Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nectar Card with points in Sainsbury - worth it?

• 25-08-2011 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

[Embedded Image Removed]

Just wondering if it is worthwhile getting one of these in you live in the republic? My wife was given one last time we where up north, she was told to register online but I think she was asked for a UK postcode when doing it so she just abandoned the attempt. Is it worthwhile collecting the nectar points, we only really go shopping up north around 4 times a year anyway.

Cheers:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

About as worth it as it would be to do the Tesco or Dunnes ones at home. Probably not if you only visit a couple of times a year (though you can collect the points at a variety of retailers). Unless you're spending huge money up there and then you'd be silly not to join!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

BT1 1AA or BT48 7UU

You get 2 points for every pound spent, and you can redeem 500 points at a time in store. 2 points = 1p, so 500 is £2.50. You can collect Nectar points through the Nectar toolbar (50 per month) for doing Yahoo searches -> 2 searches = 1 point. Also, you can earn points at amazon.co.uk, play.com, ebay, hmv, zavvi, etc:

http://www.nectar.com/collect-online/retailers-a-z.points

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

thanks Dun;
    ordered mine today, buy a lot of dvd,s on Amazon . and shop in Belfast a few times a year,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I have one and shop in Derry about once a month. Definitely worth it. The points seem to rack up faster than on my Superquinn card that I use a few times a week. Everytime I go they give me a voucher for more double or triple points next time. Also very handy for Amazon, Ebay and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Sprucefield said it was no problem for me to use their postcode in the application. The problem after that is that you can't register your card using your Irish address, because it is locked against that N.I. postcode. (even though the call center and customer service both say you can :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ian Graham

livEwirE wrote: »
    Hi all,

[Removed Image]

Just wondering if it is worthwhile getting one of these in you live in the republic? My wife was given one last time we where up north, she was told to register online but I think she was asked for a UK postcode when doing it so she just abandoned the attempt. Is it worthwhile collecting the nectar points, we only really go shopping up north around 4 times a year anyway.

Cheers:D

Nectar is not very good. I used to put about £3500 of diesel per year through BP who operate Nectar. When I went to sainsbutys at Christmas this got me about £20 of my shop. Tesco reward is much better.

Ian Graham

Advertisement