Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mcpodgemeister

CASTING FOR SHORT FILM - HYENA

Auditon's are taking place for a no budget short film being produced by Pinchhitter Films.
    The film is set to shoot in Mid July and auditions will be taking place on Monday 20th June.

HYENA

Silent short following a group of disadvantaged kids and their activities shot as a wildlife documentary.

Roles
    Lead Male 18 - 25
    Slim
    Young but Jaded

If you are interested, please contact Pinchhitterfilms@gmail.com with a link to website, head shots or showreel.

We can then give you a time and location for the audition and provide you with an extract.

Thanks

Pinch Hitter Films

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Auditions for Blue Gun Theatre's 'LIVE MOVIE QUIZ SHOW' will take place on Thursday 30th June from 6 - 8 pm, downstairs in The Mercantile, Dame St, Dublin 2.

We are looking to cast 3 Male & 1 Female to play characters in the stage adaption of scene's form:
    • Dumb & Dumber
    • Clerks II
    • Wedding Crashers
    • Mystery Scene
    Actors must be available for rehearsals between Friday 1st July & Wednesday 13th July.

Actors will be paid 10%, each, of ticket sales for their performance on Thursday 14th of July.

For more information on the event, click:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056301833

If you are interested, PM myself or Arlo Jealous Sludge, for a slot, or alternatively contact 087 764 0204.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cathalcheunt

Looking for actors and actresses from 16 - 20 to attend Open Auditions this Wednesday 6th July in town from between 12 and 5:30. Actors have to be at least 16. No previous experience necessary

Please email: conor.mcmahon@gmail.com for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gep2011

Music film for the launch of Geppetto EP at Kilkenny Arts Festival.

Have the freedom to self choreograph for a short film and work directly with the director.

CRITERIA:

- BALLET &/OR MODERN DANCE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE.
    - FREE 25TH OF JULY TO FILM THE ENTIRE DAY AT MOUNT JULIET, CO. KILKENNY.

BENEFITS:

- WORK WITH A SMALL FILM CREW
    - HAIR AND MAKEUP ON SET
    - WEAR A COSTUME SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED BY A FASHION DESIGNER
    - HAVE A PROFESSIONALLY EDITED SHORT FILM AND STILLS TO ADD TO YOUR PORTFOLIO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Blackcat stranded

We are looking for a female lead in a feature film.
    This is not paid work. All money will be put into making the film look and sound as good as it can, which will benefit everyone. You will incur no costs; taxi’s, food, etc. will be taken care of.

We are looking for an actress, playing age roughly 23-35, for the female lead in a feature film to be shot in October in Howth, Dublin, over 2 weeks.
    We would like to emphasize that experience is not necessary for the audition and that the character has no defined nationality so we encourage both non-Irish and Irish actresses to contact us and audition.
    If you are looking for a challenging part contact us.
    We will hold the auditions within the next two weeks, send us an email and from that we will let you know about the audition.

--

'DEATH WAITS'

A dying house, a dying Father, a dying marriage. He showed her death. She found a life worth killing for.
    Lily lives with her husband she feels nothing for, his dying Father who everyone wants dead and the Father’s nurse, Gabriel, who almost kills her. This twisted story takes Lily on a dangerous affair with Gabriel and forces her between the Father and everyone else for possession of the house. Ultimately it’s the House that decides who lives and who dies.

LILY – character description
    Lily has lived her thirty years unaffected, uninterested and unsatisfied with what life has offered her; she just goes through the motions. She cares for nothing, not even if she lives or dies. After she is almost killed, everything changes, she wants. The story charts her development from not caring if she lives or dies to living a life worth killing for.

For examples of our previous work go to our website

http://www.blackcatstranded.com/

Our last film 'Imprint' was shot in January, completed in April, and just shown at the Galway Film Fleadh.

Director: Redmond Fitzpatrick
    Producer: Mark Phillips
    email us:
    info@blackcatstranded.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

My theatre group, On Q Theatre Company, are looking for a male actor for a specific part in our upcoming play. The play is "Two" by Jim Cartwright and we're looking for an actor to play the part of the Landlord.

About On Q Theatre Company;
    We formed in 2007 to produce and stage Ray Cooney’s “Run For Your Wife”. Since then we’ve staged two productions a year and have toured the theatres of Ireland extensively. Based in the North Kildare area, our production team have vast and varied experience in amateur and professional theatre. We entered the One-Act drama festivals in 2009 under the name “Dark Horse” drama group. We were very successful, winning numerous festivals and awards on our way to the finals in Longford.

Synopsis of the play “Two”;
    A sharp and touching slice of English life set in a Northern England Pub owned by a bickering husband and wife. “Two” is a series of short scenes that combine pathos and humour, with all fourteen characters played by two actors. During the course of the evening assorted customers pass through, including a little boy left behind by his father - an event which triggers a movement towards a fragile reconciliation between the pub couple, as their own dark tragedy is revealed. "Two" is a sad, harrowing and also hilariously funny play which displays many different lives and lifestyles in a very well written and sometimes raw but always interesting script.

We generally rehearse twice or three times per week, in the North Kildare area (Maynooth/Kilcock). We’re looking for a male actor aged between 30 and 40 who’s versatile, good with accents, and likes a challenge. It goes without saying that productions like this require a big commitment. We'll hold readings/auditions over the next week or so.

If you’re interested please email us a portfolio with headshots.
    PM me for contact details or if you’ve any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Blake Norton

ACTORS WANTED for feature film, Cork City

Actors are required for a feature film scheduled to be shot January 2012 in Cork City.

There are 52 total roles in the film, and all accents are considered. Some key speaking roles include:

MALE – Schoolkid – 8-15.
    MALE – Adam – 18 – 25.
    MALE – Emmett – 28 – 35.
    MALE – Storekeeper – 40 – 60
    MALE – Old Man - 65+
    FEMALE – Schoolkid – 8-15
    FEMALE – Shorty – 18 – 25
    FEMALE – Emer – 22 – 38
    FEMALE – Teacher – 35+
    FEMALE – Adam’s mother – 45+

Send CVs, Head shots, Samples & Showreels to my e-mail address below. Initial auditions are scheduled to begin on August 15th, 2012.

Blake Norton
    e: Blake@BlakeNorton.com
    m: (086) 128 0558

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stavros440

You Wanna Do a Panto???

Tempus Drama are having their Script Read and Info Night for Cinderella in the Clasac Theatre, on the Alfie Byrne Road, Clontarf, on 1st September.

If you're over 8 years old and would like to dance, sing or act, Tempus Drama will whet your appetite. It doesn't matter if you've never done any of the above, in fact, this is your perfect opportunity to get a pinch of experience! Who knows, you might love it! Either way, as with everything Tempus Drama do, it promises to be a bit of craic and a memorable experience.

So, do I have your attention? Are your hairs standing on the back of your neck? Do you need a tissue to wipe the drool of your chin?....Well, you should!

If you have any questions or want to introduce yourself to us,

add us on Facebook (Tempus Drama)
    Callus at 0876716093
    Or E-mail us at tempusdrama@gmail.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Headspun

Male 50 - based in Dublin, with good amateur/semi-p stage experience looking for challenging role

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sam V Smith

Hello to y'all there

For any-one who might be interested I am looking to advertise my services in the area of showreel editing.

I won't drag this post on too long, but I welcome any-one who might be interested to get in touch at samsmithmail(AT)gmail.com

Please mention if you would like to view any demonstrations of previous work, I have plenty of showreels edited up for UK actors which I can supply upon request.

My most recently edited showreel also happens to be my own. You can catch it here http://www.vimeo.com/27991705

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

"We will be seeking additional members for our performance ensemble this Autumn. Some casting will take place from within our Improv Workshop Sessions, but actors with improv experience are also welcome to apply as well. Please send your info to Clare: spontaneoustheatre@gmail.com or phone 086 031 9224"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Beady Eye

Hi All,

We are looking for all Rent-Heads out there who would like to perform in an amateur Portlaoise production of the brilliant Rock Opera 'RENT' which takes place in The Dunamaise Theatre (Arts Centre) on the 29th September 2011. This is a one-off chance to perform this amazing show so please reply or PM me if interested.

Please Note:
    We are particularly looking for a strong male vocalist/actor to audition for the role of 'Angel' as well as additonal chorus members. We are 5 weeks to the show and if you'd like to join our amazing cast we would ask that you commit to attending rehearsals etc which take place in Portlaoise on Tues/Thurs evenings at 8pm.

Thanks,
    Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Feego

Actress wanted for South Dublin drama group for the up and coming One Act Festival circuit. Will play Lilly Ann (who is 20-30yrs) in McEwen Green's "Sequence of Events".
    Our drama group made it to the All Ireland finals last year and we would love to have you come with us this year. We got let down by the actress who had planned on playing the role. We desperatly need to fill the role as our opening night is close upon us! First performance on 05/11/11.
    ANY interest contact me ASAP!!!!!!!
    Damien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jjaybird

Has the position already gone? I would be happy to audition if you are still looking! Do you have any contact information eg email or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

Scary Actors Wanted

For our event “Tour of Shadows”, as part of the Spirits of Meath Festival, we are currently looking for adult actors who are not afraid of the dark!

You must be available for a meeting on Tuesday 11th October at 8pm, for rehearsals from Saturday 22nd to Thursday 27th of October at 7-10pm and for the event from Friday 28th to Monday 31st October at 7pm.

For more information please contact oulala productions on 087 9747682.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 KateyH

I am currently casting for a no budget, horror/thriller short film. I am looking for child actors between the ages of 11 and 15. No experiance necessary. Auditions will be held Friday 28th of October. Call Katey on 085 2128231 if intrested and a script will be emailed. While actors are only working for credits, all transport and on set expenses will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

Hi guys,

I'm working on a very original project at the moment with an electronica artist and need to source 5 female actors for the music video. The style will be very provocative and visually striking. Some dance choreography will be involved in a neo-futuristic style. Think of a cross between some of the strangest madonna videos and lady gaga on a good day!

Here is the track: http://grouse.bandcamp.com/track/twisted it's by an excellent artist and the resulting video should be seen by a lot of people.

Filming will take place in early to mid December in the Dublin area.

The shoot will be unpaid but I may be able to cover transport costs and of course I will make sure you are well taken care of on the day.. this includes make up, costume and many cups of tea and sandwiches as required :) Insurance is also covered.

If you are interested in what will be an extremely unique experience send me an email with a headshot and details of height (as the dance routine requires some uniformity in this regard) and I'll get back to you with more details. Or if you would like to call me my number is below.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kenan email: khruken@yahoo.ie
    Ph: 0863737826

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 KateyH

Hi guys, I'm a film student from Bray, Co. Wicklow and I'm looking for two dancers for an upcmining music video.

I'm looking for a male and female, age and looks don't matter. Basically it's a slowish romantic indie song and I need two dancers to play the couple. My inspiration for this video in Texas 'In demand' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4-gNN8WRHo.

As I'm not a dancer myself I'm also looking for dancers who can choreograph themselves.

Unfortunatly this is not a paying job but dancers can use this for showreels and also will get choreography credits. If Interested PM me or email kateyharvey100@gmail.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Iseult27

Audition for short Irish horror film, Friday 18th November, Filmbase Ireland, Temple Bar, Dublin. Actors needed to play two teenage boys and one teenage girl. Filming early December. No prepared pieces required, a script will be provided on the day.

Friday 18th November in Filmbase Ireland. Job is unpaid.

• Advertisement

Auditions for a short horror film, "Vacant Lot" are being held this Friday, the 18th November, from 2-5pm in Filmbase Ireland, Temple Bar, Dublin.

Parts to cast: 2 teenage boys, 1 teenage girl

Shooting early December.
    Unpaid job but food, travel expenses etc will be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 e0ghan

Looking for actors (end of February)!

We're a group of film students in St. John's. As part of the main project this year, we are looking for people to fill the following roles. There will more than likely be no payment, but we'll be happy to give you credit and write a letter of reference. The project consists of a scripted Graham Norton-style show (except it's a scripted comedy), it will take place over just one day, and it will end up approximately 15 minutes long. The writing will have a tasteful and natural tone to it, while still being funny.

*HOST (male, 24-40): A chatty, lively professional, who is never short on words, and who has a sharp tongue only matched by his equally sharp suit (if you haven't got a suit, don't worry, we'll get one for you)!

*DIRECTOR (male, 24-30): An up-and-coming new talent. Introverted, with depth to his character, the director is an artist.

*HOLLYWOOD STAR (male, 24-40): One of the key characters, and one that the actor can have a lot of fun with, he's really really arrogant, and a terrible actor (this role has an additional day's shooting -a clip of a movie that he has starred in recently-, most likely outdoors).

*FEMALE COMEDIAN/ACTRESS (24-40): One of the most interesting roles, the comedian has to have a professional attitude while still bringing the funny (which will be scripted so don't worry!). She will have to put up with a bit of sexism, and the knowledge that she's smarter than anyone else on stage. (this role has an additional day's shooting -a clip of a movie that she has starred in recently-, most likely outdoors).

If you are interested in any of these roles, send me a private message!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Feego

Hi there

Actor and Actresess wanted for production of Martin McDonnagh's The Cripple of Inismaan by Martello Productions (South Dublin). Last year's production took us to the Manx Drama Festival in the Isle of Man and we are hoping to appear again this year, as well as to perform locally.

Two Actresses needed (aged 40+) to play the role of the mother and of one of the cripple's step-mothers.

Actor with a young look needed also to play a teenager.

ANY interest or any questions, don't hessitate to contact me!
    Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SteffiiRose

Last repects is a short, quirky no budget drama about Leon, a 30 something year old man who died suddenly and is now stuck in purgatory, which is really his own body. He gets help from St.Peter, aka Pete who shows him what people really thought of him while there at his funeral.

We are currently casting for an actor who can play the role of St. Peter, aka Pete. Not fussy on looks or age.

We are also casting for an actor who can play the role of Leon a 30+ man who died suddenly but is stuck in his own body (purgatory).

We are finally casting for an actor who can play the role of Mary. Leons Wife.

Even though we have no budget, a copy of the final production will be given to you. Filming is at the end of January and casting will be on the 3rd or4th. If interested contact last_repects@hotmail.com.
    Hoping to hear from you soon!
    Steffii.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Ate you still looking for people?!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SteffiiRose

suntottie wrote: »
    Ate you still looking for people?!

Cheers

Hi Sun,
    Yes we are. I pm'ed you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Neil Antoni

First-time production team in Wexford seeking the following.
    College age Female - Central Character.
    Senior Male (50+) - Main Character with another of same description already cast.
    Male 20s or 30s (not mandatory). Brief appearance, mostly voice.

Once cast a schedule for sometime early in the new year will be put together. It is intended, if possible, to shoot over one weekend, two if needed. Amateur writer/director. Amateur but very clever crew of two. No pay but DVD for showreel is offered. If finished product turns out as hoped it will be actively entered into every festival that will take it at home and abroad.
    Please email for phone number for chat.
    Kindest Regards
    laceyn@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tabstheatre

Hey everyone, we are currently looking for someone new to join the Tabs team so I thought I'd post details up here just in case anyone is interested in applying. If you have any questions you can email me. The address is below.

Thanks

Tabs Theatre Productions is currently seeking individuals for the role of Publicity and Audience Development Manager.
    We are in pre-production for two new shows this year and would love to hear from people who are passionate about theatre production.
    The successful candidate will initially come on board for two productions in 2012 with a view to extending this. The first project will take place in Smock Alley in May and the second will take place in the Project Theatre in November. Both are brand new and cutting edge dramas.

You can find out more about the company at www.tabstheatre.com and on facebook.
    Please send an email detailing any relevant experience and/or questions you may have to tabstheatreco@yahoo.ie
    Tabs Theatre Productions is a profit-sharing company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EASC

I am Shooting a Student Graduacation Showcase Film and I am looking for two actresses.

If you are intrested in looking at the script please contact me on my email adress the_elise_carty@yahoo.com .

Thank you

P.S. I am not advertising on this site, I am just asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Neil Antoni

First-time production team in Wexford seeking the following.
    College age Female - Central Character.
    Senior Male (50+) - Main Character with another of same description already cast.
    Male 20s or 30s (not mandatory). Brief appearance, mostly voice.

Once cast a schedule for sometime early in the new year will be put together. It is intended, if possible, to shoot over one weekend, two if needed. Amateur writer/director. Amateur but very clever crew of two. No pay but DVD for showreel is offered. If finished product turns out as hoped it will be actively entered into every festival that will take it at home and abroad.
    Please email for phone number for chat.
    Kindest Regards
    laceyn@eircom.net

UPdate: Male 20s or 30s (not mandatory). Brief appearance, mostly voice. - This part has now been cast.

Advertisement