Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Second Republic

• 05-05-2012 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Very studenty feel from this thing... What was wrong with the news at one on a Saturday... 1pm is just not the right time for a comedy show..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I did enjoy this gag:

"Which is older, Twink or Newgrange?"

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Marty Morrissey is on it!!!!! Just switched off when I heard that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Addison Sour Tenant

Green Tea was decent humour most of the time but this was dreadful. What a waste.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭GSF

Green Tea was decent humour most of the time but this was dreadful. What a waste.:(
    Worse than Green Tea - that sets the bar pretty low!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

GSF wrote: »

That bad!!! By my calculation that makes it just above Funny Friday level...:eek:

Isn't it time RTE got the message. You cannot, have not or ever will produce decent comedy, either on TV or radio. Granted the occasional gem (Scrap Saturday - can't think of anything else, maybe Paths to Freedom on TV) get past the sentry.

But otherwise......ah! just give up.

We can always laugh at Duffy's insincerity and cry at Marzie's pay-packet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

GSF wrote: »

It must be why Dev Og is thinking of leaving FF.
    Awful ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

A poor attempt at a radio 4 style panel game which didnt work because it was crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Addison Sour Tenant

Today was every bit as bad as last week. Unfunny and strained. Where does RTE get funds to commission such trash?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I had the misfortune of hearing this 'show' today - utter garbage - it makes 'green tea' sound scrap saturday esque.

Who commissioned this junk ? - and what affect are these shows having on Saturday afternoon ratings ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ah ffs, can we not just have the news back??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear. A succession of lazy arsed observational quips. I don;t mind that RTE is actually trying new stuff only that they once again have not bothered to work the concepts up to a broadcastable level.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Delemere is not funny

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Delemere is not funny

So on the ( off ) button unfortunately. Given that we have made such a mess of the first republic could nothing better be tried?

Advertisement