Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever go from brunette to blonde?

• 16-02-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Its on my mind a while and I really need a change but need some advise please on the best way to do it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ms. Liza

yep I have done it a couple of times! it depends how dark your hair is as to how long its gona take to go really bright..
    the best way to start is to gentley lighten it with high lights through the brown to start then add more each time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

i went from a no2 brown to ash blonde at home! baiscally i used a hair lightener bleach kit, and CONDITIONED my hair really well, then put another box dye of the one i wanted over it.

it will go orangy or dark yellow the first time, but i dyed it again the following week and it came out perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I have dark brown hair and have gone blonde by getting loads of highlights. It gets blonder every time you get it done. Takes a while but it's the best way in my opinion.

I've just started again with my highlights yesterday! Missed being blonde. Suits me more even though I thought it wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭babygirlz

Thanks for the replies, I do want to do it gradually as I want it to look right, not like a botched bottle job.
    I am hoping it will suit me as I am fair skinned and blue eyed, I sometimes think I am too pale to be brunette.
    Kinds looking forward to it now tbh .

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I did it there a good few months ago - went from very very dark brown/almost black, to light blonde, using home dye kits.
    Used a "pre-lightener" first, which turned my hair a pale gingery colour. Then put in a blonde dye over it. Looked absolutely fine, even if I do say so myself :)

Kept it like that for a while, but actually only dyed my hair back brunette again a few days ago - got sick of the upkeep on the roots (dark roots and very light blonde hair look gak, so I couldn't get away with not dying it less frequently than every 6 weeks or so) and also felt darker hair suits me much better TBH. I thought I was a bit too pale for dark hair, like you, (although I've got brown eyes), but I looked a bit washed out or older or something with the blonde, IMO.

Best of luck with the transformation!

• Advertisement

echosound wrote: »
    I thought I was a bit too pale for dark hair, like you, (although I've got brown eyes), but I looked a bit washed out or older or something with the blonde, IMO.

Best of luck with the transformation!

Thats how I feel and also I have noticed more and more grey hairs the last few months so I guess if I go blonde they won't be as noticable :(

Well I started the whole process today.

Got a lighter base coat to try to lighten the dark brown and then I got blonde lights, so while its a good bit lighter than what I was, its not as light as I want it to be.
    Next time I hope to get more lights, so for now I am happy with the result :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

There are quite a few threads on this, especially recently! We are all getting bored it seems!
    Search for threads and try Colour b4 to lift any brunette/red colour in your hair for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

If you have to bleach your hair a few times then you're better off buying a big bottle of peroxide and a tub of blue powder bleach aswell, you will save yourself a fortune over the kits you buy in chemists

Advertisement