Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

van rental and excess mileage charges

• 29-04-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi anybody got any advice .i want to hire a van or truck to move my house contents into storage ... Cash buyer bought my home .i have to move my stuff from Ashbourne to Tenure in co louth a distance of 78 kms round trip ...what is the best option .. as i may have to do a couple of trips and i am thinking of the excess mileage allowances .i have a C1 licence so i can hire a truck .:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Moved from Site Development

Not sure if this is the Motors forum ballpark, but since there are no hamsters involved it's not a Site Development issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Get a truck from vantentals.ie. I use them from time to time for trucks, they give 200 km per day allowance and the 18 or 20ft body will move your stuff no bother. Picking up one on Tuesday myself to move a set for a play in the All Ireland competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 billbee

hi thanks for the reply but to be honest i haven't got a clue what you are saying regarding my query .cheers
    billbee

TrailerBob wrote: »
    Get a truck from vantentals.ie. I use them from time to time for trucks, they give 200 km per day allowance and the 18 or 20ft body will move your stuff no bother. Picking up one on Tuesday myself to move a set for a play in the All Ireland competition.
    Hi there Trailer Bob many thanks for the reply it is very much appreciated how much are they charging you for the day ;) thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

If you are going to end up with alot of excess mileage it may work out cheaper to rent the van/truck for an extra day, as the daily allowance generally works out far cheaper than the excess rate for milage

• Advertisement

Many thanks TPM for the reply i will check that out cheers Billbee :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Check their website for a quote, takes 2 minutes. I'm renting for extended periods a couple of times a year so get a good rate for that reason. Service is excellent too

Advertisement