Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aston Villa to get relegated - 14/1

• 27-02-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭

Just lost their main goalscorer for the rest of the season and another good striker in Keane so theyl be struggling for goals now. Alrite they have a decent cushion (8 points) from the relegation zone and have ok fixtures coming up too but under McLeish (who brought local rivals Birmingham down last year) theyve been poor enough.

Its probably a longshot but if they dont pick up any points in the next 3, they have a tough run til the end of the season. And at this stage of the season, there seems to be always one surprisng team who gets caught in the mix..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

Blackburn away up next for them who, in Yakubu, have a striker that's terrorised every team in the league this season. Villa are dour as it is under McLeish with a striker so can imagine them sitting back for a miserable draw without one. Odds surely in Blackburns favour & a win would put just 5 points between the 2 sides.

Wolves should avail of the 'honeymoon period' so between QPR & Villa for me, in the event of a morale-boosting win for Blackburn on Saturday (particularly as they've the easier run-in). Definitely worth a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Dunne also out for a while. Small stakes, could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

They'll be ok, they have Heskey! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    They'll be ok, they have Heskey! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

It should be a lot longer than 14\1 now.

If they beat bolton at home next week it should be 100\1.

There are at least five teams in that league that are a lot worse than aston villa

• Advertisement

Niall0001 wrote: »
    Blackburn away up next for them who, in Yakubu, have a striker that's terrorised every team in the league this season. Villa are dour as it is under McLeish with a striker so can imagine them sitting back for a miserable draw without one. Odds surely in Blackburns favour & a win would put just 5 points between the 2 sides.

Wolves should avail of the 'honeymoon period' so between QPR & Villa for me, in the event of a morale-boosting win for Blackburn on Saturday (particularly as they've the easier run-in). Definitely worth a tenner.

You'd have got more satisfaction wiping your hole with a tenner.

You cant tell me that Villa are in the worst three teams in that league. Wigan are as good as down and QPR cant win a game to save their lives at the minutes. Wolves made the biggest mistake of the season sacking mick mccarthy

There was never a chance they'd get relegated and a win at home to Bolton would make relegation almost impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Can't see it happening tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

It's on! They are getting closer and closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

It's on! They are getting closer and closer!

Ya that cheeky 5er wasnt too bad after all:pac: Probably bounce back next week though:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

that manager is the worst of the worst

id rather bring back Dr. Jozef Vengloš than have him at villa park.

* google needed for spelling lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

good bet if it was 50/1

that manager is the worst of the worst

id rather bring back Dr. Jozef Vengloš than have him at villa park.

* google needed for spelling lol

Wolves are down. So its five teams for 2 spots. If Villa manage to beat Bolton at home they'll be fine.

I'll still be more than surprised if they manage to end up in the bottom three at the end of the season.

if villa do go down they absolutely deserve it, they only need a few wins to stay up.

even if they stay up they need a whole sale clear out at the club next season.

Maybe McLeish will get the Liverpool job if he takes Villa down :p

Hmmm that Wigan result makes this very interesting now. Massive couple of games for Villa coming up now especially v Bolton

Price is shortening anyway, always a good sign

Dont want to tempt fate but this looks on now:pac: Wish Id more than a 5er on it but still will be some win if it happens:eek: McLeish is some dire manager

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

McLeish is just woeful, how he gets jobs is beyond me, wish I had his publicist!

Finished 3rd in the SPL with Rangers, that takes some doing. The man does seem to enjoy a relegation too

hope villa go down, awful side.

awful awful manager also.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    McLeish is just woeful, how he gets jobs is beyond me, wish I had his publicist!

Finished 3rd in the SPL with Rangers, that takes some doing. The man does seem to enjoy a relegation too

he hasnt a clue, he would be more suited in a hardware store selling shovels than managing a team in the top flight

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

He's utterly clueless, actually makes me feel sorry for Villa which is some achievement in itself.

Anyway, just had a glance at their fixture list, final 3 games as follows -

West Brom (A)
    Midlands Derby, hard to call.

Spurs (H)
    Spurs, surely need to awake at some stage. That's no given.

Norwich (A)
    Norwich I see winning tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its not a foregone coclusion they stay up, imo they need only a couple of points to be sure, Id say they will plough everything into beating WBA, if they win that they are safe in my view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

They'll get 1 more point and stay up, but boy they're lucky.

If you had a choice Mcleish or Steve Keane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

If you had a choice Mcleish or Steve Keane ?

As a sexual partner, or manager?

Actually, I'd probably prefer to have them as a sexual partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

He makes Steve Kean look like Guardiola.

in fairness any side that puts heskey up front in this day and age deserves to go down.

that donkey would not make any of the top sides on the championship.

Norwich and West Brom have nothing to play for, should be in holiday mode by now.

They should pick up 3 points from the the 3 games and stay up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Yeah I'm getting out of this now. QPR have to travel to both Chelsea and Man City in their last 3 games. I reckon it'll be Blackburn & QPR now. Great shout BTW.

Advertisement