Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet pc connecting to projector via Bluetooth

• 07-04-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm a secondary school teacher and I'm planning on buying a tablet pc for use in work. In each of the classrooms I teach in there is a pc connected to a projector. I'm just wondering would it be possible for me to connect the tablet pc to the projector through the pc in the room via Bluetooth. I know I could use a VGA to connect it but the whole point would be to allow me to walk around the room and hand it to a student to write on and project it onto the board.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Do you have a tablet pc already?

Tbh, it seems like a bad idea to me. It would be easier to get a marker and get them to write on the board if that's what you're after!

I find writing on old style tablet pcs to be a pain, and quite different to a white board or paper.

It just seems like a very expensive solution to a simple problem to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

OP try this-

http://www.ehow.com/how_5928754_use-bluetooth-connect-lcd-projector.html

on a side-note, i had heard of wireless projectors, for the life of me i couldnt understand why a projector would use a limited short range like bluetooth.

Like Alan said though- overcomplicated solution, and i wouldnt fancy handing my tablet to any students, no matter how much i wanted to show off how technically proficient i was... ;)

EDIT:

misread the question, you want to connect to the PC thats connected to the projector- if using windows, then just use remote desktop over wireless to connect to the PC from the tablet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

xsiborg wrote: »

EDIT:

misread the question, you want to connect to the PC thats connected to the projector- if using windows, then just use remote desktop over wireless to connect to the PC from the tablet.

Damn, i made the same mistake!

I actually think that complicates things. It would mean that the PC already connected to the projector has to have some software to allow you to get the full benefit from the touch.

My point still stands though, it's complicated!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Thanks for the replies. The main reason for the tablet pc is that as a Maths teacher I want to be able to save notes written on it through class to email to absent students or allow kids who spend so much time writing notes instead of listening to get the notes later through email/moodle too. Being able to walk around the class with it is not the main reason for getting it. My biggest problem is that I move from classroom to classroom so I thought that Bluetooth would just be a simpler solution to setting up at the start of each class.

Advertisement