Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

ali85 wrote: »
    I'm exactly the same as you. I went on the My Fitness Coach wii game last week for the first time, and one of the tasks it sets is how many push ups you can comfortably complete... ehhh 4!! :P and the last 2 weren't exactly the most comfortable! The legs are grand but the upper body is a joke!

I have WI on Wednesday too.... have 13.5lb down and 28 to go!

4 is brilliant! :) I can't do proper ones at all!! Only do the half ones but i have to keep tryng 'cos i don't think the half ones are pushing me at all, they're too easy no pain no gain :) .5 to your first stone fingers crossed for this wed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Just wanted to have a bit of a rant about my doctor (or the one i went to see today) Didn't get to go to my usual doctor and the one I went to seemed obsessed with my weight. My doctor has discussed my weight with me before but never in such a heavy handed way as this one. I had told her that I was currently getting a handle on my weight and had lost a stone or a quarter of my target loss in the past 7 weeks. But she just kept harping on about it. And every single thing I had to discuss with her she put it down to my weight being the problem. She didn't even seem to want to entertain the possibility of it being anything else. To me she did not put my mind at ease on anything at all, so now I have to pay to go see my real doctor again to be sure. Kept mentioning the fact I am medically obese (which according to my BMI I am, but I am on the brink of breaking that, only a couple of pounds more and I wont be and I also had told her I was aware of my weight issues). Now I am totally aware of my weight issues but I think she could have laid off a bit considering the fact that I had proven to be doing something about it and her focusing on it so much just made me feel rotten. Also I wouldn't even mind but she is not a healthy weight herself - maybe not obese but definitely overweight. Obviously I am not going to let it sabotage my efforts but surely they should be trained in better ways of tackling weight management - I know my usual doctor is much better at encouraging weight loss.

Sorry rant over

Sometimes I wonder how these people became doctors??!!!! :mad: What a joke - and a waste of time and money. Definitely don't let her get you down Tiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

@Baileypants - tried the oat & apple cookies - YUM! Went down very well with DH aswell -he ended up eating most of them! Cheers for sharing the recipe :)

Just wanted to have a bit of a rant about my doctor (or the one i went to see today) Didn't get to go to my usual doctor and the one I went to seemed obsessed with my weight. My doctor has discussed my weight with me before but never in such a heavy handed way as this one. I had told her that I was currently getting a handle on my weight and had lost a stone or a quarter of my target loss in the past 7 weeks. But she just kept harping on about it. And every single thing I had to discuss with her she put it down to my weight being the problem. She didn't even seem to want to entertain the possibility of it being anything else. To me she did not put my mind at ease on anything at all, so now I have to pay to go see my real doctor again to be sure. Kept mentioning the fact I am medically obese (which according to my BMI I am, but I am on the brink of breaking that, only a couple of pounds more and I wont be and I also had told her I was aware of my weight issues). Now I am totally aware of my weight issues but I think she could have laid off a bit considering the fact that I had proven to be doing something about it and her focusing on it so much just made me feel rotten. Also I wouldn't even mind but she is not a healthy weight herself - maybe not obese but definitely overweight. Obviously I am not going to let it sabotage my efforts but surely they should be trained in better ways of tackling weight management - I know my usual doctor is much better at encouraging weight loss.

Sorry rant over

Don't mind her Tinypenguin, don't let her demotivate you, you're doing great keep up the good work! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Sorry rant over

no tact I think I would be fuming over the cost, hope you complain I would!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Evening everyone :) The start of another week already, this year is flying by :eek:
    Anyway, just want to say thanks for saving my as* yesterday! I don't know what it is about Sundays but lately for me they're lethal! I'm grand when I'm in work, but Sundays just throw me on a wobbler! :mad: So, anyway, I got out the laptop and had a good read of this thread accompanied by a big fruit salad instead and a pint of water! :p
    hope we all have a good week this week! x:)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

4 is brilliant! :) I can't do proper ones at all!! Only do the half ones but i have to keep tryng 'cos i don't think the half ones are pushing me at all, they're too easy no pain no gain :) .5 to your first stone fingers crossed for this wed :)

yea i can't wait... still not feeling it... drinking loadsa water and keeping within my pp for the next few days. I am glad its not only me that struggles with the push ups... i was thinkin it was just me... i am so unfit it is unbelievable... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just back from kettelbells.... Omg girls i seriously think there should b a legal limit for the ammount of lacti acid u cn hav in your blood while driving!!! I was literally shaking after it....jelly limbs is an understatement!!!! Feel great after it tho!!! :)

Danii86 wrote: »
    Just back from kettelbells.... Omg girls i seriously think there should b a legal limit for the ammount of lacti acid u cn hav in your blood while driving!!! I was literally shaking after it....jelly limbs is an understatement!!!! Feel great after it tho!!! :)

I'd say the kettle bells are tough alright but it'll be worth it. Do they do cardio inbetween the kettlebells or is it all weight training?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Hi all, a newbie to Boards but not WW. I cannot believe that this thread has been here all along, a work colleague kindly told me about it. I reached my goal weight last year and thankfully I have kept the weight off, even a few pounds under goal but recently I've become complacent with my eating habits, not so much the food but the portion side of things, so when I was chatting about portion control and just needing extra motivation I was recommended this thread.

I've spent the past 2 weeks on and off reading all posts and I'm loving you all, you are all so inspiring and wonderful to see the encouragement you all give each other.

Also, love all the blogs.

Totally inspired to get back to the drawing board.

Thanks so much

• Advertisement

I'd say the kettle bells are tough alright but it'll be worth it. Do they do cardio inbetween the kettlebells or is it all weight training?
    Ya its fairly tough alrite but you do feel really good after it. In the class I go 2 its mostly jus kettlebell work they so, but they throw in some push ups n sit ups etc and all the work seriously gets the heart pumping!!!!

evadiva wrote: »
    Hi all, a newbie to Boards but not WW. I cannot believe that this thread has been here all along, a work colleague kindly told me about it. I reached my goal weight last year and thankfully I have kept the weight off, even a few pounds under goal but recently I've become complacent with my eating habits, not so much the food but the portion side of things, so when I was chatting about portion control and just needing extra motivation I was recommended this thread.

I've spent the past 2 weeks on and off reading all posts and I'm loving you all, you are all so inspiring and wonderful to see the encouragement you all give each other.

Thanks so much

Welcome evadiva, i only joined last week, just came across it & i find it great. It'd give you the encouragement & motivation to keep going. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

well back from weekend in wexford. Had a really great time but am so worried about WI on thurs. I am deffo gonna be up:( I wasn't too bad food wise until yesterday. I was out drinking all day yesterday (pint bottles of bulmers light, vodka red bull and sambuca) hadn't eaten all day which resulted in me getting a chipper at midnight (curry chips and half a burger) really disgusted with myself:mad:

I was good today foodwise but was hungover so didnt do any exercise....haven't exercised at all since last WI. I know I should just draw a line under it but am just feeling really annoyed with myself:(

Sorry, Rant over!!

evadiva wrote: »

Thanks so much

Welcome :) well done on reaching goal ! this thread is great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Hello all,
    Im new to this thread. Joining back WW tomo for the 3rd time. Lost almost 2 stone 2 years ago but have it back on now. It was the old points system last time so a bit apprehensive about the new one. If any1 has any tips about it Id be very grateful.

My new mantra: "3rd time lucky..." :)

sue z wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Im new to this thread. Joining back WW tomo for the 3rd time. Lost almost 2 stone 2 years ago but have it back on now. It was the old points system last time so a bit apprehensive about the new one. If any1 has any tips about it Id be very grateful.

once you get used to the new system you will love it, I don't feel like i am on a diet at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Evenin' All!
    How are we doing? Happy Monday! Had a lovely stir fry for my dinner tonight - red pepper, red onion, garlic, carrot, broccoli and a few baby spuds...yum yum....
    Im finally back in the zone, after spending the past 8 weeks going to meetings and only kinda trying, I decided that I wouldnt go last tuesday but went out and bought a pretty little notepad instead to use as my tracker! Weighed myself wednesday morning (not pretty) & have stayed within 26pp everyday & only used 5weeklies so far! Really hoping for a good loss this week:)

This thread is great for keeping on track, some great posts, saved me from a 27pp milkshake from eddie rockets last night!!!

Well done for getting back on track! - Hope WI goes great!
    SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Hi all... Motivation has been a little low now the New Year buzz is long gone.. and some of my followers have been asking for a 'challenge' as such... so if anyone is interested I'm starting a mini challenge for Easter ....

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/2012/02/skinny-bunny-challange.html

No need to check in if you don't want to.. but there's 7 weeks to Easter and a a mini challenge it might make a 1/2 stone before we face all the summer gear coming into the shops!

Doll x

Great idea - I'm in!
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm going to be down on Wednesday. My home scales is telling me 2lb at the moment, but I don't dare to dream it. I'm 2.5lb to goal. I was 10st3 this morning, I actually can't remember being that weight in the past 12 years, I don't think I have.

I'm laying into the water here at my desk.

Best of luck! - Fingers crossed for you!

I'd say the old kettleballs are great - Fair play to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

sue z wrote: »
    Hello all,

Ill be honest I found the new system hard to get my head around at first, dont let that put you off though, i think i just needed to forget i had ever done ww before, alot of the old points values seem to have almost doubled on the new propoints but then there are advantages like fruits now not having any points anymore!

What im really finding great this time round its the advantage of the thread here and being able to use my phone for tracking, they have both been a huge help.

Its my third time too, i know it works, thats why i have come back to it.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carneen

Weighed in tonight, delighted to be another 3 pounds down! however to celebrate i had a mini twirl... which was a bad idea, i know and regret it already! anyway im off spinning 2mro to make up for it!

2mro is a fresh start though... so i'll behave myself!
    hope everyone has a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Ooh i really wanna try kettelbells - its one of the classes I have been eyeing up in the gym. Might give it a go this week or next!

Have my WI tonight and the nerves are back. Have stuck to my points, still have 24 weeklies left. But I was out for skinflint pizza on Saturday and my exercise has been down a bit cos I have been so busy. Only been to the gym once all week and done nothing else bar the 20 mins of walking to work. Now the one day in the gym I did do much more than usual. Did cardio for the whole duration of the rugby match cos I couldn't leave until it was over. I think I'm just nervous after my visit to the doctor yesterday and her scales not showing a loss for me. I would be happy enough with a STS, but I would be gutted if I gained anything. I have lost exactly a stone and a gain would push me back under that which would not be good at all.

I also lost my measuring tape so I cant even check on inches lost!:(

• Advertisement

Ooh i really wanna try kettelbells - its one of the classes I have been eyeing up in the gym. Might give it a go this week or next!

Have my WI tonight and the nerves are back. Have stuck to my points, still have 24 weeklies left. But I was out for skinflint pizza on Saturday and my exercise has been down a bit cos I have been so busy. Only been to the gym once all week and done nothing else bar the 20 mins of walking to work. Now the one day in the gym I did do much more than usual. Did cardio for the whole duration of the rugby match cos I couldn't leave until it was over. I think I'm just nervous after my visit to the doctor yesterday and her scales not showing a loss for me. I would be happy enough with a STS, but I would be gutted if I gained anything. I have lost exactly a stone and a gain would push me back under that which would not be good at all.

I also lost my measuring tape so I cant even check on inches lost!:(

good luck don't worry different scales, diffident time of the day all effect it, plus it showed you the same if you were up on the doctors scales I would be worried, chances are it hadn't showed yet :) fx for no gain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Pah! I can't get to my weigh-in today. Don't you hate it when life completely throws you and messes up all your plans! I'll have to go on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

down 0.5 so still 0.5 to go to 2stone... I am getting back to basics weigh and track everything and cutting back on treats i have 12.5lbs to goal and I have been playing with the same 4lb since December cause of holidays and christmas!

down 0.5 so still 0.5 to go to 2stone... I am getting back to basics weigh and track everything and cutting back on treats i have 12.5lbs to goal and I have been playing with the same 4lb since December cause of holidays and christmas!
    Ya I'm in the same boat....being up a bot down a bit, STS a bit, I cnt wait 2 see the back end of 11 7!!!! Its really annoying, but like you said, you've just gotta go back to basics really!!! Its just what works

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Went to gym this morning and got the groceries in. Had a lovely wholemeal bagel with iceberg lettuce, ex-light mayo, red onion and wafer thin ham. It was yum!

Steamed salmon and veg for dinner tonight. Chicken stirfry for tomorrow. TOTM arrived today also, kinda glad because been feeling so bloated the last few days! Full of energy today though thank god! Here's to a good week!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

STS this week. I suppose it's better than being up but I just realised that I'd been pointing yoghurts at 1 point when they should have been 3, I'm hoping this and the fact that I don't measure my milk or butter (I have a "ah sure I only take a tiny bit I'll say its one point" attitude!) is the problem, because I've been tracking well other than that and going for runs/training.
    I think I got away with that attitude towards the butter and milk at the start coz the weight falls off easier at the start anyway, but now that I'm almost 12 weeks into the programme and down to the minimal 26 points I don't think it'll cut it any more! The past month I've either STS or put on weight; is this normal 12 weeks in, finding it harder to make any loss at all.. And yes I am in the process of varying what I eat and changing my exercise. Has anyone else experienced this slump before or am I just doing something wrong? While I'm still motivated its becoming VERY discouraging...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Ok so I've a question, I know I'm up fell off the wagon for the last few weeks but finally have managed to kick myself into gear- I weighed myself on a friends scales and I am up!! But the question is do I go to wi tonight or give myself a week to get back on track?? Help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Taz1 wrote: »
    STS this week. I suppose it's better than being up but I just realised that I'd been pointing yoghurts at 1 point when they should have been 3, I'm hoping this and the fact that I don't measure my milk or butter (I have a "ah sure I only take a tiny bit I'll say its one point" attitude!) is the problem, because I've been tracking well other than that and going for runs/training.
    I think I got away with that attitude towards the butter and milk at the start coz the weight falls off easier at the start anyway, but now that I'm almost 12 weeks into the programme and down to the minimal 26 points I don't think it'll cut it any more! The past month I've either STS or put on weight; is this normal 12 weeks in, finding it harder to make any loss at all.. And yes I am in the process of varying what I eat and changing my exercise. Has anyone else experienced this slump before or am I just doing something wrong? While I'm still motivated its becoming VERY discouraging...

Measure absolutely everything until you have done it enough so that you know what you are having on sight. Butter is really dangerous to guess as a tsp of butter looks like NOTHING and so you are prob having at least 2pp at your guess. The only things I know by sight is cereal and the milk for my cereal and I am still going to keep re measuring every few weeks so I can be sure portion sizes arent slipping up!
    Ok so I've a question, I know I'm up fell off the wagon for the last few weeks but finally have managed to kick myself into gear- I weighed myself on a friends scales and I am up!! But the question is do I go to wi tonight or give myself a week to get back on track?? Help

Go tonight and get weighed. Find out what the damage is and start on a clean slate. You might be surprised at your WI, different scales, times of day etc can all affect it. Also if you gain 2lbs today and dont go, and lose 1.5lbs the coming week you will show a loss next week and be disappointed. If you skip one meeting it is very easy to let yourself lapse in motivation. Go and face the music and it will motivate you to be so much better after! (Hope that makes sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I would go.... My WI is tomorrow night and as it stands it looks like I'm still 11st 7lb. It said 11st 6lb this morning, but it said 11st 8lb last night... am not looking forward to WI but I think if I don't go I will leave myself open to falling off the wagon. I know I have done that on more than one occasion. At least if you go and it does say you are up you are addressing it and taking account then moving on.

Don't forget, scales can be totally different. My scales at home says one thing, the scales at WI says another and the scales on my Wii Fit says something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

hollee wrote: »
    Ill be honest I found the new system hard to get my head around at first, dont let that put you off though, i think i just needed to forget i had ever done ww before, alot of the old points values seem to have almost doubled on the new propoints but then there are advantages like fruits now not having any points anymore!

What im really finding great this time round its the advantage of the thread here and being able to use my phone for tracking, they have both been a huge help.

Its my third time too, i know it works, thats why i have come back to it.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you kindly, same to you! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement