Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which webcam to get?

• 03-03-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

So Ive been looking into webcams recently (Im hoping to use it for blogtv and skype and the like) and the best one I can find is the Logitech 910 from the looks of things although I cant find one without it costing me waaay too much for a webcam (80-100! D:) So I was just wondering what would be an equal alternative to a logitech 910?

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

If you're looking for 1080p, the C910 is a no-brainer. The Microsoft LifeCam Studio is a tad cheaper and offers better audio recording quality but (although capable of 1080p) it can only hold a candle to the Logitch up to 720p.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Willow01

I think Id want the best video quality possible and as decent audio as I could get :/ I hear microsoft cams arent all that great for the most part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Willow01 wrote: »
    I think Id want the best video quality possible and as decent audio as I could get :/ I hear microsoft cams arent all that great for the most part?

Oh. the LiveCam Studio is pretty good but when it comes to full HD video quality, the Logitech really is a no-brainer. You can record the audio with a decent microphone to make up for its "shortcomings".

Advertisement