Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Squarepusher album: Ufabulum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Nice, I like the sound of this, have gone off squarepusher a bit in the last few years. Think I'll purchase this though, sounds very nice indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pearsquasher

You're in for a treat!

After a few disappointing previous albums he's back on form with pure electronic mayhem. Its an album of two parts... the first being a little cheezy and light but with plenty of signature killer percussion and melody all the same. One track is almost a like a hyper piss-take of dubstep. Whe it drops on the live sets the crowd will go nuts (he's playing electric picnic this year)

After a gorgeous ambient interlude it gets super-dark and frenetic right up until the last killer quintessential squarepusher track which rounds everything off nicely.

The first two 2nd-half tracks sound a bit like Autchre (live) to me...... pacey and punchy but brooding and menacing too

Its a real grower with tracks that initially annoyed me having hidden depths and only-notice-after-10-listens delights -another thing the man does well.

P.s the album comes with a 3-track EP of a noise, a cheezey and full on rave track. AND the Japanese import version has an extra track called "on crack" which is a bit of fun too.

10/10 from a big fan!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Polygon_window

10/10 my ass, maybe 6/10 at best, the latter part is good, a mixture of great and terrible tracks on it

Advertisement