Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kristine86

Just got my payment today :) ,but still waiting on back money.

My renewal expiry date was 30 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

kristine86 wrote: »
    Just got my payment today :) ,but still waiting on back money.

My renewal expiry date was 30 Nov

Thanks Kristine. I was just about to phone them but checked here first. My renewal is a week after yours so I'll leave it until next week to give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭assasins creed

kristine we got our second payment just thursday gone and our back money was in so your second payment should have your backdated money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is it 10 to 12 weeks from when fis received the renewal form (11 jan) or from renewal expire date (13 feb)?
    thks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

nig1 wrote: »
    Is it 10 to 12 weeks from when fis received the renewal form (11 jan) or from renewal expire date (13 feb)?
    thks

renewal expiry date

• Advertisement

Anyone got an update as to where they are on renewals? I telephoned them this morning and was hold for 25 minutes and then got cut off before I got to speak to anyone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

egan2020 wrote: »
    Anyone got an update as to where they are on renewals? I telephoned them this morning and was hold for 25 minutes and then got cut off before I got to speak to anyone :mad:

Processing claims from the 8/12/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭busymom31

Processing claims from the 8/12/11.

so thats about a 13 week wait including christmas. much better than the 20 weeks i had heard.

im feb renewal so ill have it in may. we are monthly paid so this money was always our only weekly money. long months without it.

i really think the fis department needs a review to see about getting them more staff and going back to the years that we got it back within a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Rather than start a whole new thread on this issue, I thought I'd ask those who you who are up to speed on FIS about this issue.
    My brother was told to apply for FIS, although he is about 10e over their threshold. He is in a low paid job and has 2 kids. He's been told to 'apply anyway' even though on paper, he earns 10e per week more than the FIS limits.

Is it worth his while applying? Are their limits determined exactly, or are they in any way flexible for applicants like my brother? Thanks alot.

Fittle wrote: »
    Rather than start a whole new thread on this issue, I thought I'd ask those who you who are up to speed on FIS about this issue.
    My brother was told to apply for FIS, although he is about 10e over their threshold. He is in a low paid job and has 2 kids. He's been told to 'apply anyway' even though on paper, he earns 10e per week more than the FIS limits.

Is it worth his while applying? Are their limits determined exactly, or are they in any way flexible for applicants like my brother? Thanks alot.

there is no flexibility.if he is over by any amount he's gone.Its done on net pay.
    €612 isn't exactly a low paid job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

yabadabado wrote: »
    there is no flexibility.if he is over by any amount he's gone.Its done on net pay.
    €612 isn't exactly a low paid job

Maybe not today - but he was earning over 800pw in the same job just over a year ago. Anyway, thanks for info.

Fittle wrote: »
    Maybe not today - but he was earning over 800pw in the same job just over a year ago. Anyway, thanks for info.

Is 612 euro his pay before tax etc? If not and his take home pay is less than 602 he should qualify for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

Hi all still waiting on my renewal was meant to have it last week but they never put it through so told me I would be back in payment this thursday. So just rang them and they said it may be there on Thursday because it's gone to checking because of the arrears what does this mean? My renewal date was nov 17 and I was on maternity leave went back to work on the 28 th

channaigh wrote: »
    Hi all still waiting on my renewal was meant to have it last week but they never put it through so told me I would be back in payment this thursday. So just rang them and they said it may be there on Thursday because it's gone to checking because of the arrears what does this mean? My renewal date was nov 17 and I was on maternity leave went back to work on the 28 th
    It would mean it just has to be signed off by a supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

waiting since nov 20th,anyone know has nov lot been sorted yet

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

omg this fis waiting thing so crap, anyone any updates? Soooo broke:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Mountie

Wondering if anyone can clear up a query I have. I applied for FIS and received a letter to say that it would go to the deciding officer. Is there an inspection of some kind, of my apartment, bank details etc and if so how thourough is it...?

Sorry to ask, just very unsure of all this.

mum37 wrote: »

Got mine last Thursday. Renewal date was 8th December.

Wondering if anyone can clear up a query I have. I applied for FIS and received a letter to say that it would go to the deciding officer. Is there an inspection of some kind, of my apartment, bank details etc and if so how thourough is it...?

normally u will will asked to meet with the inspector at an office. they must have some questions for u. dont worry we had this our first year. it was barely ten mins in the office with the inspector.

it will delay ur claim. enquire with your local office about the waiting times.

Got mine last Thursday. Renewal date was 8th December.

god that was a long wait. bet ur glad to be back in payment.

ill have another 8 weeks id guess... agree with mom37 the renewal is a long hard wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 The Mountie

busymom31 wrote: »
    normally u will will asked to meet with the inspector at an office. they must have some questions for u. dont worry we had this our first year. it was barely ten mins in the office with the inspector.

Thank you.

i so agree busy mum, i have all my details back to them ages, but looking at 8 week wait. Bills in the door nothing to pay them with:(

i so agree busy mum, i have all my details back to them ages, but looking at 8 week wait. Bills in the door nothing to pay them with:(

Can you contact whoever you owe for the bills? My main two outgoings are rent and Credit Union car loan. Luckily I have an understanding landlord so explained situation to him and paid him what I could while I was waiting and paid him whatever I owed him when payment came through. I telephoned the Credit Union as soon as I reapplied for FIS and they had no problem reducing the payments there until I got sorted.

well i have large morgage, and i dont think banks r so understanding and credit union loan which is small tg:(

busymom31 wrote: »

The majority of FIS claims don't go to a inspector and you dont need to do anything after you send in all the required info when you apply.

A deciding officer is the person in the FIS office who will be doing the calculations on the application,totally different to a inspector.

I wouldnt bother going in to the Local Office,its handier to ring FIS than wasting time going into LO,as they will just end up ringing FIS anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maple999

Did get my Fis today. My renewal date was 29th of December.

They are now processing claims with a renewal date of 5/1/12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 madelaine2905

Hi, maybe sb will be able to help me. My partner applied for fis in Mar 2009 mentioning about one child, that was living with us while the second one is living in another country with her mother. They are divorced. Today we found out that he may mention about 2 qualified children. He didn't qualify for fis, but he would get into the higher minimum income for 2 kids. We are going to apply again. Is there any chance to get a back-dated payment due to this incorrect information, that has been submitted? He was actually entitled to fis, but he didn't know that.

Hi, maybe sb will be able to help me. My partner applied for fis in Mar 2009 mentioning about one child, that was living with us while the second one is living in another country with her mother. They are divorced. Today we found out that he may mention about 2 qualified children. He didn't qualify for fis, but he would get into the higher minimum income for 2 kids. We are going to apply again. Is there any chance to get a back-dated payment due to this incorrect information, that has been submitted? He was actually entitled to fis, but he didn't know that.
    He won't get paid for 2 children,only 1 child is living with him.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    They are now processing claims with a renewal date of 5/1/12.

they seem be be getting quicker at moving through them. hoping!!!

Advertisement