Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will the kindle paperwhite work in europe ?

• 29-09-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

i'm planning on sending it to a relitive in the us and then get him to send it to me but before i do will it work or is there anything i should be careful of :P and has anyone succeeded in getting one shipped here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Yup, no problem. 3G versions included.

There was a page around somewhere on the Amazon site about the 3G Coverage etc. for Ireland. Can't find it at the minute.

I bought all my Kindles since Gen. 1 in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ron Burgundy !

thanks yeah i think im going to buy it xray and time to read look great and don't get me started on the display

Just pre-ordered mine too :)

cros13 wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered mine too :)
    how are you getting
    Yours sent to you ? :)

I normally use the address of one of my employers offices and get stuff forwarded with any shipments heading back to Ireland or held there until I'm over in the states next.

For the first time though I'm going to use a package remailer. A little extra expense but I 'm planning on getting combined shipping on some small items that the shipping cost was too high for individual shipping.

The remailer I'm using is http://www.hopshopgo.com/

• Advertisement

should my cousin have any trouble shipping it to me (i dont know what policies the us postal service have on electronic devices) and do you need a us credit card to make purchases it doent say on the devices page ? :)

You don't need a US credit card just set shipping address to a US address.

No prohibition on sending electronics via US mail.

Import of your kindle should be duty-free under EU tariff code 8471300000 (Computers & Tablets).
    Customs often don't bother with the extra paperwork on small single items but you will be liable for VAT on the kindle legally.
    Make sure to include the commercial invoice from amazon in the package if you don't want it held up.

Alternatively if it is a gift from your US-based cousin for which you are exchanging no payment, leave out the commercial invoice and make sure the customs declaration includes the real price and the box that says gift is ticked.

*cough*

Thanks I think I'm gonna preorder it this week how long can I expect it to take to arrive to me given I first have to ship it to my cousin who will then have to ship it to me :P

opinions of the new kindle paperwhite ? mixed reviews so far

Advertisement