Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

LOL i think it'll wait for eviction notice.. i'm betting on jan 7th.. that's the last day i can be left!! :D have to say though i'm going to miss being able to say ' will you do that i can't' .. i'm abusing it to the hilt!! it's great...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Up until now I've not taken advantage of my pregnant belly nearly enough!!

Baby has me in stitches. Right little character already. She doesn't like being cramped, and keeps getting annoyed and tries to make more room for herself. She starts pushing both sides of my tummy in a fit. The midwives in hospital were in stitches looking at my stomach move! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I heard a rumour that the new thing for bringing it on is horsey horsey WHILST on the exercise ball. I think this is where you went wrong CrazyCatLady! :D And as for getting people to do stuff after the birth..... well muscle tone can be VERY slack. Could take WEEKS to snap back into shape. Till then you'd be weak as water. And use that phrase..... works a treat.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I reckon they will offer her a sweep on Thursday and book her in for induction at 41 weeks just in case it doesn't start anything ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i've two little slaves lined up for plenty of work!! and they know it!! but my eldests response to me at the moment is ' but this is your baby mammy' ... :eek: she's 10...:D i'm doomed she's listening to her daddy too much!!! ;)

As for horsey horsey on a ball... look what happened to me the last time i did that and that was without a ball !!!!! LMAO i'm not taking that risk again!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

hacked wrote: »
    Baby has me in stitches. Right little character already. She doesn't like being cramped, and keeps getting annoyed and tries to make more room for herself. She starts pushing both sides of my tummy in a fit. The midwives in hospital were in stitches looking at my stomach move! :D

That's gas, our little madam is the same, she'll only kick when her daddy has his hand on my tummy, she wont kick for anyone else!
    If I sit upright and lean over to pick up something she'll give me an unmerciful boot in the ribs ie, you're squashing me, move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If I sit upright and lean over to pick up something she'll give me an unmerciful boot in the ribs ie, you're squashing me, move!

I get a punch in the lady garden!

As for doing the dirty business on the gym ball... I'm pretty sure its strained under my weight, wouldn't want to be adding his weight too! No doubt the ball would burst, he'd be injured and I'd have to babies to look after! No thanks! Its been bad enough with his man flu!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My wee fella hardly kicks at all now, just moves about sticking the odd knee or shoulder here and there. He must be so squished.

Think my days of walking about are numbered, went to the supermarket today and I could barely get around, can feel his head inside my pelvis now and it's like a constant period pain. Feeling sorry for the little man too, must be so annoying for him. His hiccups are now visible shaking my bum cheeks!

I just want to cry, I genuinely hate family sometimes. My mother wakes up moody so decides to make everyone else's life hell for the day too. I spent the morning slaving in the kitchen for her, and now my back is in bits. I have come down with a horrible chesty cold, and she insisted on keeping all the windows in the house open earlier. She has moaned and bitched and stressed me out so much I started having contractions again. And that's just the start of it. I am so tired I could cry. And I would like to kill something. :mad:

Poor you hacked... :( It's times like these I'm glad I don't live at home anymore.

• Advertisement

Poor you hacked... :( It's times like these I'm glad I don't live at home anymore.

The funny part of it is she tells me to just go back to my flat. I can't. My father threw my keys out on stephen's day. The Rent office won't be open till 2nd january and my landlord won't answer the phone. :D:pac:

Wonder if cbyrd or crazy cat lady are in labour yet :D

Hoping so!!

I feel your pain Hacked. Just had a searing nasty email from my younger sister giving out to me that I hadn't told her I was pregnant and she heard it when she was home for Christmas. Feel like telling her if she bothered her arse to be in contact when she was home I would have gladly told her. Not that it would make any difference..... She knows my first child exists and hasn't seen her since I organised a lunch last Christmas for the entire family, and hasn't ever sent her a birthday or Christmas card. Useless at everything except criticizing everyone else she is. :mad: I feel so angry and thats not good for my little bobs stewing in all that stuff. :(

I only started telling people this day week. As they got in contact with me. And I am trying to organise an anniversary lunch for my mams anniversary (and am a bit weepy around it) for Jan 10th and she completely slated all my ideas.

Thank goodness for friends like we have here and in the real world. They more than make up for mad family members.:D Mwah to you all. xxx

I feel your pain Hacked. Just had a searing nasty email from my younger sister giving out to me that I hadn't told her I was pregnant and she heard it when she was home for Christmas. Feel like telling her if she bothered her arse to be in contact when she was home I would have gladly told her. Not that it would make any difference..... She knows my first child exists and hasn't seen her since I organised a lunch last Christmas for the entire family, and hasn't ever sent her a birthday or Christmas card. Useless at everything except criticizing everyone else she is. :mad: I feel so angry and thats not good for my little bobs stewing in all that stuff. :(

I only started telling people this day week. As they got in contact with me. And I am trying to organise an anniversary lunch for my mams anniversary (and am a bit weepy around it) for Jan 10th and she completely slated all my ideas.

Thank goodness for friends like we have here and in the real world. They more than make up for mad family members.:D Mwah to you all. xxx

Ah Target, I can relate to that! We love them really, the situations just don't help the hormones! Take it easy hon. xx

So glad I don't see much of my family! My Mam is the only one I go out of my way for. If the others were laid back kind of people I'd make time for them but there's always fecking drama (that they create themselves!). I don't like drama, prefer any heightened emotions to be positive ones where at all possible.

Seeing my brother and granny tomorrow, he's gonna tell me about how he's going to break one of the other brothers' legs, she's going to give out to me for not covering my bump more because people will know "what I did". ****ing lunatics.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    So glad I don't see much of my family! My Mam is the only one I go out of my way for. If the others were laid back kind of people I'd make time for them but there's always fecking drama (that they create themselves!). I don't like drama, prefer any heightened emotions to be positive ones where at all possible.

Seeing my brother and granny tomorrow, he's gonna tell me about how he's going to break one of the other brothers' legs, she's going to give out to me for not covering my bump more because people will know "what I did". ****ing lunatics.

Oh my goodness Das Kitty, I almost died of laughter!

I am beginning to love this thread girls! Thats so funny about your granny Das Kitty! You have cheered me up! As for drama, my crowd are the same. They only do nasty. And I am giving some really serious thought to cancelling this lunch alltogether. There are 8 of us... 4 older, 6yr gap, me, 6 yr gap, 3 younger. The older ones call the 3 younger ones "wasters", the younger ones call the older ones "capitalist Btds" and I am the bridge in the middle expected to relay these messages of light and love. They are all bonkers at the moment (the capitalists) because two of them have been made redundant from the 100k pa jobs and didn't save during the good times. The younger ones are suggesting the older ones won't be able to afford the €15 per head for lunch as a wind up to them. The older ones are replying "well we can't ALL deal drugs on the side!" Why am I doing this at all? :eek: I might have a bad dose of morning sickness that day and not be able to go and just let them at it!;)

I am beginning to love this thread girls! Thats so funny about your granny Das Kitty! You have cheered me up! As for drama, my crowd are the same. They only do nasty. And I am giving some really serious thought to cancelling this lunch alltogether. There are 8 of us... 4 older, 6yr gap, me, 6 yr gap, 3 younger. The older ones call the 3 younger ones "wasters", the younger ones call the older ones "capitalist Btds" and I am the bridge in the middle expected to relay these messages of light and love. They are all bonkers at the moment (the capitalists) because two of them have been made redundant from the 100k pa jobs and didn't save during the good times. The younger ones are suggesting the older ones won't be able to afford the €15 per head for lunch as a wind up to them. The older ones are replying "well we can't ALL deal drugs on the side!" Why am I doing this at all? :eek: I might have a bad dose of morning sickness that day and not be able to go and just let them at it!;)

Or you could just go and get sick AT the lunch to spite them all! :P

The mother is in a much better mood now, and the 4 year old monster is finally in bed! Woohoo!
    I spent the last few minutes with my arms spread wide chasing her around the living room yelling "Belly's gonna git ye!!" before crushing her with the bump on the couch. She thought it was funny...and she did go to bed. lol

I'm not anyway :mad:

And to make things worse, one of my husbands friends girlfriends is due a baby in 2 weeks but I found out today that she'll be having a section on Thursday! Its not fair!

She was due a baby when we had the MC last year too so its looking like they'll have 2 babies to our none! I can't wait anymore!!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be bothered facilitating bringing people together who don't want to be together tbh. Everyone being together isn't much fun unless they want to see one another. The miserable shower. I often wonder do people who behave like that actually enjoy their lives at all or is getting one over on someone the only thing that makes them feel alive? LOL

Probably too late to cancel this year but next year to remember your Mum do something low key and tell them they can come if they like but they're to check the poison at the door.

Met a friend of mine today her bro in law is feuding with someone in the family and wouldn't even acknowledge his own baby niece who was there for Christmas day. Families!

Oh lord -- Tis the season, huh girl?

CCL-- im so sorry! Seriously, praying the baby decides to come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

@ Target Widow - my heart goes out to you receiving that horrible mail from your sis. Chin up, hopefully she'll re-read the mail she sent and apologise to you.

@ Das Kitty - that is hilarious, that is my gran to a tee too. I normally wear big coats so bump is covered up but I know if I 'flaunted' it at all in her presence there would be a comment made!
    That's gas too that baby's hiccups are shaking you 'down there'!

I don't think I've felt baby hiccuping though she kicks like a mule so probably just haven't noticed the lesser movements yet!

Thanks Hacked!

Families are crazy! Thank god all of mine are in England... Especially my mum! She's the craziest of them all! :D

Poor CCL. You must be starting to feel like that episode of Friends when Rachel was having her baby Emma. Everyone else was being wheeled into and out of the labour ward having all their babies ages before her! If it is any consolation, my DD was 8 days late. She took 27 hours to arrive and eventually had to be dragged into the world with suction! I always said if she was relaxed IN the world as she was about COMING INTO it she'll do well in the world. And you know what? She was the easiest baby I ever met and is the most laid back toddler I know. Chilled to the core. So maybe you will have a lovely easy baby CCL. Sending you love and light to guide your little one on their way soon. xx

TargetWidow, I hope your sister cops onto herself soon. Maybe just go to the dinner and if anything kicks off just do as hacked mentioned and puke all over the table. Might make em stop arguing for a few minutes!!

DasKitty, good Lord... sounds like loads of fun with your brother! My Granny was delighted when I told her I was pregnant again... first great grandchild was Addison. But my nan still goes to nightclubs... so... maybe she's just a bit "different" anyways.

CCL, get yourself a vindaloo.

hacked, I'm surprised you had the energy to run around with your little sister. I can hardly carry Addison up the stairs anymore lol!!

Adrieanne -- your dad can still grow a PROPER not wilty fro, and your granny goes to nightclubs....how old were you parents when they had you?! :eek:

When I said running around after my sister...I kinda meant I sat on the couch for an hour and then slowly ran/waddled the ten feet or so to the otherside of the room....once. :rolleyes:

hacked wrote: »
    Adrieanne -- your dad can still grow a PROPER not wilty fro, and your granny goes to nightclubs....how old were you parents when they had you?! :eek:

When I said running around after my sister...I kinda meant I sat on the couch for an hour and then slowly ran/waddled the ten feet or so to the otherside of the room....once. :rolleyes:

Haha!! Daddy is 47 and nanny is 61 (my mams mother!!) My mam was 19 when she had me so she was still a young un too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ah girls, ye're hilarious! Families are always the worst-good or bad.

My mother is flat out refusing to discuss the fact that I'm pregnant, barely asks 'how are you?' on the phone. You'd swear I was 16! The other night she rang me to 'check' if it's ok for her and my dad to go on holiday 'round the end of May'. By 'check' I presume that she's already booked it! She pretended to forget my due date (may 19th) and faffed around the date of the holiday. The woman is the worst actress in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

ahhh, ive just put 2 and 2 together, i was sick, then i wasn't so much and now i am again, the reason - i am now in 3rd trimester - ahhhhhhh. it's so much harder for me anyway this time. my little man is just gone 3 and has been potty trained since the summer. he is slightly on the small side compared with other toddlers his age and i still help him when he goes to the toilet, ie wipe his bum but the last few days the smell has made me vomit as im cleanin him up. im sure im not the only one who has to overcome this? anyone any tips. what age is normal for them to be able to go bathroom completely on they'r own? i really feel terrible, ccan anyone help????

Advertisement