Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Rollies

• 27-02-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Hi there

started smoking rollies about a week ago after been on silk cut purple for years

Just wondering what would be the weakest rolling tobacco???

Im buying the packets of amber leaf at the moment great value and to be honest much nicer than a normal cigarette

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

the golden virginia yellow is also fairly light and tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

just checking are you using filters? find a lot of people don't in ireland to the extent many shops don't even stock them. theyre much nicer with one

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    just checking are you using filters? find a lot of people don't in ireland to the extent many shops don't even stock them. theyre much nicer with one

Thanks for all your replies:)

Yea im using the rizla slim filters at the minute i found the ultra slim ones very small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

try and get used to the ultra slim ones theyre far better

amber leaf is also probably the strongest tobacco, very harsh. golden virginia and cutters choice is the way to go. steer well clear of drum, tastes awful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Switched to rollies meself , now smoke amber leaf or cutters choice. One of them (can't rem which one) gives a few 'sticks' of filters along with the papers.

Right well i went and got myself a 25g pouch of Golden Virginia today:)

Have to say its much nicer than the Amber Leaf, not half as strong :D

Cant believe i never smoked rollies till now, i would have saved a fortune and much nicer aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

zef wrote: »
    Switched to rollies meself , now smoke amber leaf or cutters choice. One of them (can't rem which one) gives a few 'sticks' of filters along with the papers.

**** papers though. :pac:

Practice rolling just slightly too tight. When putting in the filter put the plastic cover in first and slide the filter in. That way ya can have an end that's actually narrower than the filter and it's smokable like a proper cigarette.
    I'll second Golden Virginia as well. Big pouches are the way to go, got the smaller one before and by the time you're halfway through it's all split into tiny bits, makes it untidy then rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Golden Virginia is the smoothest I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

amacachi wrote: »
    **** papers though. :pac:

Practice rolling just slightly too tight. When putting in the filter put the plastic cover in first and slide the filter in. That way ya can have an end that's actually narrower than the filter and it's smokable like a proper cigarette.
    I'll second Golden Virginia as well. Big pouches are the way to go, got the smaller one before and by the time you're halfway through it's all split into tiny bits, makes it untidy then rolling.
    Or just roll it with the filter in?

I myself only started smoking rollies back at the start of the year, only buy proper fags when I'm heading out boozing so I've saved a small fortune already.

Golden Virginia, red skins and rizzla slim = win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Battleflag wrote: »
    Or just roll it with the filter in?

No matter how tight I do it with the filter in it's not tight enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

If you are looking for a light and mild tobacco I highly suggest Cutters Choice as a few others have said. I find its reallly the only one that I can enjoy properly. I find all of the others to be really heavy and dry (too much like "normal" ciggies in my opinion) where the Cutters Choice is always very moist (a neccessity in my opinion) and easy to roll with and burns and tastes lovely as it smokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dpqt

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Right well i went and got myself a 25g pouch of Golden Virginia today:)

Have to say its much nicer than the Amber Leaf, not half as strong :D

Cant believe i never smoked rollies till now, i would have saved a fortune and much nicer aswell

Is GV less harsher than amber leaf on the lungs when inhaling?

dpqt wrote: »
    Is GV less harsher than amber leaf on the lungs when inhaling?

yes i find it an awful lot better than amber leaf to be honest

ya should give it a try, you can get it in the small boxes like amber leaf €4.40 great value:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 blaser r93

nerrad1983 wrote: »
    Hi there

started smoking rollies about a week ago after been on silk cut purple for years

Just wondering what would be the weakest rolling tobacco???

Im buying the packets of amber leaf at the moment great value and to be honest much nicer than a normal cigarette

i find golden virginia good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Samson Original Blend is my personal favourite. There's another type called Halfzware Shag which I dislike. Too dark, dry and tastes horrible.

Should be trying a new bright blend soon which I imagine is milder. Will post my opinion once I taste it. Hopefully earlyish this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Just started rolling yesterday.

few dodgy smokes but havent swallowed any filters just yet :P

anyone have any tips for getting the filter tight in the skin?

think ill change from amber leaf to golden virginia too, but i wanna make sure im actually able to roll

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

El Spearo wrote: »
    Just started rolling yesterday.

few dodgy smokes but havent swallowed any filters just yet :P

anyone have any tips for getting the filter tight in the skin?

think ill change from amber leaf to golden virginia too, but i wanna make sure im actually able to roll

I had this problem too xD!

I found it helpful to always hold the filter and do everything else with your right hand. Can't really explain. If all goes wrong then just hold the skin against the filter with your lips and walk it off. ;)

Make sure you try Cutter's Choice aswell. I find it to be a lot smoother than the rest of them, I like Amber Leaf too :3 Golden Virgina always seemed a little rough to me. :3

Yes I said 'Golden Virgina' on purpose. I'm so mature like that. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

An0n wrote: »
    You do know that you have to be 18+ years old to be in this forum?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

An0n wrote: »
    I had this problem too xD!

I found it helpful to always hold the filter and do everything else with your right hand. Can't really explain. If all goes wrong then just hold the skin against the filter with your lips and walk it off. ;)

Make sure you try Cutter's Choice aswell. I find it to be a lot smoother than the rest of them, I like Amber Leaf too :3 Golden Virgina always seemed a little rough to me. :3

i just realised the box i bought has extra small filters...

i presume there is then bigger ones :P

might make life easier! the amount of students in the ul library rolling now is ridiculous! and at my desk Ive had a few moments of...just walk away and everyone thinks you did a good job :P

forgot me lighter so its embarrasing having others see my efforts! :D

• Advertisement

If you have one of the sticks that can hold 6 filters take two out and fold one of the ends so it's really narrow. Put that end into the rollie and squeeze from the bottom and you can get the filter into a rollie that's actually skinnier than it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

OldGoat wrote: »
    You do know that you have to be 18+ years old to be in this forum?

I'm over 18 years of age.
    Forgot my ID at home, sorry sir.

*walks out of shop*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 cavan4liam

Papers are very important I find, I used to smoke with the papers included but now I always spend the few extra cent on blue rizzla papers, very light, to the point that they're see through, and can be tricky to roll with at first but well worth it. If you really want an easy smoke, roll with the skin backwards, the gum part at the bottom facing you when folded. When you roll it, tuck the gum part in and lick it through the paper. Because the skins are so light the moisture will glue it through the skin. You will be left with a flap of extra skin which can be torn of along the gum line, or if you're out to impress light it, it will go up in flames but not damage the cigarette because of the moisture...
    [Mod SNIP - spliff rolling reference - Please read the Charter.]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

cavan4liam wrote: »
    Papers are very important I find, I used to smoke with the papers included but now I always spend the few extra cent on blue rizzla papers, very light, to the point that they're see through, and can be tricky to roll with at first but well worth it. If you really want an easy smoke, roll with the skin backwards, the gum part at the bottom facing you when folded. When you roll it, tuck the gum part in and lick it through the paper. Because the skins are so light the moisture will glue it through the skin. You will be left with a flap of extra skin which can be torn of along the gum line, or if you're out to impress light it, it will go up in flames but not damage the cigarette because of the moisture...
    [Mod SNIP - spliff rolling reference - Please read the Charter.]

Russian Style!

Advertisement