Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams coming true

• 18-01-2014 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭

Has any of your life long dreams/ambitions come true ? I know a woman who I love and I know her for the past 3 years. I would love to be with her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Hope not, had a dream the other night my son in law killed me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Has any of your life long dreams/ambitions come true ? I know a woman who I love and I know her for the past 3 years. I would love to be with her.

So ask her out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Wales. 3 Grand Slams in the last ten years.

That'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I'm still waiting for my dream of playing chess with a 40 foot high salt-water crab, in a desert, who talks like a jewish rabbi to come true...

Cheese before bed, not even once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Dreams can come but, you gotta have hope, you gotta be strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I donned spandex and had the moniker "Shane The Bruiser" , and had a wrestling match infront of my friends and family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Success is a journey, not a destination, and is exclusively dependent on effort!

As for the woman you love, you're gonna have to bite the bullet and find out, once and for all.

If not, you WILL spend the rest of your days wondering 'what if?'....

I've found from personal experience that the pain of rejection is a short term thing, and it's something that needs to be dealt with. If you fear rejection, you're likely to be single for a long time. The question needs answering, and you have nothing to lose. If she's even half as lovely as you think she is, she'll completely understand. Be honest and tell her that you just needed to know, regardless of the outcome. Women like honesty.

Just don't be creepy, and if it's a no, then that's the end of the matter!

Best of luck my friend, be strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Ah shure we can all but dream.

One day I'll be a billionaire!

...Then spend it on custard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Daqster wrote: »
    Dreams can come but, you gotta have hope, you gotta be strong.

You've got to shoot for the star. Even if you miss you will land
    among the moons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Not agreeing with woman-haters would be a start.

Surely i'm missing something here?? Woman-haters?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Oscar Wilde once wrote "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."

I haven't shown up at a meeting naked, so no, no recurring dreams have come true.

Yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I had a dream that we'd wreck Wales' Grand Slam one day.

And it happened last year :pac:
    Wales. 3 Grand Slams in the last ten years.

That'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I'm fairly certain at some stage in my youth I dreamt of buying a car.
    I retired from trying to achieve goals after that.

Once a dream comes true you should really be able give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Some of my actual dreams have materialised. OP, please just ask her out, don't spend the rest of your life wondering 'what if'.

I keep having this dream about a guy I knew from my youth. I fancied him like mad and I just ignored my feelings, never said anything. I keep have reoccurring dreams about him lately where I go to visit him. I'm in a long term relationship atm, but I can't shake this feeling of regret that I never did anything.

I hope it will pass, I have been having the same dream for weeks and it's making me very uncomfortable.

Threesome with Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johansson, while I play chess with the Sheik and I'm winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Falling into a toaster in hell via the old glass lift that was in the Ilac Centre in the 80s was a biggie for me.

One can only dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've always had a dream of going to Wrestlemania with a guy I've been friends with since childhood. I have never set the wheels in motion but I'd be quietly confident I'll make it one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I've never even played Rugby but my dream of kicking a last minute winning penalty against England at Twickenham was cut short this morning by a gust of wind that nearly blew the window in on me.

****ing storm :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

None of my dreams have come true. If they had I'd be going out with Katy Parry and I wouldn't be sitting here in a mediocre job on crap pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

A card was delivered through my letterbox today - I believe it may be able to help you out, OP.
    It reads
    MALIK
    25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
    I Can tell your problems & its solutions &
    HELP YOU TO SOLVE IT.
    If you are suffering from evil influences, Unknown
    diseases/illnesses, bad luck, career, jobs, marriage or relationship
    problems or may be a loved one has left you or separated
    without any reason. I can help you bring them back to
    you and help you any suffer problem, which you may have.
    So don't suffer in silence!
    ALL WORK GUARANTEED & WILL START IMMEDIATELY.
    CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENTS

I know he doesn't specify your particular problem, but he sounds like a pretty competent guy, and might be able to point you in the right direction, or have a friend who deals in rope and chloroform.
    PM me for the phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I've been very lucky in life and have had many wonderful things happen for me.

But until I am a lotto winner (in the 2 million plus range) I will consider my life a tragic waste...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Ficheall wrote: »
    A card was delivered through my letterbox today - I believe it may be able to help you out, OP.
    It reads
    MALIK
    25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
    I Can tell your problems & its solutions &
    HELP YOU TO SOLVE IT.
    If you are suffering from evil influences, Unknown
    diseases/illnesses, bad luck, career, jobs, marriage or relationship
    problems or may be a loved one has left you or separated
    without any reason. I can help you bring them back to
    you and help you any suffer problem, which you may have.
    So don't suffer in silence!
    ALL WORK GUARANTEED & WILL START IMMEDIATELY.
    CALL TODAY FOR AN APPOINTMENTS

I know he doesn't specify your particular problem, but he sounds like a pretty competent guy, and might be able to point you in the right direction, or have a friend who deals in rope and chloroform.
    PM me for the phone number.

Sounds like a witch doctor to me I'd steer clear of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I once dreamed that I was eating a giant marshmallow. I remember it vivdly as it was the same night my giant marshmallow disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

getting a poke at sean o brien..it will happen some day somewhere!!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

I had a dream I was driving a motorbike which turned into a lemon so I hope not

Advertisement