Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Keep abortion out of Ireland

1596061626365»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    I am saying the objective value of the person from conception should be respected. There should be no option to kill a child.

http://www.abort73.com/testimony/1429/

So what do you suggest a woman do with an unwanted pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

eviltwin wrote: »
    If that is true - and its a big IF - that will probably have more to do with the guilt factor and the stigma that exists here than the abortion itself.

I ask this exact same question once.. Where they feeling guilty because of faith or church..

The answer I go was that its just a natural reaction.. A women is pregnant "with a child" and the abortion is killing this child.

Its only natural to feel guilt,, you can't deny reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

Choices.. I am fine with choices but only up to the point those choices don't kill others.

http://www.abort73.com/testimony/1307/

Then arguing with you over abortion regrets is irrelevant, if 100% of women said they did not regret it that statistic would not be relevant to you because , you don't care how they feel, you only want to stop what is in your view the ending of a life. And in order to protect life you are quite willing say anything really.

Could you please provide a link to this study, im having a terrible time finding it as i just keep being lead in circles through prolife websites that cite one another but don't provide the research.

So what do you suggest a woman do with an unwanted pregnancy?

What is so wrong with giving it to a family who can't have children?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I ask this exact same question once.. Where they feeling guilty because of faith or church..

The answer I go was that its just a natural reaction.. A women is pregnant "with a child" and the abortion is killing this child.

Its only natural to feel guilt,, you can't deny reality.

I never felt guilt. All my upset came from the lack of support from the people I told but I never felt guilt about the act itself.

• Advertisement

I asked what a woman does with an unwanted pregnancy? This has nothing to do with being an incubator for the childless. This is a grown woman who does not wish to carry a pregnancy to term. what do you suggest she do?

A lot of people who have trouble having kids would probably rather tried assisted reproduction, adoption is seen as a last resort. Many of the children wouldn't be seen as "adoption material" ie those with disabilities etc. What do we do with them?

And by the way there are a lot of unwanted children languishing in care homes in this country that couples who can't have children could adopt- should they wish to do so.

eviltwin wrote: »
    A lot of people who have trouble having kids would probably rather tried assisted reproduction, adoption is seen as a last resort. Many of the children wouldn't be seen as "adoption material" ie those with disabilities etc. What do we do with them?

That's a very ignorant post. So disabled children should be aborted because they are not wanted?

And by the way there are a lot of unwanted children languishing in care homes in this country that couples who can't have children could adopt- should they wish to do so.

How many children are in Care homes? Do you know how difficult it is to adopt one? It takes years, esp if the children's parents are alive.

• Advertisement

That's a very ignorant post. So disabled children should be aborted because they are not wanted?

Where did I say that? I have no opinion on that at all, if a family decide to abort on the basis of a child being born with a disability that is their business.

You seem to think adoption is the answer to everything. Its not. If all the babies that were aborted last year alone were in the adoption system there would not be enough families to take them. And it might not be pc but some children are more likely to be adopted than others and yes kids with disabilities are sadly not going to be top of the list.

So my question, what do you think would happen to those kids ?

How many children are in Care homes? Do you know how difficult it is to adopt one? It takes years, esp if the children's parents are alive.

So again, what do you suggest the woman who does not wish to carry a pregnancy to term do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭28064212

How "many" others? How do you quantify many? If I show states they get ridiculed as biased.
    The ridicule had nothing to do with claims of bias. It's because you don't understand the studies that you are linking to, which either don't say anything like what you claim, or have been completely discredited. When this is pointed out to you, you ignore it and completely fail to respond in any way, and then subsequently attempt to use the same links in your argument over and over, despite them being totally wrong

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Great, now publish all the stories of women who are not in the slightest bit sorry they had an abortions and went on to have perfectly happy lives.

http://www.imnotsorry.net/

<snip>
    Best thing that ever happened to me
    Having an abortion was the most empowering, best decision that I ever made. It helped me remove myself from an abusive relationship and seek healthy ones for the first time in my life. It taught me to love myself. I am the happiest I have ever been today because I was able to remain strong [...]
    I did it before and I’d do it again. I am not ashamed or embarrassed. My children know that I have had an abortion. It is not a secret part of my life. I would advise anyone to do it. Abortion should be covered by insurance, by Medicaid/care, supplied by the “state”. Cheap and available
    I have had two abortions, one miscarriage, and one baby. When I was 13, I was raped and my family wouldn’t allow an abortion. I was forced to then give the baby up for adoption. At 16 I was assaulted by my boyfriend, and when I found out that I was pregnant he made sure that I wasn’t anymore. At 17 I got pregnant again, and I knew I wasn’t strong enough to get away from my abusive boyfriend and that he had decided he wanted a baby. I just couldn’t let that happen. I talked to a local clinic and they arranged for me to have an abortion and I went. I am eternally grateful to the women before me who fought for my rights. Some people say if you have children now what will you tell them. I say that I will tell them that I made a decision that allowed me to come to a place in my life were I am not being abused and a place were I can have a child from love and not force.
    I have never felt anything but relief when it was over and done and thankful for the lives I did spare from being unwanted. No one who is pro-life ever seems to have any idea what to do with all these “saved babies” – I haven’t heard any of them offer to take them in, no questions asked, and I suspect many pro-lifers have drowned a kitten or two in their lives. I am not sorry; in every case the final decision is personal. I am not sorry I made the choices I did. I am grateful the choices were available to me.

Now can we stop this stupid nonsense of posting stories?
    If you're prolife because you think it's about murdering a kid then "i'm sorry i did it" stories should have zero bearing on anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

BRAD PITTS MOM SLAMS OBAMA ON ABORTION

Obama has been labeled the “abortion president” because of his radical views on the “right to choose”. His pro-abortion views are so extreme that he has even opposed protections for victims of failed abortions who are born alive.
    As a state senator in Illinois, he voted against a bill that would require abortionists to provide care to an infant who is born alive during the course of a failed abortion. The legislation was brought forward after Jill Stanek, a nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, exposed abortionists’ practice of abandoning babies born alive after failed abortions, leaving them to die in a hospital utility room.
    http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brad-pitts-mom-slams-obama-on-abortion

I took a qoute from the article that REALLY disturbed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Keylem

In case anyone is interested, the all Ireland Rally has a facebook page with some photos.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150940110149150.412307.337495229149&type=1

Onesimus wrote: »
    I took a qoute from the article that REALLY disturbed me.

Even though they could save the poor little mite, they leave them there to die, you wouldn't do that to an animal!

Keylem wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested, the all Ireland Rally has a facebook page with some photos.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150940110149150.412307.337495229149&type=1

You keep leaving one out QMJm6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5lvfh.jpg

i wonder why?...

and brad pitts mother is clearly a bit of a loon

"Jane Pitt says Obama is “a liberal who supports the killing of unborn babies and same-sex marriage” "

Great that her son disagrees "Jane Pitt’s views on gay marriage contrast with her son, who has publicly championed same-sex marriage."
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/405356/brad-pitts-mother-slams-gay-marriage-obama/

Even though they could save the poor little mite, they leave them there to die, you wouldn't do that to an animal!

I don't suppose you copped on to the fact that abortions performed within the law in the US are going to be so early in the pregnancy that keeping the fetus alive outside the womb is impossible? you can't just hook it to an incubator. Once it is outside the womb it is going to die.

It was a fantastic event..

Best pic of the day.

483309_10150940115849150_1887569017_n.jpg

• Advertisement

I don't suppose you copped on to the fact that abortions performed within the law in the US are going to be so early in the pregnancy that keeping the fetus alive outside the womb is impossible? you can't just hook it to an incubator. Once it is outside the womb it is going to die.

I don't suppose you twigged it that abortions are legal in the US right up to the 9th month.
    Infanticide is a bracing word. But in this context, it’s the only word that fits. Obama heard the testimony of a nurse, Jill Stanek. She recounted how she’d spent 45 minutes holding a living baby left to die. The child had lacked the good grace to expire as planned in an induced-labor abortion — one in which an abortionist artificially induces labor with the expectation that the underdeveloped “fetus, or child — however you want to describe it” will not survive the delivery.

Stanek encountered another nurse carrying the child to a “soiled utility room” where it would be left to die. It wasn’t that unusual. The induced-labor method was used for late-term abortions. Many of the babies were strong enough to survive the delivery. At least for a time.
    So something had to be done with them. They couldn’t be left out in the open, struggling in the presence of fellow human beings. After all, those fellow human beings — health-care providers— would then be forced to confront the inconvenient question of why they were standing idly by. That would hold a mirror up to the whole grisly business.
    Better the utility room. Alone, out of sight and out of mind. Next case.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/290707/when-obama-voted-infanticide-andrew-c-mccarthy

It was a fantastic event..

Great to hear! :)

I don't suppose you twigged it that abortions are legal in the US right up to the 9th month.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/290707/when-obama-voted-infanticide-andrew-c-mccarthy

Its horrific how these children are left to die. Many similar incidences in the uk. And they expect us to be ok with these "choices" its barbaric

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement