Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Its sunny outside Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Kurz wrote: »
    It's the novelty behaviour
    What country have you been living in for the last eight months? This is a novelty in every imaginable way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    What country have you been living in for the last eight months? This is a novelty in every imaginable way.

Yes I know. I used the word "novelty" there to decribe the novelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

My Gran died this afternoon. What a day to shuffle off!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Wasn't that great here in arklow, sunny and warm but a cold wind ruined things for most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

What a fabulous day. Who would ever ask to go on holiday anywhere else if we got a few months of this weather.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    What a fabulous day. Who would ever ask to go on holiday anywhere else if we got a few months of this weather.
    Looks like its back to business as usual next week, so make the most of it! I'm going to throw a dart at the calendar and take a week off to go walkabout the wesht, I don't care if it rains constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Looks like its back to business as usual next week, so make the most of it! I'm going to throw a dart at the calendar and take a week off to go walkabout the wesht, I don't care if it rains constantly.

Hopefully July and August will be good, we can but hope. The west is always a good place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

unfortunately it brings out the rough crowd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is it raining again next week? Thank ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Kurz wrote: »
    +1. I don't hate the sun as such, I can take or leave it. It's the novelty behaviour of the Irish people that gets on my nerves. The whole country turns into a jogging/powerwalking/cycling track and the rest act as if they're on a sun holiday Costa El Tomato. I'm going to take note of how long the novelty takes to wear off for future reference.

why so miserable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what a day. went for a walk along the abandoned railway line in tinaheely. got burned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I got to stand and look out at the sun today and yesterday 9.30 til 8pm.. :(while working on sweaty heads and listening to how all these guys were planning on how best to fry in the sun.. with drink?? without..?? with suncream ??without.??.then i got home to my 4 kids going crazy from heat and i have just sat down to relax..have to do it all again tomorrow and i bet sunday it'll be bloody east wind freezing . . I'm only supposed to work 2 days but this week i've had to do 4 days and 2 late evenings. . . fupping typical . .it'll rain and i'm stuck at home . .
    But still tips are way better when the sun shines cos everyone feels sorry for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Went to Mount Usher gardens in Ashford here in Wicklow today with a friend of mine and we took lots of photos of the beautiful flowers, plants and trees.
    22 acres of paradise, loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Salthill and the Spanish Arch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Glorious sunburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

All these wimin going around with their flesh on, I feel like a cat in a room full of bouncing balls of thread! By the time I regain my focus I actually dont know what street I'm on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Loving the sun at the moment, today I went fishing, went to the beach, got buckled.

What more can you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

What a cracking morning!!!!!

:D

Fun will be had today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

today is the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I'm in work here enjoying the sun. (I'm posting this off my iPhone 4S)
    Everyone one is in great form naturally. I had a late night but I got out of bed so easily. Really enjoying myself now even in work. if everyday was like this I was be the happiest man ever. I feel so good.

Anyway, a lot of people will feel like this. But next week we'll be back to dull grey cloudy days an people will be miserable again.

Do people incountries with a warm climate feel great every day too, or is it unique to us because our weather is so poor. Would it just wear off over time?

I want to emigrate just for weather like this. It's amazing :)

Lots of love,
    Teddy ;)

People from warm countries (myself included) generally* do not talk about the weather (there are actually jokes about how people from the western world like to talk about the weather). It's 24 degrees on average all year round where I am from but I effing hate it. I cannot wait for the fall and winter to get here. In this weather, I miss home and the fact that it gets dark when it's supposed to be dark. These long days are doing my head in- thank god I am going home in two weeks!!:D

*Unless you're a farmer or something.
    Sea Filly wrote: »
    My Gran died this afternoon. What a day to shuffle off!

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

In the back garden eating ice-cream & sunning myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Today I had to drink gin because the hangover I had was so bad I thought I was going to die.

How did you enjoy the sun today?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I stayed in my bedroom with the curtains closed and a fan on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I spent the first half of the day studying for an exam I thought I had tomorrow. And I'm spending this half of the day studying for the actual exam I have tomorrow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

joke ruined by boards merge. :C

Tis like wading through hot, moist velvet. I'm going skinnydipping later in the North Atlantic far from human habitation, that'll sort me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Its been sh*te in Cork all day. :mad:

Coming down from Dublin this morning, it was glorious...til we hit Mitchelstown.

Looks like God is not a Corkonian after all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

telekon wrote: »
    Looks like God is not a Corkonian after all. ;)

If he was, Moses wouldn't be able to understand him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Today was more chilled out. Sitting in the sun reading, a workout and then a drive. The roads were empty and everything looked great. I only regret that 99...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Nothing more refreshing then a cold one in the sun with pals :) super sunny weekend!

Loving the sun ... Proper farmers tan on me now :O
    Dreading tomorrow ... Back to sitting in an office sweating :(

Roll in a sunny bank hol weekend :cool:

Advertisement