Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My copy has been dispatched from Gamesnash, cmon Mr. Postie, give me a nice surprise tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Pre-Ordered for €25 on gamestop.ie a week ago, just received an email containing a completely unexpected DLC code.
    Local Justice Multiplayer Map Pack

The Local Justice multiplayer map pack includes the Police Precinct map for Gang Wars, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer multiplayer modes. The pack will also feature two additional maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer, new precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items, multiplayer challenges, and more.

Noice!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pre-Ordered for €25 on gamestop.ie a week ago, just received an email containing a completely unexpected DLC code.
    I ordered off cdwow, I hope they do the same as there was no mention of any DLC bonus when buying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just got shipping confirmation of my special edition and my Local Justice code from Gamestop. Happy days.

Sheehy, request sent, rockchapelboy, on XBL. Am only joining to make up the numbers until the end of August, or at least until I figure out a way of getting my shítty mobile broadband to work with the xbox. :)

Ah i'm only on PS3 but the gang is tracked over ps3, xbox and pc. Always welcome the numbers!

I think that free local justice dlc is a preorder with gamestop only, rest of us need to pay for it so make sure ye let us know if it's any good lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think that free local justice dlc is a preorder with gamestop only, rest of us need to pay for it so make sure ye let us know if it's any good lads :)

I remember seeing it as a bonus on play.com as well, but that may have ust been with the CE...

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

people talking about the rockstar pass a few days ago, if u enjoy the multiplayer you'll need to be picking up some of the dlc, was in a stream earlier and apparently there are only 6 maps for the multiplayer, hope they aint gonna pull an ea/capcom move here. i trust rockstar to deliver an amazing game but sure hope they dont hope on the greedy dlc bandwagon

Added u there wnolan. Id say the mp is a bit light on content alright since they have a big line up planned for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just requested membership there Sheehy... The wait for the pc version will be a long wait. :mad:

Request didnt come through, whats your rockstar name corkfeen?

Will be beaming if I get this tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Preordered this in gamestop today, bless birthday money! Request sent Sheehy for the crww, however useful I'll be. Bring on friday afternoon.

Request didnt come through, whats your rockstar name corkfeen?

Will be beaming if I get this tomorrow.

Mrblonde21 is my username and just have to say I hate all of ye who will be playing it this week. :D But I shall enjoy my 25 euro copy on my computer. :P

Ya go way you r getting it half price, u can wait a week haha

Ya go way you r getting it half price, u can wait a week haha

True, I really just wanted to rub that fact in. :) Mainly to comfort myself though....

Sent invites to cork feen and potential monke there. I know pc games are usually cheaper but wonder why this was a lot cheaper than usual?

Sent invites to cork feen and potential monke there. I know pc games are usually cheaper but wonder why this was a lot cheaper than usual?

I think the gamestop website accidentally had the game slightly mispriced for a few days and I just happened to avail of it. Fairly sure the console copies were slightly cheaper at the time too. Thanks for the invite and you've now reached 25. :)

Well done lads, we got our first accomplishment of getting 25 members!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just started playing this but already on chapter 5.

It does a great job of recapturing the atmosphere of previous max payne games.
    Pity the Gameplay is so dull, it's just the typical duck and cover shooter that most 3rd person shooters are these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

might see if my local tesco's has it after midnight tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

one more feckin' sleep :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tuxy wrote: »
    Just started playing this but already on chapter 5.

It does a great job of recapturing the atmosphere of previous max payne games.
    Pity the Gameplay is so dull, it's just the typical duck and cover shooter that most 3rd person shooters are these days.

Ahhhh This is what i was afraid of.

Really don't know if i'll bother with this at full price. I'm playing MP1 at the moment and don't think i could be arsed playing what boils down to a reskinned game.

YEEEAAAAAAAAHHH Gamesnash ye beautiful b*stards! Max just arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

First impressions?

I'll be picking it up at lunch time tomorrow and have set aside tomorrow night to sit down and get stuck into the MP with a few beers.

In work but went to one of the lads place for lunch to see what it's like but by the time it installed, we had to head back to work. sickner! Will be giving it plenty of time tonight anyway so will let ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

YEEEAAAAAAAAHHH Gamesnash ye beautiful b*stards! Max just arrived!

i used to love a bit of early gamesnash delivery

i've decided i'm not going to get this on console, i just can't do it. i played and loved (even on really low settings) MP 1 and 2 on our old family pc when they first came out. i got both again on the xbox a couple of weeks ago and tbh they're horrible to play with a joypad, it's really put me off the idea of MP on console so i've a couple of weeks to build a new system. . .must avoid videos/spoilers for even longer :(

Yurt! Courier just rang, game being delivered as I type. Now just gotta pack my sh't and get back home tonight and collect it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

weiland79 wrote: »
    Ahhhh This is what i was afraid of.

Really don't know if i'll bother with this at full price. I'm playing MP1 at the moment and don't think i could be arsed playing what boils down to a reskinned game.

dunno bout this, ive been reading the neogaf forums about it and everyone loves it, only complaint they have is that its too long between save points, thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Does anyone know offhand how much the Xbox version will be?

Heading into Dublin tomorrow to pick it up :)

Does anyone know offhand how much the Xbox version will be?

Heading into Dublin tomorrow to pick it up :)

Well it's 50 quid on gamestop.ie, so I can only imagine it'll be at least that in most shops. Might be lucky to pick up a cheap copy in Tesco maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Screenshot comparison between the xbox and ps3 version seem to be 99% identical :)

Advertisement