Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business for sale - where to advertise?

• 09-04-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I run a small but worthwhile wedding business and due to personal reasons am looking to sell it.

Can anyone tell me the best way / place to advertise it? It's not going to be a huge investment for someone - would suit a first time entrepreneur looking to spend under €5k.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you believe there is some sort of brand equity in it, I would try to sell it to a competitor or a person in a related sector. It is worth their while paying something to buy it, if it has a reputation or relationship with suppliers.

I'd imagine that the last thing the wedding industry needs, to be honest, is more people coming into the market.

If it generates leads, it might actually be worth a bit more than you say, although I obviously have no idea.

Think about being flexible with purchasing terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

you could put a small ad in the sunday business post. give a very brief outline and an email address see what interest you get. If you have an accountant ask them would they advertise it around competitors or other investors

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OddOneOut

Thank you everyone.

Advertisement