Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Luno wrote: »
    I decided two months ago to do Arts in college after being convinced Mary I was for me. I'm really happy I decided to change my mind but there's so many people who are complaining that they probably didn't get the points for their course and will "only get stupid Arts". I can understand why you'd get upset over not getting your preference but if you talk down so much about a course, why did you apply for it in the first place. :mad:

As an Arts student, I can seriously empathise with this. :mad: I really didn't want to have to do Arts, but I wasn't about to go and bad-mouth it when I did. I had "friends" (whom I've since discarded) saying I was "taking my course too seriously" when I had too many assignments to go out with them. I did a lot more work than any of them did in their "smart" courses this year, and they're all repeating exams atm while I get to enjoy the rest of my summer with a handy 2.1 in my back pocket.

It'll be annoying for a while, but you'll learn to rise above it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I'm not going to be a teenager in half an hour :O

I think this makes me a grown up :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Happy Birthday! :D
    I turned 24 last week and I still don't feel like a grown-up. You'll be fine. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I've been spending waaaaayyy too much money lately :(
    It's seriously not a good thing seeing as I have absolutely no way of getting money because nowhere will give me a job - nowhere in town will give any teenagers in town a job unless they have some kind of connection. Nowhere will even give my brother a summer job and he's 22 and graduating in November with being joint first in the class. He needs money waaaay more than I do aswell seeing as he's not even finished with college and decided he's going to do a phd or some fancy kind of study. He's even going to America for 2 of the years it'll take him to do it for god's sake!
    Every time I go to buy something Mam always offers to pay for the whole lot but I always feel really bad if she does so I usually try to pay for more than half of it myself seeing as she needs the money for more important stuff than I do. Mam and dad are still paying back loans that they had to get to pay for my brothers college accommodation and other stuff for the last 4 years and it's really not going to help seeing as I've only got the LC year left and then there'll be me as well to pay for more than likely.

tl;dr: spending too much money.........money is evil.:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Freue geburtstag! :D

I turned 20 2 weeks ago and I don't think I've matured/grown up in any way. :pac:

Also, bewbies! Teehee!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!

Bewbies ftw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Wanker. Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Had to get blood tests done last qeek because I've been getting dizzy a lot, results are back and apparantly I have hypothyroidism. Need to go back for more tests, and considering a fainted a few times last time.. this isn't going to be fun..
    Also, never ever google medical things.. I'm now really scared because of some things I've read about this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

DESPITE getting 525 points in my Leaving Cert, my Mam is giving out and asking me why I didn't do better because a fella up the road got the same despite 'never opening a book'.. Oh my god, the ****ing bítch.. I'm sooo not impressed by her hypocritical attitude. I wonder why I even bother with her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

DESPITE getting 525 points in my Leaving Cert, my Mam is giving out and asking me why I didn't do better because a fella up the road got the same despite 'never opening a book'.. Oh my god, the ****ing bítch.. I'm sooo not impressed by her hypocritical attitude. I wonder why I even bother with her.

Just ask her how many points she got. Then walk off. :)

Note: This works best if parent did not actually do the LC, and probably won't have the desired effect if said parent got 550pts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Just ask her how many points she got. Then walk off. :)

[SIZE="1"]Note: This works best if parent did not actually do the LC, and probably won't have the desired effect if said parent got 550pts..[/SIZE]

This works in my house. Dad failed art. ART!

Blame your genes :P

And he most certainly did open a book... Congratulations on your results!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ugh I fúcking hate my dad. I just sent him a text to remind him that half my fees are due for college within a month, between him and my mum, we're each paying a grand each, so I've given him a month to get 500. Ok fair enough that is a good bit of money but he's after texting me back saying all stupid shít like "leave it as late as possible" and "how much would I get for a kidney".

You agreed to this over a year and a half ago when I was leaving UCD, I did not twist your arm to make you offer to help me with fees, I offered to take a year out to work and save for them.

Also never mind the fact that you've a golf club membership, tennis club membership and just bought a new fúcking car which you pay €300 a month for the lease, while me and my mum sit over here barely scraping by. You fúcking ásshole. That's why I give my mum money and not you, you go on holidays 4 times a year, she's gone once in the last 4 years, you have all your memberships and luxuries while we get by on the bare minimum. She should have sued you for more, but had too much pride, you cheating, stingy bástard.

wow that went on longer than I meant..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

My future is basically teetering on a phone call that may not arrive...less dramatic than it sounds but much nail-biting is in store for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Feel sad thinking I've nothing to show for my life compared to my brothers. :( Feeling inadequate!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Spent the most of the last two years hating myself, my life and being generally down. Despite this, I managed to get 585 points. It's only Friday and I already feel like that this has been brushed under the carpet and forgotten about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Sometimes I'm pretty jealous of all those people who go home to see their parents and get spoilt by their parents. I came home yesterday and had to get a take away because there's nothing in the house and today I'm cleaning and throwing out rotten food in search for something edible so I don't have to walk a mile to the nearest shop. Also this morning I went to make coffee and found a few spiders living in the pot.
    I swear if my cats weren't here...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So at my aunts baby sitting and they were watching something on the hardrive.. Grand out. And then as they go to bed they change it to sky for me.. Grand out. But in the middle of Legally Blonde something just spazzes and it changes to the media player or something and at all my attempts at getting sky back leads to "no signal" :/
    Someone convince that I havnt broken something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

deise_girl wrote: »
    So at my aunts baby sitting and they were watching something on the hardrive.. Grand out. And then as they go to bed they change it to sky for me.. Grand out. But in the middle of Legally Blonde something just spazzes and it changes to the media player or something and at all my attempts at getting sky back leads to "no signal" :/
    Turn the hard drive off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Aaarrrggggghhhhhh! I'm sick of being jealous of every girl he sees and I know I shouldn't be! :/
    And secondly, why don't they put more red Skittles into the packets? Seriously, they're the best. :(

• Advertisement

Oh this sounds bad...

I honestly think your only viable course of action would be to burn the house to the ground to hide the evidence.

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Oh this sounds bad...

I honestly think your only viable course of action would be to burn the house to the ground to hide the evidence.
    Omfg my thing stopped loading after your first line and I was about to cry.. Coz I didnt act do anything it switched itself but I dunno how to get it back... You click something on one of 3 remotes and then select exit 5... Omfg why do these things happen to those who cant deal!11!!!!1! :(

flyswatter wrote: »
    Turn the hard drive off.
    I dunno how! I turned the wall switch off and on but I dont like this no signal craic.. Hopefully theres just a button im not pressing..

I dunno how! I turned the wall switch off and on but I doOnnt like this no signal craic.

On the Sky remote, try pressing "Tv" followed by "Sky".

EDIT: And you almost certainly haven't broken anything, it's probably just a complicated set-up that takes some getting used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Bastards, just filled out my passport application and signed the part you're supposed to do in front of a Guard. It's like the universe is trying to ruin any possibility I had of leaving the country in the next month...

Also, the sheet showing you which photos are unacceptable is HILARIOUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

the girl doing the sexy wink is my favourite :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Just so pissed off lately and I've decided to give up facebook for a bit because im sick of it and now there's 2 or 3 people who probably think im completely ignoring them (which I am I guess):P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

flyswatter wrote: »
    Turn the hard drive off.
    I dunno how! I turned the wall switch off and on but I dont like this no signal craic.. Hopefully theres just a button im not pressing..
    Its probably the normal tv remote, not the sky one. Button usually near the top switches between tv, dvd and all that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ally7 wrote: »
    the girl doing the sexy wink is my favourite :P

And the old woman wearing a headscarf in front of an 1980s stripy background...I like the idea that enough people actually tried to use a photo like that for it to become necessary to include it on the sheet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Give me patience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement