Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Stand: Dead Zone [Zomb MMORPG]

• 28-01-2013 11:32pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like this series is really stepping up it's game, literally.

There've been threads here about TLS and TLS2, both being simple flash games, then there was TLS3 which was more an open exploration mini RPG in the style of the previous two mini-games...

Now there's TLS: Dead Zone, an MMORPG - Gotta say the creators have done pretty well for themselves, going from FTP Flash games to "Pay 2 Win" MMORPG.

If you're not sure what I'm on about, make yourself an Armor Games account (If you haven't already) then check it out:
    The last Stand: Dead Zone.

Not sure if this has been discussed here before but figured I'd open a thread anyway in the event I'm not the only Boards member who's busting their ass trying to fortify their little encampment, or having a blast scavenging through the city, blowing zeds up with shotties or thwacking them with a hefty pipe with my little bunch of survivors.

For all I know I'm probably WAY late to the party - Either way, post in this thread if you're playing it, or interested in playing it.

Uploaded a small video to YouTube of one of my scavenging runs through a Supermarket in a nearby area with three survivors. Scavenging is part of the gameplay, the majority of it is fort-building in preparation for zombie attacks or even assault from rival survivor groups (player raids).

Liking the general concept and the gameplay is addictive albeit slightly buggy at times and especially unhappy with the moderate server crashes - But those are expected when the game is in Beta.

Boardsies up those doors and windows with..
    RopeDrink
    Kromdar
    RiderOnTheStorm
    Zulu - VictorZulu
    Jugger (TBC)
    degrassinoel - Sprucelee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

i'd be interested in giving this a look over. i enjoyed the series so far.
    kinda busy trying my hand at day-z [i'm very late to that party...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

looks good .... I am in .... Say Hello To Cuban George !!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

i am waiting on the comfirmation email its been ten min already
    agggggggghhhh

whats the email address you get your verification from soi can check my blocked list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that looks like a laugh, will give it a blast as soon as i can :) Nice one!

I have only got my main char and 1 other survivor. Any tips on how to get another 1 or 2 survivors? I have increased food & water production, and increased beds avail .......

• Advertisement

think you have to have a positive morale. i remember a game [possibly flash game] where the better your base is, the more people would turn up. i think it had to do with overall happiness.
    the game was reclaim, i think.

anyway is there a way to team up with ohter boardsies? i'm alright holding my own turf but if we could all use the same compound that'd be cool.

I am in Riverside North ..... only a couple of compunds from the north edge of the map ....

thats good to know RopeDrink ......

I got my 3rd survivor now ..... all I got to do now is keep everyone fed & happy!

If its not a stupid question , is it more dangerous to go searching the houses / streets at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Right, you've suckered me into this rightly now! (Victor Zulu is my name on it)

@Ropedrink: can you only upgrade weapons by spending fuel? I have the weapons bench etc, but it seems I need to spend fuel to upgrade - is that right?

I registered for this about an hour ago and I've still not got a confirmation mail (checked spam folders too) back from armor games yet :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

I registered for this about an hour ago and I've still not got a confirmation mail (checked spam folders too) back from armor games yet :/

welcome to the club buddy .....maybe were just not cool enough :o

must be! :D still got nothing back, requested a resend validation but nowt yet either :/

havent been getting any help messages, i think there's different servers for everyone, maybe 20 or so per server.
    IGN is Kromdor. maybe we all post ours? ropedrink ,could you add player's names to the initial post?

i can do that for ye :)

I'm Victor Zulu.

Made a new email address this evening and tried again, still no reply back, checked spam folders too.. nada :/ seems like it's an issue on their end to me. lame.

got to level 7, had a decent base, now the game disconnects me every 5 mins, ergo, cant do missions. no idea if internet connection or not.

seeing as the main way of communicating is radio, whats the best way to get batteries [do i can build one, i have a radio mast already]

yeah got it fine on fb, still no mail back from AG :/ bit miffed at that lol :D

anyways, Sprucelee is wreckin' it in riverside north :)

I think I have mice...

Is there anyway to tell if you've been raided? My wood stocks are always bloody tiny. Am I being farmed?

• Advertisement

I have 4 survivors now :D yeahh!!

Food & Water production is good (finally found rope, so I upgraded my water production .... tooks days to find rope!)

A tip: When removing BIG piles of junk, I get all survivors to work on it (for days!) and then when its an hour from completion, I stop them. Its a way of saving (storing) resources. Handy if you are close to the limit on your storage, because if you allow it to be removed completly, and dont have the storage space for some of the materials, they will get lost / dropped.

Not sure what to make of the game itself, seems like the new version of mafia wars which i dont like at all.. but it's got zombies.. so i dunno. I'll keep rolling with it for now

playing it via armour games. its pretty good, doenst seem that mafiawars-y. anyway my connection keeps cutting out in the middle of missions is really hampering my progress.

Interesting Ropedrink, I think I'll do the same. Btw you were right about the raid, I got a notification thismorning of a failed raid attempt, to which I successfully retaliated.

In other news: thanks a million for telling me about this game, im loving it

so far...
    just got my 6th survivor, need to improve the food storage. 2x recon, 2xfighter, 2xscavenger.
    WILyjp5.jpg

do the floodlights actually light up at all?

how do I get keys to open herc boxes? When I click on "get stock", it appears to think about it for a second (you get a "getting stock" message), then nothing happens.

Also, if anyone has a good source for "bolts" I need some disparately.

I now have a radio .... i thought i could use this to talk to other players, but i cant see how. Anyone know how?

Also, can boardsies post what their player name is, and i will be happy to drop in and help with any upgrades going on .....

I'm Victor Zulu in the game.

Another question for you, sometimes I get a screen listing all the other players. It tells me who's friendly & who's not. I can navigate to it if I've been helped by someone or raided. What I can't do is navigate to it normally. Any idea how?
    I'm eager to use this to start raiding the two boys who raided me to date & to help out friendlies without having to search for them on the map.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Any idea how the item colours work?
    Black = crap
    Grey = normal
    green = good
    blue = great
    purple = awesome

...is it?

Advertisement