Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming headsets for PS3!

• 05-08-2011 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys,

Any1 have any suggestions for a good but cheap PS3 gaming headset!
    In other words it has to have:
    -USB jack
    -Microphone
    -Ability to change game and chat volume

I prefer wired headset! but cheapness is what i am after! I'd also rather buy it from a shop but i dont mind buying it off the net!

Side note: I got these useless headsets from Xtravision a while back and had to bring it back 3 times to swap as the wire going into the headset had a ****ty connection!! ORB was the manufacturer

please help! thx in advance!!:):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭guil

i got the turtle beach px21's in argos last year some time, cant fault them and the sound is good and they tick all your boxes, they were 75 when i got them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭BaronVon

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭du6linjoe

Hey guys,

Any1 have any suggestions for a good but cheap PS3 gaming headset!
    In other words it has to have:
    -USB jack
    -Microphone
    -Ability to change game and chat volume

I prefer wired headset! but cheapness is what i am after! I'd also rather buy it from a shop but i dont mind buying it off the net!

Side note: I got these useless headsets from Xtravision a while back and had to bring it back 3 times to swap as the wire going into the headset had a ****ty connection!! ORB was the manufacturer

please help! thx in advance!!:):):)
    Buy the Sony PSN mic, the sound quality is fantastic & it also works with phones & its cheapest in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

This is an awesome site for gaming gear:

http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/

du6linjoe wrote: »
    Buy the Sony PSN mic, the sound quality is fantastic & it also works with phones & its cheapest in Argos
    is that the BT one, its a PITA having to charge it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

i use turtle beach PX21 they are very good and the mic is brilliant i use them playing Bad Company 2 you can tell where the shooting is coming from

i use turtle beach PX21 they are very good and the mic is brilliant i use them playing Bad Company 2 you can tell where the shooting is coming from
    i play bc2 regularly, add me on guil_10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

ive had the px21 and couldnt fault the headset, i currently have the ord xtravision ones, there alright but a bit uncomfortable and the official wireless ps3 ear piece set is very good also. Of the 3 , id pick the px21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've got a pair of PS3 headphones made by 4Gamers. They're wired (via usb and AV cable), have great sound quality, chat and game volume controls with a mute switch and aren't too expensive. I got mine for about €50. My only problem with them is that they're only for the PS3. I recently picked up a 360 so I'll be upgrading to a pair of Turtle Beach cross-console headsets.

guil wrote: »
    i play bc2 regularly, add me on guil_10

ok no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

PX21's have crap build quality, mine literally fell apart. The Tritton AX180s are around same price and seem a lot sturdier.

mcgovern wrote: »
    PX21's have crap build quality, mine literally fell apart. The Tritton AX180s are around same price and seem a lot sturdier.

i have mine with about 7 months and they don't feel like their going fall apart :D

got mine maybe a little over a year ago and they are just fcuked down the bac of the tv and no problems whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I might have just got unlucky, but friends with other turtle beaches have had similar problems.

mcgovern wrote: »
    I might have just got unlucky, but friends with other turtle beaches have had similar problems.
    the build quality is poor, mine broke where the lead enters the headset, nothing could be done to repair it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

Was thinking of getting a headset in Argos.

In stock are Turtle Beach DPX21 and Tritton AX PRO

Which one would be the best?

Would use it on PS3, xbox and PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

HMV had the Turtle Beach P11's for about €60 iirc, I was tempted to buy them but I held off and decided to get the Steelseries Siberia V2 PS3 version and yeah they are expensive but for the amount id use them and the comfort factor I went with a quality pair that I (hope) will last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

Get the official sony playstation one. I've had a fair few and it's easily the best because it has a mute function, on screen notifications(connected, disconnected, mute, unmute, volume, charge level) which no other headset has, it's piss easy to set up and it can be used while charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

I use the Plantronics GameCom 777 they work great, you could maybe pick them up for about €35-50

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Out september 6th, http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19140.

I've used VG+ before. Last game, delivery was 1 week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

F1ngers wrote: »
    Out september 6th, http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19140.

I've used VG+ before. Last game, delivery was 1 week.

I would be majory surprised if you didn't get done for customs on that!

Any reviews yet?

Nice that there finally releasing one but it looks a little off putting, the mic looks like it slides back into itself. Need more info before i can buy, been looking for a nice headset

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

noodler wrote: »
    I would be majory surprised if you didn't get done for customs on that!

Any reviews yet?

For the size it might get caught. Last game I got off them was marked $18 - Toy game.
    Couldn't find any reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

F1ngers wrote: »

The description on that site says it's got 7.1 digital surround. I was sure I heard a few times that this headset would only have stereo sound.

Cool if it's got surround, so butt ugly though.

Edit: Yeah 7.1 virtual surround. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/27/new-official-wireless-stereo-headset-coming-for-ps3/
    Pretty cheap too. Way better value than anything from turtle beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Shipping has gone up a huge amount on that website. The savings are not there because of it. €17 shipping last time i checked.

Ed

Advertisement