Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College girls selling themselves as prostitutes

• 15-11-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

I have only seen this happen a few times around UCD in the past mainly up near halls girls who were mainly from the country, but I've been talking to a few guys who have experienced this around the Pav this year on weeknights from dublin girls

At first I though my mates were deceiving me untill I came across this article

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/danny_boy/irish-students-brace-for-fees-bonanza-as-union-prepares-protest-march-133168508.html
    Perhaps un-coincidentally, as Irish Central recently reported thousands of young Irish women are gaining a foot-hold in the sugar-daddying business, many of them students, who are faced with no alternative but to resort to practical prostitution in order to fund their way through college.
    The considerable surge of young women joining popular sugar-daddying web locales has even caught the interest of the websites' US bosses, with many tying the meteoric rise in subscriptions from Irish customers with the country's economic demise.
    Whether the rise or threatened rise of fees is really forcing Irish students into sugar-daddying or not is debatable, but the fact that it may well be the case is a worrying indication of just how hard any rise in fees is going to be on Irish students.

So have you experienced college girls selling themselves as prostitutes around any of the campus lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I wish they went to my college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭ Hadleigh Crooked Teamster

Yes please :)

Wait.... I don't need to pay for sex. LOL what the fk was I thinking???

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Any half-decent yokes on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'll take two please! Damn I hope there are some foreign exchange students. I would be looking for some Asian twins! "**** me" and "**** you" will do nicely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Friends with benefits seems to be very popular, might as well get paid for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

orourkeda wrote: »
    I wish they went to my college

DCU? :)

Yeah. Others too

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

I would rather drop out of college then do something like that. I know they are being pushed to these extremes because of the government, but I still wouldn't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,952 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

TIT

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

Pretty sad if it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So, girls are selling themselves for 100s or 1000s a pop so they can continue to study and get a €50k a year job?

Hmmmm.... seems plausable!

I'll take two please! Damn I hope there are some foreign exchange students. I would be looking for some Asian twins! "**** me" and "**** you" will do nicely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I think that prostitutes just say that they're doing it for college because it makes it sound like it's a more honourable way of being a whore.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    TIT

TIT? lol

Pretty sad if it's true.

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So, girls are selling themselves for 100s or 1000s a pop so they can continue to study and get a €50k a year job?

Hmmmm.... seems plausable!

I know people who study in dublin however they are from the country and they said it cost about 200 euro's per week to live and study

so maye it is plausable if fees come in:confused:

investment wrote: »
    I know people who study in dublin however they are from the country and they said it cost about 200 euro's per week to live and study

They must be living in a tent on college green

You think that, instead of just dropping out or finding the money elsewhere, "thousands" of girls would hooker themselves out to some rich dude?

I can't see it being true i'm afraid. Maybe a few here and there, but thousands? Not true!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Who are we to deny these girls an education?

Who are we to deny these girls an education?

All they have to do is take a few ping pong balls in the arse every now and then. Its not too much to ask is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Might just head up to the pav for a drink tonight

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is prostitution illegal in Ireland?

If so report them to the cops I say and that will teach them more than any college course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

binxeo wrote: »
    I would rather drop out of college then do something like that. I know they are being pushed to these extremes because of the government, but I still wouldn't!!
    WTF?

Government is making Irish girls in their late teens to become prostitutes? FFS! Ireland is one of the most privileged Places in which to live.

Yakult wrote: »

If so report them to the cops I say and that will teach them more than any college course.

Yeah but having sex with a rich dude you're not attracted to isn't AFAIK!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You think that, instead of just dropping out or finding the money elsewhere, "thousands" of girls would hooker themselves out to some rich dude?

I can't see it being true i'm afraid. Maybe a few here and there, but thousands? Not true!

It's true alright I'm afriad as I've seen it myself and so have my friends. I understand how you think it is not true , but they're hundreds doing this for years now, just more at it now with the economy I suppose:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Yakult wrote: »

No I don't think it is. Soliciting is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

binxeo wrote: »

Pushed to extremes because of the government?

Get a reality check, you cant just take every problem that exists in society and blame the government.

Try and go to college in America where it actually costs money to study, and then come back and give out about the system we have here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

There's any amount of them doing it for zilch and out of their minds any night in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

I think that prostitutes just say that they're doing it for college because it makes it sound like it's a more honourable way of being a whore.

Thats reads like,

• Advertisement

It's true alright I'm afriad as I've seen it myself and so have my friends. I understand how you think it is not true , but they're hundreds doing this for years now, just more at it now with the economy I suppose:confused:

I don't believe you. I've already said that maybe it's happening here and there but you're trying to tell me that it's true that there are hundreds and thousands of them?

What have you seen exactly? I spent 5 years in 3rd level education and further time working in education and i'd never seen a case of this. This isn't to say it's not happening but i'm just saying it's not as widespread as being framed here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement