Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I have alot of old vhs tapes and a few dvds but most of my wrestling media is saved on my external hard drive.Il take a screenshot when I figure out how to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Goldberg had a nice recovery to be fair haha, got my brother the WM 23 off WWE.com with the t-shirt and program for his birthday, got the Eddie Guerrero dvd for my troubles not bad but a tad short.

I'll admit I nearly cried haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

krudler wrote:
    my hats off to you,thats a damn fine collection

It sure is.................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

[DVDs.jpg

Thats my entire collection give or take. Couldnt have been arsed seperating the wrestling from non wrestling, but you get the idea (ie i spend too much money on wretling DVDs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

gimmick wrote:
    Thats my entire collection give or take. Couldnt have been arsed seperating the wrestling from non wrestling, but you get the idea (ie i spend too much money on wretling DVDs!!!!

The ROH 5th Year Finale series looks cool, I hadn't seen them together before. Like the Mr Men books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

gimmick wrote:
    Some I have never watched again. Like PWG DVDs I find very hard to re watch (that said, i find PWG difficult to get into due to lack of any commenatry.).

The PWG DVDs do have commentary, you just have to access it yourself through the audio settings on your DVD player.

There is a buy3 get one free on ROH at the moment. There are a few new releases out today also - Reborn Again, Respect Is Earned (pre order) and A Fight At The Bloomsbury.

I was going to stay away from ROH for a few months as Ive been overkill for a while now, but there are some great matches on the above. I bought Good Times: Great Memories, Fighting Spirit, Reborn Again and Bloomsbury. Ill get Respect Is Earned once it is released.

On a side note, has anyone who ordered the KOE Cup recieved any updates with regard to the DVDs? I paid for mine on pre order, they were meant to be released 11 June, but nada yet and no response to my emails.

gimmick wrote:
    On a side note, has anyone who ordered the KOE Cup recieved any updates with regard to the DVDs? I paid for mine on pre order, they were meant to be released 11 June, but nada yet and no response to my emails.

I heard at the start of the month that there were some legal issues with the publishing of the dvd, but that they had been sorted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I bought the Fifth year ROH Liverpool festival from wrestlemania and guess what, there was no color. I was outraged.

I went in to get history of the ladder match and they didnt have it. Their collection is poor.

I bought the Fifth year ROH Liverpool festival from wrestlemania and guess what, there was no color. I was outraged.

I would guess that that might have been because the dvds are in NTSC format and you might have been playing it on a PAL format tv. Try it on a newer tv and it will probably work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yeah Wrestling Mania get a lot of NTSC format as their stuff tends to come in from the US. If your TV is more than five years old it's gonna play them back in black and white. Play them on a PC or on a more recent TV and it shouldn't have any problem with it.

VR!

Voila, thanks a million. Should the guy at the counter not tell me this when I go to buy the DVD? I would have thought as a consumer I'm entitled to know that my freakin TV is too old to play a DVD.

Voila, thanks a million. Should the guy at the counter not tell me this when I go to buy the DVD? I would have thought as a consumer I'm entitled to know that my freakin TV is too old to play a DVD.

Last i checked they do have a sign saying that they need a multi-region DVD player, meaning they will sell American DVDs as well. After that, It's up to the consumer to check the back of the DVD to see what region it is, what format it is, and if it will work with their equipment.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen:

697053536a4975000926l.jpg

697053536a4975025663l.jpg

697053536a4975041697l.jpg

I know Irish people don't generally say this but, that is awesome!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

krudler wrote:
    thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen

oooh Mr. Big Shot with your 8ft Titantron!!!:eek: :eek: :D:D

Nah only messing, looks amazing! I`m unbelievably jealous:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

krudler wrote:
    thought id give mania 23 a spin on my projector this evening to see how it looked, damn good i must say,note to self,watch more wrestling on an 8ft screen:

697053536a4975000926l.jpg

697053536a4975025663l.jpg

697053536a4975041697l.jpg

That's class.

Please excuse me while i bow the f*ck down! That puts my 42" to shame! :D
    Just added Mania 23 to my collection today incidently, will give it a spin and see if it's any better (in my opinion) the second time around.

VR!

id recommend a projector to anyone if youve got the wallspace,i dont even have a screen just a light cream coloured wall,have my xbox 360 hooked up to it too,you havent played gears of war until youve played it on a giant screen:D ,theyre way cheaper than tvs too,i paid 700e for that and its pretty much an entry level one,but it does 480p hd as well so it looks great

697053536a3674773043b839484165l.jpg

I think I've got my birthday present sorted out!

• Advertisement

Anyone have any idea where I might pick up some New Japan Pro Wrestling stuff? Seen a bit of it on British Eurosport 2 and it looks good enough.

gimmick wrote:
    Anyone have any idea where I might pick up some New Japan Pro Wrestling stuff? Seen a bit of it on British Eurosport 2 and it looks good enough.

www.purodvdsource.com is very good. $5 for recent shows and the maximum delivery charge is $5. A lot cheaper than any other sites I've come across. New Japan has been the best Japanese promotion this year as far as I've seen and heard

Cheers. As Im fairly anal on these things, are they originals or copies. if its the latter, no good!

The only place I know of that sells official New Japan dvds is the New Japan site at http://shop.njpw.co.jp/pcshop/php/goods_list.php?CNO=11. Fairly complicated unless you understand Japanese. The first site I mentioned always has great quality dvds if that's what you're worried about though. www.ivpvideos.com is good too

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

TNA are doing a 14-dvd special on their shop,comes out to arond 90 yo-yos including shipping,more info here:

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1482

gamestop are doing a 3 for 2 on all wrestling dvds at the mo, picked up the horsemen,road warriors and king of the ring 2002 for 53 quid yesterday which aint bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

i was down in clare for midweek and got the monday night war, history of d-generation x and the stone cold truth for 28 quid under the same offer in gamestop hehe

about the collection i only really got into wrestling about 5 years ago and dont really have many dvds but i have all the ppvs from the last 4 years (minus one or two) on video from taping them off sky sports, i know i shouldnt do it but its better than paying 35 euro or so for the wrestlemania dvds. (although i probably will buy them when video dies out)

about the collection i only really got into wrestling about 5 years ago and dont really have many dvds but i have all the ppvs from the last 4 years (minus one or two) on video from taping them off sky sports, i know i shouldnt do it but its better than paying 35 euro or so for the wrestlemania dvds. (although i probably will buy them when video dies out)

The whole original releases vs live airings have been done to death. The DVD releases uses to have good extras, buildups to matches, making of commercials, heat matches and interviews, but WWE have made a hash of those unless it's any of the first four popular PPVs. But they're often edited.

The live airings are usually where you have all the proper music, botches etc all intact. So it's really a matter of personal preference and how fussy you are with picture quality. One serious piece of advice is if you have a load of videos and free time, invest in a dvd recorder and transfer em to dvd, then get shot of the tapes, you'll have a safer backup of your collection and you'll save a sh*tload of space ;)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

TNA are doing a 14-dvd special on their shop,comes out to arond 90 yo-yos including shipping,more info here:

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1482
    Thanks for the heads up on that one. Luckily I managed to order a set before they sold out! Also I just found this site: www.wrestlingflix.com and they have a great deal on wrestling DVD'S. You can pick up 3 TNA Best of DVD's for just over €30 shipped and PPV'S are €12 each so it might be worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Thanks for the heads up on that one. Luckily I managed to order a set before they sold out! Also I just found this site: www.wrestlingflix.com and they have a great deal on wrestling DVD'S. You can pick up 3 TNA Best of DVD's for just over €30 shipped and PPV'S are €12 each so it might be worth checking out.

Same here,twas too good a deal to pass up in fairness! Will give that other site a look-see,thanks bud.

Advertisement