Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Your Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

What age is the daughter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Francis has a lovely way with people :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What age is the daughter?

18/19 I think?

Is she doing hotel management in college I wonder

Ah she's 21!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dromquinna

Dear all just a quick note to say I really enjoyed your comments on the show over the last 8 weeks. Boards.ie was great entertainment for us. Filming new series next week so you will have something to look forward to next winter. Thanks again. John B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

They seem like a lovely family, the Brennans are great - so willing to share their knowledge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Dromquinna wrote: »
    Dear all just a quick note to say I really enjoyed your comments on the show over the last 8 weeks. Boards.ie was great entertainment for us. Filming new series next week so you will have something to look forward to next winter. Thanks again. John B

Great series! Well done on it! One of my favourite programmes, always look forward to it!:)

Hi John!

Thanks for posting!!!! :)

Really enjoyed the series. Yourself and Francis are fantastic.

Great news that there will be another series.

Regards
    Amdub

Thanks for the entertainment you have provided to us!

Well done to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi all,

its amazing what a bit of direction will do. REaaly like the new colours. Felt sad for them when daughter left for chicago. THat can be hard on people

I agree about John being very shrewd, and Francis always has me in knots, love him:D

Best of luck to them in Brosna lodge:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Would be great to have some live interaction next season. Any chance of a Twitter account to follow or deals at the places being shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Yeah i'm glued to it. Great way about them. Local business needs to kick it up a gear, invest and keep up to date.

Must take alot of courage to call them in, but the rewards are evident. Fair play lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

If we could package whatever you and Francis are on we'd be out of this recession before Paddy's Day!
    The only reality TV prog I watch ... just love your practical down to earth attitude ... well done & keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Absolute class programme.
    You know we don't often see what's in front of us as we go along on a daily basis be it in business or even our own homes - a second set of eyes is what we need at times.

Would be great to have some live interaction next season. Any chance of a Twitter account to follow or deals at the places being shown.

:eek:
    Eh isn't this thread not a million times better than a Twitter account :confused:

I don't do the Twitter machine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 roisinsotoole

Great show really enjoyed it, alot of people want an hour long show...hurry up n do more.. :-)))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Interesting article in The Evening Herald today. The Brennans have been approached by US and Canadian Television Stations about doing Shows over there.

They have turned down the offers, for now anyway. I think Failte Ireland should sign them up as Ambassadors and call in a few favours to get them more exposure over there. Getting Francis on some influential TV Shows in America would be worth more than any marketing campaign!

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/us-wants-brennan-bros-but-theyre-too-busy-3052738.html
    TV HOTELIERS John and Francis Brennan are in demand Stateside - but their commitments here means they have no time to start a US career.

The brothers are stars of huge RTE hit At Your Service.

And while they would love to have their own show in the US, the pair said they are too busy filming their hit programme here, coupled with running their own business in Kenmare.

The pair told the Herald that they have no time to take on further projects even though there has been interest in the pair in the US and Canada.

"There was talk of us doing the show in Canada, but it never happened. It's extremely time consuming to do a series and we've enough on our plate this year, so between everything, the timing is wrong," said John.

Interesting

"It would be lovely to have a programme in the US ... Francis would be great on telly over there and it is something we'd look at doing at some point - I think it would be interesting. But not at the moment," he revealed.

The brothers have already become a huge hit stateside, after their special four-day St Patrick's Day promotion in the famous Bergdorf Goodman store went down a treat with American shoppers this week.

"We had a concession in Harrods a few years ago around Patrick's Day and we tried in the past to get it in New York, but this was the year it all came together.

"We didn't expect to see it be such a hit, it wasn't thought to be this popular at all."

Just seen that it's on again at half 8 this evening on RTE1. A repeat but I never tire of watching it! :D
    (The Strand Inn episode I think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RTE continuity announcer is hoping that nobody will notice that it's a repeat...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Where is the market they were promoting the new restaurant at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭technocrat

timbertime wrote: »
    Where is the market they were promoting the new restaurant at?
    Looks like the Milk Market in Limerick they have a farmers market there at weekends.

Only in the door five minutes - is this a new series?

Hmmm. I am thinking that pink looks awfully familiar.

Could be a repeat :(

twirlagig wrote: »
    Only in the door five minutes - is this a new series?
    amdublin wrote: »

Yeah, it's a repeat. Wonder if they are doing a new series?

Sorry amdub ..... as i said I'm only in the door and everything seems to be back - Late Late, X Factor etc :o

Skid wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a repeat. Wonder if they are doing a new series?

According to this page there will be a new series of 8 shows. Not sure when.

Skid! :eek:

Of course it's coming back. Sure didn't John Brennan himself tell us it would be coming back :)

Skid! :eek:

Of course it's coming back. Sure didn't John Brennan himself tell us it would be coming back :)

Ah, I forgot about that. Nice one, am. :)

Hopefully JB will drop in on us again this year (if that really is him)

You're welcome Skid :)

I definitely think it was him. It sounds what I'd imagine him to say to us. Plus also I think Dromquina is the area where he has his Glamping venture/site/place.

They liked us :o We entertained them! Aww shucks :o

:)

• Advertisement

You're welcome Skid :)

I definitely think it was him. It sounds what I'd imagine him to say to us. Plus also I think Dromquina is the area where he has his Glamping venture/site/place.

They liked us :o We entertained them! Aww shucks :o

:)

It did sound very like John, to be fair. It is nice to know he read our comments.

I want a new spin off show this year, after the main programme. They could have cameras on John and Francis reading this thread and commenting on our posts. It would be them watching us watching them. 'At Your Keyboards' or something

"Would you look at that, Francis? - amdublin likes what we did with the reception area. She is normally very hard to impress. " etc :D

Advertisement