Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warmflow boiler leaking.

• 28-10-2011 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have a warmflow kabin pak green90 oil boiler that is leaking water. Looks like the shell is cracked somewhere. Does anyone know anywhere in the midlands I can get a secondhand one? If I get one, are they easily interchanged? Whats involved in changing it?(is it just disconnecting the electrics, draining the system, shuting off the oil supply etc?) Will it be easy to fit a different brand? If I need a pro to do it, roughly how much will it cost me? Any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

You need a "pro" to look at it, its unlikely the "shell" is cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

Shells cracked alright, there's no other way for the water to get in. I fitted a new bathroom with out the help of a pro and am pretty sure i can swap a like for like boiler. Imjust wondering how much it might cost if i need to get someone .I can do the electrics my self.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Not unlikely at all, most shells come with a 3-5 year warranty, most installers will replace entire boiler rather than drain and attempt to weld

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

You won't get like for like as you can only fit a condensing appliance and will save approx 10% on fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

DGOBS wrote: »
    You won't get like for like as you can only fit a condensing appliance and will save approx 10% on fuel
    No, fitting a secondhand standard efficiency boiler.Don't have the money for a new boiler.

• Advertisement
Advertisement