Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poll on Bartering

• 11-05-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads,
    i need 50 more respondents for this poll as part of my dissertation on Bartering. If you could answer I would be most grateful.
    Bartering is defined as the exchange of goods and services for other goods and services without the use of a medium of exchange ie; money. If you have offered some advice in an area you are qualified in such as accounting for some other advice ie;construction of new house, then that is an example of bartering.

If you answer yes, could you please choose either option c or d to indicate if you have bartered more, or less, since the recession commenced (since 2007)
    if you feel it has been unaffected, then simply an A will suffice.

Many thank you's!

Steven Finn.
    Single Honours Economics,
    UCC.

Do you barter?

Sign in to vote!
    This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Barter me bollix, I need to get paid for the amount of time and effort I put into customers' cars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

insightful response Dave, Ill be sure to put that in the conclusions of the report :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I barter services and always have.
    A little bit of work/advice on IT for some assistance from the other person in their professional field when needed.

Bartering, is more common that most thing, and it mightn't be obvious that bartering is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i have always bartered
    i find the concept easier to get people to work with nowadays

this is in sligo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_exchange_trading_system

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

thanks tig ill look into that it will help for sure :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement