Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I got one a few weeks ago at the same price. Not sure if its any good for wiping feet. If it gets dirty its into the bin with it. Plus its very slippy on tiled or wooden floors.

Looks nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

rubadub wrote: »
    thats good, and they are in pineapple juice. Some fruits are in syrup or other juices like cheaper apple juice.

Tescos own brand are strangely priced, the rings are 66c and the chunks are 95c. The 66c rings are 432g, so slightly less per gram than dole, the small tin suits me better though and dole are probably better.

The same tesco range have 227g for 83c! big tin is cheaper.

Tesco Pineapple Slices In Natural Juice 432G
    €0.66 (€2.55/kg)

Tesco Pineapple Slices Natural Juice 227G
    €0.83 (€6.11/kg)
    Couldn't find the Dole pineapple, was it in a clearance area?

I've been seeing Kirstie Allsop stuff since Jan/Feb, but originally scanning at full price although marked as clearance. It used to be on an endcap, then they moved it into the stationery aisle and finally marked it down by 25%, but I think it's still way too expensive at that. Has anyone seen it at decent prices?

I'm also seeing bluetooth speakers in clearance but still only have 25% off although they've been in clearance area about a month. I'm waiting for them to be reduced more.

One example is this one - Divoom Bluetune Bean Bluetooth Speaker Red

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Tesco Baggot Street Lower has the pineapple slices with the rest of the fruit tins and custards.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Some strange ‘Make me an offer table’ in Tesco Naas this lunch time. I didn’t have time to get the details unfortunately. Suitcases seemed to be the most popular item, people going around with trolley loads, most people were struggling with three to four each. One of the labels I saw on a suit case was marked €7.00 down from €51.00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

in tesco douglas just now in the reduced section i found rolls of wrapping paper, some plain design, some saying happy birthday, others in pink and blue designs

but they were 3c or 22c or 88c a roll depending on which one you got,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Saw one Nintendo DS Lite Pink (or Metallic Rose as per the box) in Maynooth yesterday for €50

Silver one beside it was €179.99 ....

Might be of use to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

"Make me an offer" promo is supposed to be on in Tesco Extra, Naas all weekend. Suitcase offer was stopped yesterday and the guy doing it got a right bollcocking from one of the managers. Apparently suitcases were not supposed to be included. Plenty of other stuff though. You have to go in each day to see what they bring out from their overstocked store-room. Nothing is pre-advertised. Wife got roasting tray with carving knife & fork for €2,Salter kitchen scales for €4 (originally €30 then down to €22), and kids bracelet making set for €4 (originally €30 then down to €19). Had to put suitcases back though.

Wow ... I must be attracting hand held console bargains lately ...

Saw 3 X Sony PSP Slim And Light's (Ceramic White) in Dundrum today for €50 each

Might be of use to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Picked up a few things in tesco killarney tonight:
    - cadburys miniature heroes were 5.99 now 1.50
    - blue dragon stir fry sauces 22c
    -master chef barbecue utensils were 10 now 2.50
    - women's sunglasses were 6 now 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Quick question: If I buy an electrical item in one Tesco store, can I get a refund in another?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

tallpaul wrote: »
    Quick question: If I buy an electrical item in one Tesco store, can I get a refund in another?
    Quick answer: Yes.

Recently did it between Wexford and Clarehall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

Lucan store, possible nationwide:

Colgate Omron c350 electric toothbrush.

Was 80, now 40.

Also a novelty on the box, it says "powered by japanese technology." That probably means it comes in powder form and you add water before you shape it into a toothbrush with a tiny spatula.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

A few of these gazebos in clearance section Naas today €7.25
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-pe-gazebo-24mx24m-green/465-7239.prd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunno if people are paying attention to the coupon forum but
    Big Al's 2 quarter pounders are €1.90 less a €1 coupon valid until 31/07

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

Tesco Gorey have some tablet covers reduced to €9.99, I got a great one yesterday for Samsung Galaxy tab 2

Tesco Maynooth had some nice Gardening tools heavily reduced ...

Dobbies Select Wood & Stainless Steel Digging Spade Was €22 - now €5.74 (Pictured below)
    Dobbies Select Wood & Stainless Steel Digging Fork Was €22 - now €5.74

219pdmWjncL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Some reductions in gardening tools and bits and bobs in Clare Hall too

Dibber: 37 cents
    ties: 37 cents
    gardening apron: about 6€

They are in the DIY aisle

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Big new Tesco opening in Dundalk 2nd August. As a club card owner I got a brouchure in the post with three vouchers with €4 off €20 spend for each of the next three weeks. Dunnes have responded by putting a €10 off €40 spend voucher in the local papers. Applies to new Tesco and three Dunnes in Dundalk only. Bit of a mini price war.

The new Tesco also has petrol which may put downward pressure on prices locally.

http://talkofthetown.ie/tag/dundalk-shopping-centre/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

12 can't of coke in Clarehall 4 euro. Sorry can't flip image.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

stevek93 wrote: »
    12 can't of coke in Clarehall 4 euro. Sorry can't flip image.

This is a nationwide offer, been running all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

zarquon wrote: »
    This is a nationwide offer, been running all week.

Well is still a bargain.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

stevek93 wrote: »
    Well is still a bargain.

Well it may be better than normal- but when you compare it with Dunnes and Supervalu doing the 18 pack at 6 and 5 Euro respectively- its only matching what their competitors are offering (though Supervalu do seem to be that little bit cheaper than elsewhere- when you factor the 10 off when you spend 50 into the equation- getting the per unit cost for the cans down to 22.2c per can- if you buy 10 trays of 18 for 40 Euro- i.e. 18 pack trays at 4 Euro each, but you have to buy 10 to get them at this price)........

Shop around- some surprises out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Pricing error I would say... The Bio version is way more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

fartyarse wrote: »

Not sure that it is a pricing error, I've been buying it at that price for at least 6 months, maybe closer to a year? Never posted it as a Tesco bargain alert as I had no idea it was a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

In Mahon Point, the blue Wingman stuff is marked at €2.80 but scanning at €4.35.

Qualifies for the double the difference refund.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ncur wrote: »
    Not sure that it is a pricing error, I've been buying it at that price for at least 6 months, maybe closer to a year? Never posted it as a Tesco bargain alert as I had no idea it was a good price!

Ditto- its been in or around this price forever. For the own brand stuff- its what it costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

fartyarse wrote: »

compared to the larger size... seems like pricing error alright

Tesco Super Concentrated Liquid Non Biological 960Ml

€5.09 (€5.31/l)
    Add to basket

Quantity

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Oopsies, sorry folks! I got too excited when I saw how affordable it was so I posted too quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

sharpish wrote: »
    compared to the larger size... seems like pricing error alright

Tesco Super Concentrated Liquid Non Biological 960Ml

€5.09 (€5.31/l)
    Add to basket

Quantity

Tesco frequently have pricing inconsistencies between the small and large size of the same product, this was highlighted in an IT article recently. It always pays to check whether it's better to buy 2 of the small size as opposed to 1 of the large size ;)

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/pricewatch-readers-queries-1.1861839?page=2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Soarer wrote: »
    In Mahon Point, the blue Wingman stuff is marked at €2.80 but scanning at €4.35.

Qualifies for the double the difference refund.

what is the Wingman Stuff I cant find it on the tesco site Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement