglass wrote: »
    I for one hope you do it!

It'd be a very interesting car

Naw its not me, its the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Even if it takes some fabrication, does that not just make it more interesting and unique?

I say go for it.

I don't get how it makes it interesting. Looks like a vvti, hasn't a vvti engine and has an older reg. how is that interesting?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don't get how it makes it interesting. Looks like a vvti, hasn't a vvti engine and has an older reg. how is that interesting?

Well people will be like "Oh i see a vvti" car gets closer, "Its 97". "cool".:cool:

Seems like so much effort just for that. If I saw it I'd be thinking 'mustnt have been able to find the right front end, sloppy panel beater'

This isn't like putting s15 lights on an s14,

Seems like so much effort just for that. If I saw it I'd be thinking 'mustnt have been able to find the right front end, sloppy panel beater'

This isn't like putting s15 lights on an s14,

Ya, I see what your saying.

But im just after thinking and sure it probly wont even fit. My mother got a mirror fir her car, It was off a 03 yaris and her car is 01. There wasent a hope in hell of getting it on.

Ya, I see what your saying.

But im just after thinking and sure it probly wont even fit. My mother got a mirror fir her car, It was off a 03 yaris and her car is 01. There wasent a hope in hell of getting it on.

The 03 facelift ones are different alright.

way i see it is that you could pick up a pre-facelift mabey with small front end damage for handy money sell what ever parts you can, buy the facelift parts and end up with a far better looking car for half the price.

what you think :)

The facelift looks even worse than the original though.

na facelift is far nicer i think

Oh right. Work away so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I meant the process rather than the over all product, however I have no problem with people making purely aesthetic mod's to their cars as long as it's not along the lines of a MASSIVE body kit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Hi OP, not sure if this is what you're looking for but here is a 1995 Corolla with that newer front on it, I'm not actually sure what it really is to be honest but I'd be inerested in what other people have to say about it.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/corolla/1995-toyota-corolla-for-sale/1389315

• Advertisement

Looks like a jdm model to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 26 4wd

never let anyone tell ya ya cant or shouldnt do sumtin
    if u have the vision follow it

i have a nice set of merc clk200 front and rear lamps
    they were for a corrolla before i sold it

this is the current front end transplant
    lexabuishi

my only advise is measure twice cut once

Advertisement